Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

So far Sumeru is just proving that Fischl and Yoimiya are the best part members. Also is it just me or are the occuli spread out way more? In Liyue I felt like I was constantly tripping over them all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sumeru has an entire second half that isnt out yet so itll be a lot bigger than liyue at the end of the day

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Traveller posted:

I found one but there wasn't any special dialogue aside from the tutorial prompt. I did see some sort of plant being that Paimon was alarmed about but it sounded like I was sequence breaking a little there.

I found another world quest with it first, and Tighnari had a line or two acknowledging that I'd already learned how to deal with them when i got back to the archon quest.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Ok the qiqi I can deal with. But when most of the 10 pulls are weapons and not collei or fischl it hurts me. Especially fischl. I just need one more con game. Just one more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What so you can loot the alts' co-op worlds? Keep in mind that they have to be the same world level as your main account....
Just pester some goons until you find one who hasn't rolled the new character and doesn't mind. Or wait 3 days to level cyno up... 2 whole loads of mats should be more than enough.
3 will just barely be enough - I have 58 in total right now and the only ones left (about 6) are quest-locked. I think you can join lower level worlds but not higher level worlds. I'd only use it for non-prefarmable specialties and up until 3.0 Ayaka was the only character who had this situation but now it's Tigh, Collei, Cyno, possibly Candace too.

It didnt matter as much for Ayaka as Tigh tho because quicken does not deal actual damage until 80+ and that's his comp.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 24, 2022

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wow the Withering Zones music is quite sinister, soundtrack overall is 10/10

frajaq fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 24, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yo are Tighnari(sp) and Collei actually good characters or what?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyoro posted:

Collei is a good support, though Dendro Traveler might actually be better, which is a first. Tighnari is...he's a single targeted focus Ganyu that doesn't provide anything supportive to the party. I don't have him but he has that one role and that's about it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Nobody has fully built Dendro teams yet, but they seem pretty capable.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tig and Collei are top 3 dendro characters

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
any data on new artifact domains and worthwhileness yet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

any data on new artifact domains and worthwhileness yet?

the dendro res shred artifact is basically mandatory for any team thats running a dendro dps (read: tighnari teams), but tighnari isnt the one that wants to run it, he wants it on a support. the em/atk one seems decent but tighnari wants wanderer's troupe more than it. might be yae's bis tho?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Holy moley that Sumeru archon quest was wild, and super long but for the first time I think in the game's history I didn't mind.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm still just wandering around randomly and finding stuff, haven't touched the story at all yet. Sumeru is rad.

Nyoro posted:

It's still really early but Tighnari seems to be capable of some pretty great Dendro damage, particularly in Quicken comps. Collei I have no idea about yet, haven't seen too much on her as of now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

collei has decent dendro application but despite all the hits of her bursts it only applies dendro a few times which means shes pretty outclassed by dendro mc. dendro mc's only real problem as a dendro applier is that their ult dies if it gets hit by pyro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if anyone wants to prefarm for cyno/nilou/candace, most of their stuff is available rn

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still just wandering around randomly and finding stuff, haven't touched the story at all yet. Sumeru is rad.

It's still really early but Tighnari seems to be capable of some pretty great Dendro damage, particularly in Quicken comps. Collei I have no idea about yet, haven't seen too much on her as of now.

I was just wandering around looking for statues, got lost and found the massive port town instead. Haven't even gotten to sumeru city, but I'm already real impressed at how big the whole place feels. And that's still just half of it.

I did free a ruin grader down by one of the huge robot statues, but the last seal was in one of those things that usually expands when you dendro it, and refused to open. Had to cheat and toss a baron bunny into it, which somehow worked (exploration spoiler, i guess?)

I rather like how much random crap I'm picking up, just parchments and what I assume are dead robot batteries. My only issue is that occasionally little random events pop up, but they aren't showing up on the map or giving me the prompt to track them, so I have no idea where they are meant to be. It's always vague poo poo, too, like "go kill some alligators." I cannot see any alligators, why are you doing this to me game?

Apparently you don't have to do much of anything for the event to get your collei, I should probably see about picking her up and then being annoyed that I can't level her up just yet because I'm missing something or another.

e. lol there's stamina flowers growing on this cliff face, like in the zelda with the birds. They'd probably be more welcome if the wall wasn't also covered in those neat grappling points.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Artifact recycling success :toot:

Yanfei, Fischl, and Yelan are all great for flying enemies like the new talent domain but I gotta hand it to Ayato for being my #1 anti-air.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zenostein posted:

I was just wandering around looking for statues, got lost and found the massive port town instead. Haven't even gotten to sumeru city, but I'm already real impressed at how big the whole place feels. And that's still just half of it.

I did free a ruin grader down by one of the huge robot statues, but the last seal was in one of those things that usually expands when you dendro it, and refused to open. Had to cheat and toss a baron bunny into it, which somehow worked (exploration spoiler, i guess?)

I rather like how much random crap I'm picking up, just parchments and what I assume are dead robot batteries. My only issue is that occasionally little random events pop up, but they aren't showing up on the map or giving me the prompt to track them, so I have no idea where they are meant to be. It's always vague poo poo, too, like "go kill some alligators." I cannot see any alligators, why are you doing this to me game?

