Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Lol, Paimon sounds like she's from New Jersey in this cutscene.

e: HOW IS BEIDOU THIS COOL!? IT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO BE THIS COOL.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I get that the new abyss was probably designed to showcase Chiori but holy poo poo does it ever let Navia do some silly numbers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone give me a team to use to fight the Narwhal, I do not have: Kokomi, Chiori, Neuvillette, Baizhu, Nilou, Alhaitham, Wriothesley, Lyney, Xianyun, or Cyno.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
do you have decent gear / team support for either Navia or Tighnari? the whale either wants burst damage or the ability to constantly attack at range in my experience

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I use Navia/Yae Miko/Yelan/Zhongli vs it. It's been great, I can usually kill it without being swallowed even. Or at least get it to 25% before it swallows me.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Navia, and three other characters that in some way complement her ridiculous cannon.

I had a team entirely to support Ayato (Yun Jin, Bennett
And Kazuha) and for the whale I just subbed in Navia instead of Ayato (Kazuha doing essentially nothing) and all went fine.

Having some one who can do Pneuma/Ousia? to do massive damage on the second phase of the boss when it prompts you to use it is helpful.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 1, 2024

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The backup plan is to play something that can kill it in a single stun phase, sort of like the Scaramouche boss fight: if you're doing this you probably want Furina or some other Fontainian who can end the dubstep phase early.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

do you have decent gear / team support for either Navia or Tighnari? the whale either wants burst damage or the ability to constantly attack at range in my experience

Oh good, Navia. That works.

(I plan to eat some crit boosting food)

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Navia, and three other characters that in some way complement her ridiculous cannon.

I had a team entirely to support Ayato (Yun Jin, Bennett
And Kazuha) and for the whale I just subbed in Navia instead of Ayato (Kazuha doing essentially nothing) and all went fine.

Having some one who can do Pneuma/Ousia? to do massive damage on the second phase of the boss when it prompts you to use it is helpful.

I'm gonna try Navia/Yun Jin/ Bennet/ Mika :v:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I was beginning to have serious doubts about my decision to take a punt on the Chronicled Wish banner for Albedo, but I managed to scrape together enough for a 10-pull with the starglitter and abyss refresh and joy of joys, I finally got him! Trials and travails of a F2P player.

Already got Big Nev at C1, time to save for the Knave.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I was doing the reverse - spending fates just to get my 24th 34th starglitter. The Chronicled banner was giving me a decent amount, actually.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 2, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The big giant robots in Dragonspine are kinda bullshit, maybe I'm not using the right characters for them (mainly rolling with my main 4* FTP gang unless a challenge calls for me pulled characters) but they just seem to be massive HP sponges that take forever to kill even when I go for the big glowy weakpoints and the main part that makes them bullshit is whenever they got my characters stuck in a corner and I literally can't get away from them when they do the whirlpool tornado move of theirs and whatever character is there just auto-dies.

And despite giving me a platform in both engagements so far, this is one of the fights with a reliable anti-cheese mechanic and the fight resets and they get all their HP back if I stay out of their reach for more than 10 seconds. It's past whatever year this game came out Devs, let players cheese difficult fights! Its like half the reason people like open world games is breaking things. But no, in this case only the AI is allowed to cheese the player. :mad:

Amber died on me this second fight and then Noelle kept dying because of getting stuck in a corner, so wasn't able to try using Amber to go for the head after taking out its knees but from the front doesn't always still get to fire its eye beams in any case? I'm not sure if that's what I'm missing. My party is all level 40 so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
After you break a Ruin Grader's ankles, you have to bullseye the head while it's shooting the eye beam to stun it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
dragonspine is a MASSIVE difficulty spike and kind of just harder than most areas that come after it too so don't beat yourself up too much if you can't clear it out, no shame in coming back to it later either

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Glazius posted:

After you break a Ruin Grader's ankles, you have to bullseye the head while it's shooting the eye beam to stun it.

Jfc.

Tampa Bae posted:

dragonspine is a MASSIVE difficulty spike and kind of just harder than most areas that come after it too so don't beat yourself up too much if you can't clear it out, no shame in coming back to it later either

I can see! So far it isn't something I can't handle through the power of FreedomMondstadt Hashbrowns; it's just often very tedious and frustrating.

Especially all the Cryo enemies when I have only Amber or Xiangling for Pyro and both of their Elementals require setup, at least Xiang's ult is a little more flexible compared to Ambers Freedomairstrike which the enemy ALWAYS steps outside of. :argh:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ruin Machines are also somewhat mean to new players, since they're physical resistant and at low levels you're more dependent on physical damage.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Incoherence posted:

Ruin Machines are also somewhat mean to new players, since they're physical resistant and at low levels you're more dependent on physical damage.

