Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Finished Aranayaka quest without guides or spoilers (or so I believe), and like 80%+ exploration for the regions. Just a few questions for after all that:
1) I am at 45/46 Teleport locations unlocked. Every spot on the map is lit up, haven't done Tighnari's story quest. Is this expected right now or is there something I'm missing like doing 1+ of each domain?
2) Where are the rewards/treasure chests for bringing the Aranara back home (guessing I'm at ~40)? I'm missing one Vasmrti flower right now if that's relevant
3) Where does one reference the book of pictures for the mailbox? I definitely started the quest in some form but don't see ways to reference it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

1: The one I was missing was in one of the aranara mission caves, up north in the Chatrakam Caves area. The cave's under that big stone arch in the river, and there's little zip targets to take you up to the teleporter. The questline in that cave prods you to run straight forward and not go up there, which is how I ended up missing it.
2: Can't get there without doing all the pictures, it's behind the 10th. Also probably requires that seed from in the chasm, if you haven't gotten that. ↓
3: It's in the aranara book, the images are on their own tab.

Thanks! Found the last teleporter exactly where everyone said it would be.

Did not know the book existed and now have 6/10 pictures and can work to find the rest, which will lead me to finishing the rest of the book hopefully/maybe.

Thanks for all the super useful replies.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Voting for the Dendro may cry or

Genshing Impact 3.1: I will show you fear in a handful of starglitter

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So I have to complete the Archon Quest and the Nahida story quest in order to unlock the Boss for Nahida?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Is Heart of Depths still the best set for Childe or is the Echoes of an Offering from the Chasm a better set?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Totally just did the idiot move and threw a classic Taser team at the Dendro Cube. Time to abandon that run.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Plus I've lost count of the number of Hillichurl camps I've wiped out because I was gliding by and noticed that they had a treasure chest

It's at least a number less than your cumulative treasure chests opened, which you can count in your achievements tabs.

Absolutely agree that painting Treasure Hoarders as anything different from what we're doing (I guess success is the only differentiator) is nutso.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Just went through Nilou's story quest. The way to make it entertaining is to assume the theater company is a Burlesque troupe and the Akademiya is trying to impose morality laws to stomp out what they consider obscenity.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

The interesting thing about her story quest is that they were apparently so afraid of giving playable characters actual story arcs that they introduce another bland girl just so they could tell a story about something, anything.

It sucks because the Summer Isles stuff about Fischl/Amy is like the first time we've learned of a character's motivations that were interesting and not part of the initial blurb we get from the character. Every other storyline for every other character is just a reinforcement of their one paragraph introduction.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

We'll see who gets the last laugh. I put all my saving into YaeCoin, and the market's gonna rebound any day now. Just you wait.

The only coin backed by the Light Novel Industry!

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Traveller posted:

Look, Childe is "Nobile" in Spanish, I have no idea where they get some of their stuff.

But also this Layla mushroom event was "the Champiñons League" and sometimes they're alright

All of the Harbingers are named after the stable of characters in Commedia Dell'Arte (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commedia_dell%27arte#Characters)

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

ssmagus posted:

Mailer refuses to use any character who looks under the age of 18.

So all-Geo and assume Albedo looks over 18?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Nyaawn posted:

Playable timmie when

When everyone stops scaring the birds away. And don't even talk about the people that kill the birds.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Wait, people don't pronounce Eula as "oo-lah?

We really need a dedicated phys support though, for the few existing phys deepsers and the eventual Phys Catalyst (unknown goddess).

I would guess they pronounce it "ewe-lah"

I think Physical would have to be retooled to have interesting interactions with elements (Physical + Electro = Grounding, etc) to elicit anyone being excited about physical damage.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Just did the Sumeru festival archon quest. Had no clue what was about to happen, that was a pretty cool, memorable quest especially when it comes to other archon quests.