Apparently you don't have to do much of anything for the event to get your collei, I should probably see about picking her up and then being annoyed that I can't level her up just yet because I'm missing something or another.

e. lol there's stamina flowers growing on this cliff face, like in the zelda with the birds. They'd probably be more welcome if the wall wasn't also covered in those neat grappling points.

If those are like the random events in other areas there should be a key bind to focus them as they appear, basically set whatever random quest you just triggered as the active one.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

awwwwww :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Apam Woods is one of the neatest location's I've ever seen in a game

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They nailed sumeru visually and the music is fantastic as always.

And the story so far hasn't been too wordy and thank god you aren't immediately locked in to a tiny area because the story demands it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Endorph posted:

might be yae's bis tho?

yeah it basically is lol, a lot of yae mains are having to refarm for her just bc of how nuts it is and the fact that her EM stuff in her kit is actually an upside instead of a weird addition now :v: Though I get the impression a lot of the team builder people aren't gonna bother redoing her section since she was so unpopular at the time

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MadHat posted:

If those are like the random events in other areas there should be a key bind to focus them as they appear, basically set whatever random quest you just triggered as the active one.

Yeah, I managed to stumble onto another one, and it just refuses. Mashing v just makes the marker for the main quest I've been ignoring flash at me.

At least this time the alligators were just around a corner.

Man, it's real hard to pull myself away from just milling around and doing stuff.

Do wish the dendroculus arrow things would stay still, though. Stupid mini dendro missiles take ages and they just go where (in space) your arrow landed, rather than on the thing you shot. Not very useful if you've hit something that moves, that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's so much easier to collect meat in sumeru I love it

we need a place like this with big, flightless birds that don't run away

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Well... I finally read the tooltip on the fungi. Switching to a freeze comp + Tighnari to avoid activating those almonds.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

the dendro res shred artifact is basically mandatory for any team thats running a dendro dps (read: tighnari teams), but tighnari isnt the one that wants to run it, he wants it on a support. the em/atk one seems decent but tighnari wants wanderer's troupe more than it. might be yae's bis tho?

Wait, he wants Wanderer and not that Dendro dmg +15% one?!

Well that's going to make gearing him so much easier!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

BORN TO LOOT
SUMERU IS GREAT
Kill Em All 2022
I am tabibito
410,757,864,530 DEAD MUSHROOMS

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

No Wave posted:

I'm a little ticked off because the thing that drops over and over and over isnt even useful. Tighnari's drop is fairly uncommon. It's nothing like spectre goo and handguards though ofc.
omg I am an idiot. When you use quicken or burning on mushrooms they drop the new powder. When you don't you get the old kind of powder (which is used for character ascensions/talents so you need a lot more of it). Making me bench keqing when I actually want to use her!!!!!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
*tosses 500,000 mora in coins while dramatically walking away*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Freeze teams once again winning

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is it just me, or do all three dendro characters have the same burst?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Genshin 3.0 : Ocarina of lime

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Every member of my default party got buffed and it's pretty great.

https://i.imgur.com/QBzaand.mp4

Not perfect but this was a big improvement to the mobility crew

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I still get stuck on some stuff but the qol improvement for those movement abilities is immense

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

Collei is a good support, though Dendro Traveler might actually be better, which is a first. Tighnari is...he's a single targeted focus Ganyu that doesn't provide anything supportive to the party. I don't have him but he has that one role and that's about it.

His only role is doing damage but there are a ton of other characters that fit that same description so it's pretty silly to write him off based on that.

The key to how good he is is: how much damage?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

omg I am an idiot. When you use quicken or burning on mushrooms they drop the new powder. When you don't you get the old kind of powder (which is used for character ascensions/talents so you need a lot more of it). Making me bench keqing when I actually want to use her!!!!!

You still get the standard powder even if you scorch (pyro) or activate (electro) them. It's just a lower chance than if you killed them without doing it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Valdent posted:

Ok the qiqi I can deal with. But when most of the 10 pulls are weapons and not collei or fischl it hurts me. Especially fischl. I just need one more con game. Just one more.

Took me 88 pulls to finally get my Zhongli this banner, on my 50/50. At least I got 3 Fischls though. You're right it really stings when you get 4 star weapons, especially one that's completely worthless on every character you have.

Hopefully I don't want any other units any time soon, because that took up the gems I had left from going through Monstad, Liyue and the summer event. Though I also got really lucky and got Itto and Gorou on his banner in 50 pulls.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 25, 2022

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

His only role is doing damage but there are a ton of other characters that fit that same description so it's pretty silly to write him off based on that.

The analysis I've seen is that his damage is really good in the 4s window where you swap to him, hit his skill, use your CAs, and then swap back. So you just need to mix him with other on field DPS who can work with that. He's not really like Yoimiya, Hu Tao, or Itto who have pretty long infusion windows. He's not even really like Ganyu I think, who can sit on field all day.

At C6 supposedly he becomes ridiculous and then you can field him all the time since his CAs are so quick. Not that 5* C6s are relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'd expand this to be "How much damage, and also what supports?" as that's generally what I ask if you want me to open my gem stash for a new carry. If you consume XQ you better be able to hit harder than Hu. If you take ZL you need to be able to hit harder than Hu and Xiao. If you hit hard and your ideal team is Lisa/Aloy/Qiqi for some reason then suddenly you're a lot more valuable.