Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Year 1 overemphasis on crit value has done irreparable damage to the medium-investment character building community :/

But anyway, I just checked out the full Clori (bleh, bad abbreviation, looks like Chiori) kit and it looks like I completely misread her very important passive lol (oops!)

You DON'T need 3 different reactions. You just need each party member to trigger 1 reaction, once. Example team:

Fischl summons Oz, placing electro on the enemy
Chevreuse QE shoot, triggering Overload (1)
Xiangling QE. Either she or Fish triggers overload during this setup. Pyro remains on the enemy (2)
The next Oz application 100% triggers overload (2 or 3)
At some point during Clorinde's rotation, electro will overpower pyro and Pyronado will trigger the last overload (3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sidge does not seem very strong but technically she does stuff while healing. Might even be a sac bow user.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along Musk Reef with XIANGLING.
Across the Spiral Abyss Chronicle flashed scenes from my past runs.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of usage rates for each run,
One belonging to my flavor of the month 5 star hypercarry, and one to XIANGLING.

After the last entry in the chronicle flashed before me,
I looked back at the usage rates.
I noticed that at many times along the Spiral Abyss Chronicle,
especially especially at the most annoying and frustrating layouts,
there was only the flavor of the month 5 star hypercarry.

This really troubled me, so I asked XIANGLING about it.
"XIANGLING, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the worst and most obnoxious layouts of my runs,
there was only a 5 star hypercarry in my records.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

She whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only the 5 star hypercarry,
It was then that I was a high damage off-field enabler."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Arlecchino to 90, like 6/8/7, got her weapon in one 10-pull on the weapon banner, haven't had that happen since Raiden. Her weapon is only level 80 since there are no more golems to find until tomorrow. I have pretty decent artifacts on her too, her new set but no ER whatsoever which I need to sort out.

First impressions; while I still hate all the health-gimmick stuff they're obsessed with, she's pretty drat good. It's nice to just be able to mash melee attacks and have things happen but she can pack a hell of a punch.

I also completed the fountain, the statue of the seven, and 100% all the new areas. Neat stuff and good music.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Arle’s bond of life stuff is confusing me.

Someone wiser, what series of buttons should I aim to be pressing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Arle’s bond of life stuff is confusing me.

Someone wiser, what series of buttons should I aim to be pressing.

I assume you press X which is gon give it to ya

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

You begin with skill

Then support character stuff

Then charge attack

Like any of the other skill transformation characters, except you push the skill buttom way at the beginning, and the actual transformation triggers with a charge attack. You can just ignore what Bond of Life does normally, it doesn't matter.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ohhh I understand sethos now. He's the only character in the game who truly wants wanderer's troupe.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's kind of crazy how smooth her gameplay loop is. Skill into the rest of your team rotation for buffs/bursts back into Arl for charged attack then unga bunga NATK spam. Burst only if needed to heal, but it's not a big deal since it also resets her (admittedly very long) skill cooldown.

I guess technically if you miss landing the skill somehow and don't have your burst up you're SOL, but that seems highly unlikely, even in the overworld.

Also apparently the BOL visible appearance is something like a 2:1 ratio with health, not directly comparable. That's why using her skill on a single enemy then charge attacking immediately only generates awhat appears to be a ~30% length BOL bar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its worded very confusingly but its very simple in practice. her skill puts a mark on the enemies. after a few second the mark activates. she hits them a few times until the mark is gone. repeat.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Ohhh I understand sethos now. He's the only character in the game who truly wants wanderer's troupe.

It fits him perfectly, but the grim specter of "onfield hyperbloom driver" haunts every aspect of his kit lol

His EM ascension and talent scaling aren't helping him beat the allegations

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
FORGIVE ME FATHER FOR I HAVE SPENT

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Note Block posted:

FORGIVE ME FATHER FOR I HAVE SPENT

Meanwhile it took me the full 160 (78 Jean C2, 82 Arlecchino C0), so all these doubles are making me jealous!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

It fits him perfectly, but the grim specter of "onfield hyperbloom driver" haunts every aspect of his kit lol

His EM ascension and talent scaling aren't helping him beat the allegations
I think that boy is aggravate. His energy drain mechanic is completely unplayable you only use him for skill+burst until C6, where you start doing 1 charged attack before you burst. Hopefully his ICD during burst is good.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 25, 2024

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I can't forgive him for creating that event bow.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Does Arle actually power creep Hu Tao? Specifically C1 Arle vs C1 Tao.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is she more fun

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Arlecchino has a very neutral play feel. You just click your normals with her and they're nice normals and they do a lot of damage and that's the kit. There's nothing objectionable the way a lot of people object to Hu Tao.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ardlen posted:

Meanwhile it took me the full 160 (78 Jean C2, 82 Arlecchino C0), so all these doubles are making me jealous!