Speaking of which, let’s wrack my brain and try and remember what happened in the archon quests to see what stuck with me:

Mondstadt: Uhhhh, Venti semi fucks around semi helps you as you steal a lute and go fight a dragon. Diluc is introduced as the upper bound for edgy characters, to the point of parody. Amber basically acts as the tutorial guide. Signora just walks up and take Venti’s Macguffin. Venti’s approach of “when you do everything right, people will think you’ve done nothing at all” but actually doing nothing but partying apparently isn’t a great approach. The Fatui are known by every single person to be malicious, and actively pursuing plots with mass loss of life, but everyone lets them get on with it.

Liyue: Rex Lapis appears, immediately dies. Actually isn’t dead. We go see the adepti for some reason. We go see Ninguang for some reason. We go look at a crossbow for some reason. We fight a city sized water hydra god using everything I just mentioned so there was probably a link somewhere. Zhongli says “just as planned” when referring to the potential devastation of one of the biggest cities in the world. Zhongli is actually a worse god than Venti for this, despite the bar being very low. Childe, despite being responsible for the evil plot, is in no way punished and apparently still hangs around Liyue now and again. I rebuilt the Jade Palace about one day after it was destroyed, I’m guessing the ability to do that wasn’t immediately available on release.

Inazuma: You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get here and then you can’t even leave the first island.. The electro archon immediately beats the two previous gods to the punch at being the worst god by actively destroying her own country. A big rebellion, represented by about ten people fighting, happens. My least favourite quest in the game (dodge Raiden’s attacks) blocks progress for a bit. Honestly not recalling a lot between “Shogun tries to kill you on sight” and “You fight Signora”. Yae Miko is very smug and gives a “I could have fixed everything if I’d really tried” vibe. I guess as per normal the Fatui are behind everything. Signora dies. The nation is reopened and everything is back to normal. Everyone who died in the rebellion, and the awful conditions under the Shogun’s rule, is quietly swept under a rug so festivals and events can be held.

Sumeru; Only partially through but Nahida immediately moves into S-tier archon by “occasionally doing small things for people when she can summon the power”, the absolute pinnacle of positive divine intervention shown so far.

"This is Teyvat, gentlemen. The gods will not save you."

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Finally got to AR 60 and just before that 36 star'd Spiral Abyss. Missed the 50/50 on Yelan,

Guess it's time to play Character Story Quests.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm hoping for a huge cityscape for one of these environments. like just give me a region-sized Monstadt or Liyue Harbor (with a little more variety in terms of districts and architecture, of course)

Isn't Liyue Harbor canonically supposed to be the largest city on the continent? I'm sure that won't be strictly respected but I doubt it means a city-based megaregion.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

If you do the Althaitham (sp?) story quest and defeat the bad guy but don't talk to all the people after and say log out because you just went through 10 minutes of talking and don't want to go through another 10 minutes of talking, you have to do the whole domain again.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Man this Windblume Event really starts with all the worst characters from a narrative standpoint to get you excited.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Nice, got another Faruzan from the standard banner. Just need one more to get her great C6. C5 was also nice since it buffs her burst.

I got a C0 Faruzan from the standard banner. Is there any role she plays better than Kazuha, Venti, C6 Sucrose, or Jean?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

No Wave posted:

She could have been a zhongli replacement in the Gorou Albedo Itto Zhongli team because Zhongli really doesnt add much besides activating the geo resonance condition. But it would have kind of ruined the all-male aesthetic.

I don't have Itto so I don't know this, but why isn't Ningguang part of the team then? Just ruins the boys-only vibes?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Ninguang was one of the first non default characters I got, I still think she’s cool. 🥹

Ningguang was my first C6 and will always have a soft spot in my heart for me.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

For the people running Double Hyperbloom in Abyss, what does your non-Nahida team look like?

I've tried DMC, Collei, Raiden, and Kokomi and it feels super awkward when you're not in one of the Dendro character's bursts.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

Ascended to AR50, slightly more dofficult but still doable. Haven’t tried hypostasis yet, but I don’t foresee major issues.