That's what Xinyan and Navia are for.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, it's amusing to remember that for new players, the Ruin Machines are basically minibosses you have to treat almost like Zelda boss fights; dodging around and sniping weak points and poo poo. It why the Chi of Yore sidequest is so awful to stumble into for a new player because it locks out a few NPCs until you can successfully DPS race three of the drat things at once

Once you get your account built up enough, tho, you just facetank them like they're nothing and they die in like five seconds to your barrage of elemental reactions.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Remebering that one spot in Liyue with four at once that I’m pretty sure wouldn’t even cause me to blink these days.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
In one of the story quests with Childe he destroys a whole room of them in like 10 seconds or something. Kind of wish we could replay story quests so we could attempt that room at the current meta.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

librarerun posted:

Yeah, it's amusing to remember that for new players, the Ruin Machines are basically minibosses you have to treat almost like Zelda boss fights; dodging around and sniping weak points and poo poo. It why the Chi of Yore sidequest is so awful to stumble into for a new player because it locks out a few NPCs until you can successfully DPS race three of the drat things at once

Once you get your account built up enough, tho, you just facetank them like they're nothing and they die in like five seconds to your barrage of elemental reactions.

lol yeah, I only ended up beating that sidequest because I got help from some random player that I let join my world, and they crushed it for me in like ten seconds.

It is wild how much they've become cannon fodder for me, though. It used to be that I'd see a Ruin Grader guarding a chest and go "welp, guess I'm not getting that any time soon," but now I can handle two at once with no issues in SA.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Remebering that one spot in Liyue with four at once that I’m pretty sure wouldn’t even cause me to blink these days.

Same. Don't feel like there's been many spots like that anymore; the elite enemies you can encounter in Fontaine are about the closest they've done to that in a while

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Even long after the ruin machines stopped being an issue for me most of the time, I remember there being a plateau in Ekanomiya which had I think 2, maybe 3, probably guarding a chest, and if you got unlucky with timing they could take turns doing their spinning arm attack while you were trapped against a wall and stunlock even a reasonably good team to death, or if you didnt get trapped against a wall they could send you flying off the ledge which was annoying as hell. Had to bin my friendship exploration team and come back loaded for bear with that lot.

Raenir Salazar posted:

The big giant robots in Dragonspine are kinda bullshit, maybe I'm not using the right characters for them (mainly rolling with my main 4* FTP gang unless a challenge calls for me pulled characters) but they just seem to be massive HP sponges that take forever to kill even when I go for the big glowy weakpoints and the main part that makes them bullshit is whenever they got my characters stuck in a corner and I literally can't get away from them when they do the whirlpool tornado move of theirs and whatever character is there just auto-dies.

And despite giving me a platform in both engagements so far, this is one of the fights with a reliable anti-cheese mechanic and the fight resets and they get all their HP back if I stay out of their reach for more than 10 seconds. It's past whatever year this game came out Devs, let players cheese difficult fights! Its like half the reason people like open world games is breaking things. But no, in this case only the AI is allowed to cheese the player. :mad:

Just go explore somewhere else and come back when you have a better team and are higher level. I explored Dragonspine way earlier than I should have and I liked it way better after I gave up on it, did other stuff, and came back higher level and at least semi prepared. The cold mechanic can make even fairly easy combats really loving annoying, theres loving hundreds of ruin graders and guards, some incredibly tight timing on quest mandatory fights (the one on a timer around an underground lake with loving ice abyss mages is what finally made me accept that my team wasnt ready for Dragonspine yet).

I dont have a good way of knowing if your team is leveled enough to make it reasonable or not, but I will say if your best pyro is Amber you probably need a bit more time before trying to clear the mountain.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
An easy way for new players to deal with Ruin Machines and Dragonspine in general is using Amber or Bennett to set up Overload explosions for Lisa. Electro and pyro are pretty good in that place and also help when dealing with Cryo Lawachurls or Cryo shields.
Something like

Amber -> charged Shot to apply pyro
Lisa -> Attack, attack, tap skill button

will cause two overload explosions in quick succession because Amber has strong pyro application on her charged shots.
This can make most of the game before Inazuma pretty trivial and only really starts to fall off at Adventure Rank 40+.
Levelling up Lisa to something like level 40 or level 20 (depending on what ARl you might be at) and giving her one of the artifact sets that gives +80 EM as a 2set bonus (Instructor is a common early game set) can be pretty cheap. Her actual ATK or stats other than EM doen't matter as much, since it's all just level based reaction damage. Some of the early game catalyst weapons have EM on them too.

Having a decent Lisa also helps with the Oceanid, another boss that new players sometimes have trouble with.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ruin Graders are actually easier than Ruin Guards because they're not invincible in their pre-activated animation state, so they can be killed before they stand up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : already covered

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just adding another vote for waiting a while to do Dragonspine. I stalled out there and quit a long time ago, then came back and played a fair bit more and figured out how to build characters/pulled some better ones, and the combat was pretty trivial by the time I got back to it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I reinstalled just to throw rolls at dog boy before he disappears for another several years

I finally got him. Rejoice, for Inazuman mats are no longer my enemy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ruin guards/graders/etc are great for Hu Tao teams since she can't dash through them, and it's easy to dash cancel and get 10 full vaped hits (with C1)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I know its like a breath of the wild thing but I wish stamina didn't drain remotely as fast when running along paths/roads/ground. I get wanting to constrain players from exploring up and down mountains as the Crow Flies or swimming across oceans but I think there's a better compromise between that and having your stamina drain so quickly even with all of the 10 levels of the seven statues unlocked?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Raenir Salazar posted:

I know its like a breath of the wild thing but I wish stamina didn't drain remotely as fast when running along paths/roads/ground. I get wanting to constrain players from exploring up and down mountains as the Crow Flies or swimming across oceans but I think there's a better compromise between that and having your stamina drain so quickly even with all of the 10 levels of the seven statues unlocked?
A thing that's not immediately obvious: repeatedly tapping the dash button is faster and more stamina-efficient than holding it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiutJz3bAk

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Missed my first 50/50 in a Mihoyo game and got a Dehya constellation, which is particularly annoying because she's the only five star Standard banner character I have. One of these characters would probably be better for my account, but I think I'm saving my guarantee for Arlecchino now. At least I got some Xingqiu cons for my hyperbloom team.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 3, 2024

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’ve barely played since navia but i apparently put, like, 60 pulls on xianyun’s banner and got nothing. imagine my surprise putting in 10 pulls and getting a con for my neuvillette. sitting at c4 now, right next to wanderer

i may as well go to c6 but i won’t

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Went from none to c1 Neuvilette, took him for a spin in Abyss 12 with Furina/Zhongli/Kazuha, only improved from 33 to 34 stars

still lots of fun though, and i got an early diluc after that, so i'm sitting pretty on a guarantee for whatever I want in natlan

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Style and personal preference aside, in a vacuum, is Neuv still a better pickup than Arlecchino or how's she looking? I've got Kazuha already.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bagrada posted:

Style and personal preference aside, in a vacuum, is Neuv still a better pickup than Arlecchino or how's she looking? I've got Kazuha already.

Neuv is a very good carry, though C1 really lets him loose and eliminates the need for ZL so it may/may not be worth it to you. Cappuccino looks like she'll be really good, but the beta disclaimer still applies and her mechanics are weird. If you're on the fence you've got three weeks to decide how you want to gamble.

New characters I sleep on in general because they always want a new artifact set and in 6+ months when I've farmed it they'll be a known quantity and can be picked up in a rerun.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Have some gift codes. No primos just mora and other poo poo.

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=GGXG9VO6967I
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=HOFK9PBK481G
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=YKHC29118G54
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=CA3BLTURGH9D
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=OLQH7G62I7EU
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=BNYP6K5X4HIQ

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

bagrada posted:

Neuv is a super unique dps that is both a tank, healer, and massive aoe with an easy rotation.

I think the best case scenario for Arle in a playstyle is easier, faster Hu Tao.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Missed my first 50/50 in a Mihoyo game and got a Dehya constellation, which is particularly annoying because she's the only five star Standard banner character I have. One of these characters would probably be better for my account, but I think I'm saving my guarantee for Arlecchino now. At least I got some Xingqiu cons for my hyperbloom team.

Dehya cons are pretty good though. Like Dehya's base kit is bad but each con improves her and at c6 she is good. C2 mostly solves all of her issues even.

With the new abyss I decided to try and test my Chiori with Navia and...it was awkward and unfun honestly. Yae/Yelan/Zhongli felt so much better than Yae/Chiori/Charlotte or Kuki. It shaved a couple seconds off at best too. I was getting pretty dejected about being baited by Chiori with these results in a favorable abyss. However, there was one last thing I wanted to test.

Noelle/Chiori/Furina is a ball of murder that absolutely destroyed the abyss even with my Gorou being at 70 with an unleveled fav bow, and my Chiori's artifacts being really mediocre. Also Noelle was only at 80/80. I guess I'm a geo main now or something because that was awesome.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I did Itto/Chiori/Gorou/Zhongli this Spiral Abyss and it was just a straight up execution. Felt great to play. I do have Gorou C6 and Itto C1 though but the rotation felt great regardless of those factors.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh drat I didn't realize getting Neuv c1 would make his appearance permanently one degree more anime. You know how his hair and coattails glow and get longer the more draconic stacks he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Oh drat I didn't realize getting Neuv c1 would make his appearance permanently one degree more anime. You know how his hair and coattails glow and get longer the more draconic stacks he has.

Yeah he gets that appearance when he has all three stacks of draconic glory. It's just way easier to maintain that state with C1.