I spent a lot of money so don't be too jealous.

Meanwhile

https://i.imgur.com/nHNHRCp.mp4

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Arle is much more enjoyable in overworld than I expected, her BoL lasts seemingly forever so you have permanent pyro infusion, the bol she gains from minimal mark after skill cast is enough to kill almost everything in the overworld so you never really need to wait or switch her off. The fact that she can switch on and off Noele style while keeping the buff is also a great boon, especially in multiple wave abyss floors as you overkill stuff with full rot but still need reapply debuffs for the next wave and you can keep unspent BoL for the next rot.

As for abyss team comps vape Arle was fine but not really notable for now, my hutao vape team is quite a bit stronger and I don't think the 2 extra NA talent levels I'm missing with a potential BiS artie upgrade to her current glad set with 75/217 crit stats will make up the difference anytime soon. Arle, Chevreuse, beidou teams felt great on the other hand and I'm sticking with them for now, beidou being key in keeping her alive.

If you're not running beidou/XQ/Shielder prepare to get good at dodging coz having to press that ult button prematurely kills all the momentum.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've heard there's a bug(?) going around where you can die during Arle's burst. Probably not intended and seems to be related to bond of life goofiness.

Oh and I encountered a bug where I had switched into Neuvillette but the burst fired off as Zhongli, probably due to the way I was being sandwiched between the two Mitachurls

https://i.imgur.com/bcN1rt3.mp4
(please ignore Shenhe she's just there for the sweet friendship)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i didnt know neuv could drop meteors like zl wow

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

No Wave posted:

Tighnari loves Wanderer's Troupe.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Melt Ganyu loves Wanderer's

but that implies playing Melt Ganyu

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Got Keqinq, pretty happy with that. :toot:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Pyro archon is gonna be pyro Nahida and then triple archon burnmelt Ganyu will rise again!!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

AParadox posted:

I wonder how we can get 3 electro procs with her. Its a pain in the rear end with Neuv already and he can use his skill and normals as setup while she can't waste anything. Quicken also eats up electro aura really fast so its unlikely she can get that many reactions during her fieldtime unless her proc rate is insane or you break quicken with something else and miss agravate procs.
All Quicken-related reactions are considered Electro (except possibly Spread). Triggering Quicken is one, Aggravate is another. It shouldn't be that hard in an Aggravate team.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh gross it's yet another pyro that can't replace Xiangling or Bennett. :madmax:

Guess I'll wait and see what others think of Arle because she sounds like a waste of time. A lot of us hyperinvested in Hu Tao artifacts back when vape reigned supreme. There's no chance Arle is ever gonna compete. Is there anything useful Arle does that Hu Tao can't?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Wear long pants, fly, fight herself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Note Block posted:

I spent a lot of money so don't be too jealous.

Meanwhile

https://i.imgur.com/nHNHRCp.mp4

I appreciate these marble knights in her domain. Gave me a reason to bring Eula out of storage and they can really take a beating too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

haypliss posted:

Wear long pants, fly, fight herself.

Also is an One-Winged Angel Father

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Clorinde and Sigewinne animations are out and let's just say I was largely persuaded to skip Arlecchino already and now I'm firmly skipping.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-d1pPzACR0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dimbreath/status/1783307439032729920

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

Oh gross it's yet another pyro that can't replace Xiangling or Bennett. :madmax:

Guess I'll wait and see what others think of Arle because she sounds like a waste of time. A lot of us hyperinvested in Hu Tao artifacts back when vape reigned supreme. There's no chance Arle is ever gonna compete. Is there anything useful Arle does that Hu Tao can't?
not be chained to vape

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oh, that burst is fantastic

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think I'm the weirdo that's most interested in Sethos. Love collecting archers with weirdo gimmicks.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

:yeah:

One pity here for sure. I didn't think her NAs would be this long range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If she heals every time her bubble bounces, that thing is active for like 14 seconds, that's a lot of healing. More than capable of working with Furina. Also I love healers who heal with their skill, healing the entire party is an even bigger bonus.

Clorinde's animations are...lacking. She's blessed with an absolutely gorgeous na and ca you have literally 0 reason to use despite her doing "normal attack damage" and her gun animation is incredibly boring and stiff. Gunkata it is not. One of the best bursts in the game though.

I have a guarantee so the question is how much do I want Arle's c2. I suppose I'll have to play with her to get a feel for that though, and I'm still on the hunt for golem parts. And Arle's own weekly mat. My glad set I have to tide me over isn't an award winner either. :shrug: