Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I stopped playing shortly after the first map expansion and am potentially interested in coming back because the objectively best element is finally going to be playable. Is this a good idea? How is the Inazuma story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I see. Good to know.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Several hours behind but I have just obtained a house via helping out a Hot Anime Lawyer and I cannot believe I just now learned there's housing in this game now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I forgot how this game worked. I just got to Inazuma and spent way too long just wandering around looking for things. Halp.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah teapot is annoyingly co-op only, so you can't, like, check to see where quests are while inside it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well at least I have maxed out my Fish. No Collei yet, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You can build him in a bunch of ways. Most people just stack health for shieldbotting, yes.

I think using his burst is generally a DPS loss due to the animation, so you only actually want to use it if you have his second constellation or if you need the CC or invincibility frames.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Currently have 0 purple xp books, where did they all go

Who took my books

On many an occasion I think to myself 'man I have so many books/mora/items I don't think I'll have to farm them again for a while' and then I level up one person/weapon/artifact and they're gone.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one Collei and therefore will now be saving my gems.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Harrow posted:

Isn't it usually the case that the Traveler's elemental kits are like diet versions of the Archons? If so then it seems like Nahida will definitely be a great off-field Dendro applicator

I'm not sure how 'stomps ground to create ridges of earth' is a diet version of 'giant petrifying meteor'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paimon is my friend and that is why everyone must make fun of her.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Collei is great and I will force her to be viable through sheer force of favoritism.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

valuum posted:

On account of being naiive and hopeful I've been saving the bad fate things. How soon after the banner are new characters released into the wild?

Might be all the hours of aranara brainwashing (I enjoyed it all!) I've gone through the past week, chuckled too much at this.

Tighnari will be released to the non-event banner next patch, but that isn't a normal occurrence, and it's just so that you can get a 5 star of all elements from Wanderlust Invocation. 4 stars usually are, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Harrow posted:

Notably there's still no Geo 5* on the Wanderlust Invocation. I wonder if there ever will be. It can't be any of the Geo characters released so far so it'd have to be a new one.

Huh, I'll be damned. Could have sworn Albedo was on there...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God I forgot Fontaine was French and now I am excited for circus justice town now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also like Geo MC is so annoying to deal with. Giant spheres of rock are hard to fight around.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Now the question becomes obtain goat lady that i quit over not getting or get jellyfish lady that almost brought me back...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one (1) goat, and now have to desperately hope I get enough gems to obtain a jellyfish (I will not).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still used to old Barbara.

Honestly I like most of the English cast. I think Paimon provides a nice balance between sweet and annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just finished up Inazuma and, yeah, whoever said it was rushed is very very right.

Also that last boss was painful with my team. Two easily broken geo constructs and a electro character that does nothing. Rude.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kale posted:

Did you actually finish Inazuma or just the archon quest part III cause the storyline sort of continues in the character quests that unlock after that. Specifically Raiden's and Kokomis. Theres lots of stuff in the various island's and Enkanomiya that continue the Inazuma arc roughly through patch 2.5 culminating in Raiden Shoguns second character quest. If you did all that though I dont know what to say really your basically done then.

On one hand, no, I did not do all of that, so that's fair.

On the other hand I didn't need to do all of that for Mondstadt or Liyue so that still seems weird as hell.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Speaking of which, really annoyed that I have to do a bunch of 'world quests' in order to unlock the Chasm to get to where my next archon quest is. And even more annoyed I had to look that up because the game itself certainly wasn't telling me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have gotten two quests into Sumeru and I have decided my goal in this game is to obtain a maxed out Collei.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have caught up with the Archon quests and would like Nahida now please.

For a more serious review: That chapter 2 plot is exactly the sort of poo poo I like without any of the annoying repetition that frequently happens in stories like that. I am getting the feeling that Mihoyo are regretting their decision to make the MC a silent protagonist given they are straight up giving them dialogue 'choices' that aren't really choices and people react as if you said them all, but that's a common problem. Still, was fun.

In conclusion, I am going to whale for Nahida.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 13, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

They already have some voiced lines here and there. The logic matrix thing in the latest archon quest was also fully voice acted for the MC.

Edit: Honestly, it's probably at least in part a budget thing because they'd have to pay for twice as much voice acting.

Yeah, I like the idea of 'normally silent MC has some voice lines to show when things are Super Important', but they keep having the Traveller talk without dialogue and it is annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paimon is my friend and this is why I must dunk upon her.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nyoro posted:

Wait there's an old Paimon and a new Paimon? Which ones eviler?

It is the same Paimon, the voice direction just audibly changed at some point.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do enjoy cooler Xinyan I just wish she was visibly muscular.

But that's a problem I have with like half the cast so.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I get basic artifacts (on set with decent enough mainstats) and then level talents after that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one Mona from bad Fates and I am tempted to build her now because I am easily distracted by new units even though I just got Ganyu and she isn't built yet. Suffering from Gacha success.

When did Mona get a new outfit and why do I have it? It is much better and I like it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlackPersona posted:

Theory is that someone in the CCP took a look at some of the characters and demanded censorship for them. Same thing happened to Rosaria, Jean, and Amber.

Huh. Strange that those are problems but not, like. Any of the other five million scantily clan people in this game.

Oh well cool new outfits.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Because white numbers are boooooring

I play Geo which, for all intents and purposes, is physical damage. It's not that boring.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just now starting to do the Fayz Trials and oh god ew, I can't believe I have to play these 4* characters on 0 constellations again, oh god it hurts so much.

I mean you don't really, your magic camera is functionally various flavors of one shotting the entire wave.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like this art.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained a Kokomi mere 34 rolls after Ganyu, and have therefore spent my luck for the year. I have made peace with the fact I will need to hit hard pity twice for Nahida.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tree Reformat posted:

Conversely, I have burned a hundred pulls on this Kokomi Banner with nothing to show for it but Jean and C6 Sucrose. :confuoot:

i think my dreams of kokomi/nahida dendro soup are just not meant to be

EDIT: In other news, I find myself in the odd position of desperately grinding artifacts because I'm about to hit the arti inventory cap and all my currently good artifacts are already maxed. This is a very weird position to be in, Good news, I thinking being AR50 means I can safely liquidate my hundreds of 3* artis now! :shepface:

The gacha giveth and the gacha taketh away.

And yeah cannot relate I am at the point where I'm running artifact domains for random trash 1-4 stars to exp.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Time for the only real resource: Shoving a bunch of characters you like in one team and figuring out how they synergize.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Solve all your 'things are hitting me' problems by using Zhongli.

Stare opponents in the face as they attack you and charge up a counter attack into their skulls. It's fun!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You're guaranteed to get a Barbara eventually, so you'll have an actual healer.

If you get Kokomi, all you need is the guaranteed Xiangling to get one of the dumbest and best gimmicky teams in the game! (Note, 'best' is entirely based around me liking pokemon and not at all based on how they actually function. Sukokomon is hard and probably not worth it unless you like throwing jellyfish/chili eating pandas/butler ravens and SCIENCE at things.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Noelle hurts things to heal you, which is nice (even though that's basically how every healer works, unless they only heal via burst). What's not nice is that it takes a constellation or something to make that heal guaranteed, and even then that requires burst and skill up I think? been a while since I read the thing

Yes, you need C1 Noelle to guarantee Breastplate's heal and that requires Sweeping Time to be up.

And technically neither Shinobu nor Barbara need to hurt things to heal you.