An important thing is after you have ascended you can always choose a lower world level, so there is not a permanent penalty for ascending if you consider anything too hard.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Dehya in this event: I could tell something was up with the Mercenaries, they were working for Rich People.

My dude you work for a rich girl.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

For me I used a lot of wishes on the previous banner because I was excited about the 4*'s Constellations (mainly Kuki) on that one and did not mind at all when I won the 50/50 for Nilou since she's got interesting gameplay.

So I'm happy to roll a bit for Baizhu but definitely spent a lot of my roll on the previous banner. Nice to get Kaveh

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

The nice thing about owning Kazuha is when there's a new event out that wants you to platform in a weird way you've never done before, 40% of the time you can just jump around with Kazuha instead of having to learn what you actually need to do.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

The nice thing about owning Kazuha is when there's a new event out that wants you to platform in a weird way you've never done before, 40% of the time you can just jump around with Kazuha instead of having to learn what you actually need to do.

Cat got on Keyboard and made reply.

I guess for content I'm rooting more and more for Khenriah and their scientists instead of the power of friendship and magic side.

Maxwells Demon fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 15, 2023

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

delfin posted:

So the short answer is "an up-close glass cannon who's not for me," then. That's why Jean is my main -- because she can take a punch and trade shots and heal up while doing so. Also, I'm fuzzy on "off field damage dealers" unless you're talking about guys like Xingqiu who can trigger a Burst and let others do the hitting... but who has to be on the field himself to build energy and do it more than once in a while.

That's exactly what everyone means. The goal is to make your on-screen character do as much damage as possible, and the easiest way to do it is for the other three characters to put down a turret or have water blades or have a circle that boosts attack. Being able to swap through characters fast is very common in the endgame.

For Sucrose, having Xinqiu and Fischl and Beidou is a popular team back in 1.x and 2.x (called Taser) that just kept Electrocharged going over and over again. It's all 4 stars and you can swap out pretty much any character for another if you want but Sucrose makes it pretty spicy with both Xinqiu's and Beidou's burst active, since those reduce damage and increase poise and do a little healing now and then too.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Man I'm sick of hunting specters. Why couldn't inazuma have a special enemy with decent droprates and availability?

Or do I just somehow not have the one character who uses whatever the various ruin-things drop?

Well, at least I can put off figuring out what to give boxcat for however many weeks I've got left until a space opens up in my friendship team, although that still means hunting down specters for shinobu. Shame she's kinda awful for aggrevate, would make dailies go faster that way.

e: Does the 3 element baptist guy work like a lector, where you need the "right" element to bust his shields, or will any reaction work? I managed to murder him with the power of nilou, but it took a while with nothing to sort out the ice and water bits.

Ironically, my most convenient specter farming place is in Sumeru, south of the Aranara village and right at the base of a waterfall.

The Inazuma character with decent drop rates are the Ruin Machines, sorry.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also old player hydro thirst

hydro is just really good

I think I'm good on Hydro characters now that I have Ayato, Childe, Kokomi, Yelan, and Mona as 5-stars (and Xinqiu as honorable mention).

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I'm glad Traveller finally got to drink booze.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I remember them fixing that so it will now count you killing bosses when Battle Pass comes up later this week.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I wonder if Lessig Lawrence is a subtle dig at political dork Lawrence Lessig, known best for having the smallest possible glasses and multiple failed presidential runs no one took seriously.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

You have 2 Spiral Abyss teams and each one usually wants 1-2 Hydro characters. Just because one Hydro character is better at something doesn't mean there isn't a place for the one being replaced.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Maybe I'm doing Hyperbloom wrong but having Kokomi + Nahida + (Kuki/Raiden) + 2nd Hydro Character means I set up everything, then burst Kokomi and hit attack a bunch and people just die.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Just made him Don_Sombrero like we're playing Quake 2.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

One is enough, thank you.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Well discovered the Mer-people and holy cow that quest does not want to let you skip non-voice actor dialogue. New Aranara storyline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

It's interesting that the local political leader's confidant/lieutenant is a lady Electro vision holder for every nation except Sumeru.