Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yo what the gently caress I got one of those youtube thumbnail pulls.
What's up brother from another mother. Must be new version luck bonus in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That is identical to my "The A Team" for most weekly bosses and I think I only ever got hit by the big arm sword the first time I fought her and didn't know any of the mechanics. It's pretty easy to break the orb with any elemental attacks.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Dendro needs a character with consistent off-field application on their elemental skill instead of just their burst. Hopefully the archon will at least fulfil that role.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Imagine if you could not only select the piece you want, but also the mainstat, and it would just tell you "choose 45 (or however many) 5* artifacts to sacrifice to celestia to obtain your desired reward". Artifacts are almost as annoying as talent materials only dropping in pathetic quantities.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kale posted:

Anyway Dori's character trailer came out today, but I'm going to share the Japanese one cause it's just particularly special how this VA has decided to do the character still.
That's a weird direction, it's like the VA can't decide whether to use a kid voice or the generic anime "lolibaba" voice or something in between. Hopefully the ingame character lines are a bit more consistent in either direction, cause it was jarring hearing it jump back and forth constantly in the trailer.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They're pretty clearly terrified about potentially releasing an early-game-4*-powerlevel character for the new element by accident.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Welcome aboard. Main DPS typically means they'll be spending most of their time onfield applying said dps. Subdps or burst support typically means they swap in, blow their load quickly, then they swap back out for another character (like the main DPS).

None of this matters, practically speaking, until around ar 30 or so when elemental combos start being important, but you can't really go wrong leveling him up since he is legitimately one of the best supports in the game.

Be sure to drop into the discord, there's fairly constant discussion and help available there.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Can you pick up bloom bombs with Jean and throw them like grenades?

Sadly, no. She can pick them up, but not launch them,
https://i.imgur.com/z7J6nsz.mp4

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Please remember to use old.reddit whenever you need to link to the site, current/default reddit layout is trash and inferior in every way that matters for content consumption.

Not quite that well stocked, but I'm also well along the path of madness in leveling all characters to 90 8/8/8 -_-

It's dumb that the conversion option only lets you do same-boss-different-material. Simply allowing conversion to a random material from a different boss (kind of like artifact strongboxing but 1:1 instead of 5:1) would be a better experience for newer players who may not have access to certain weekly bosses yet but just pulled a shiny new character, as well as old players who have tons of old drops that will never be used.

Likewise for talent books and weapon materials. Just let us farm the domains we want to farm and spend some dust/glitter to enable conversion between all of them, even if you limit them to the same region (which I don't like the idea of).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Excelzior posted:

anniversary is 1600 primos, 4 Resin, 10 wishes, crystal top-up 2X bonus reset, and 2 free gadgets (a confetti pop and a little bird companion)

Pubbie shitters gonna shitpost about that on social media relentlessly, but I'd rather have another amazing free concert instead of a pittance of ingame rewards anyway, unless it would be something like an anniversary-exclusive character or weapon for collector epeen purposes.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Leathal posted:

Ok thanks, I think I get it now. So you don’t get 5 star weapons off the event banners and that’s how you can guarantee getting a specific character?

There are two kinds of event banners (these are banners with countdowns on them), character and weapon. The character event banner CANNOT drop 5* weapons, and likewise the weapon event banner CANNOT drop 5* characters. 4* and 5* pity within each of these two types of banners is also separate. The non-event banner (standard) can drop both 5* characters and weapons, and has its own pity counters separate from event banners.

Each event banner has featured characters or weapons. If you want a specific 5* character (that's not on standard banner - just look it up first), wait until it's on an event banner and start burning those pulls. This is where the 50/50 and softpity become important.

TL;DR if you want 5* characters, pull on character banner(s), if you want 5* weapons, pull on the weapon banner. Don't spend any primos on bluefates for the standard banner, just buy out the stardust shop each month when it resets and spend the trickle of bluefates you get from battlepass/ar/character leveling freely.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

As much as I love and constantly use Sucrose in most of my teams, Venti's succ/cc is objectively better than hers for anything it can still grab.

Edit
That sprint onto the boost pad causing an angled longjump was stylish as gently caress. Punchwizard is hella fun.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It still bugs me that traveler doesn't have the ability to use every weapon. That would offset their talents being fairly lackluster at least. Maybe we'll get that as an upgrade after the final region (celestia) drop several years from now. One can hope at least.

FractalSandwich posted:

That would be fine. I've never heard her play a villain before,
Arguably, in the setting of Youjo Senki, Tanya is a villain in terms of being a powerful and influential character associated with the "bad guys". We just experience the story from her perspective, so we're less inclined to see her that way. The movie was great, incidentally. Looking forward to the next season.

Excelzior posted:

also high five to the fellow picked-Aether-and-kind-of-regret-it crew :smith:
My excuse here is that for whatever reason, back when I watched the intro cutscene and knew absolutely nothing about the game or genre, Aether looked more like a melee character and Lumine like a caster. Melee is almost always stronger early game, so that seemed like an obvious choice. By the time I realized otherwise, I already had multiple 5* characters and there was no way in hell I was going to reroll.

At least void princess Lumine is neat as a potential future antagonist.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 21, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lost Prayer works great on Heizou because you want him onfield applying DPS for a pretty decent length of time.

Also on Klee since she really likes the movment speed, and you're losing damage if you swap out during her burst which is like 10 seconds + startup animation.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Elentor posted:

This game is so lightweight, I've never seen a game run so smooth at 120 FPS and 1.5x Render Scale. This is the lightest game I've played and it's so good to play something that isn't flickering and has smooth graphics.

forbidden dialectics posted:

How are you running at 120 FPS?

Yes, please share. I would kill for 120/144hz on PC.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Elentor posted:

I'm using this:
https://github.com/34736384/genshin-fps-unlock/releases/tag/v2.0.0
Recommend you compile yourself, and some people are afraid they might be banned because of it so use it at your own risk.

Welp, thanks anyway. Spent a bit too much to be comfortable with the chance of a dumb ban for 3rd party software use (same reason I don't run reshade on genshin). Guess I'll just have to keep demanding not-poo poo framerate options in the surveys...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Genshin Impact 3.1 - I bought 99 pulls and got Qiqi'd in 1

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters.

Suffering through the artifact lottery being an almost-guaranteed-waste-of-effort is way more soul crushing than just adding up the resin it takes to level a character and talents.

Number get a bit bigger for sure is worth more than number might get more bigger, but very likely not.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Where were you able to get the pretty screenshot with all your characters and their constellations?
What RPATDO_LAMD posted, and I popped open the browser devtools and manually changed the stupid unnecessary padding to fit more characters per row for a nice pretty screenshot as well.

Harrow posted:

C6 Kaeya :stare:

gandlethorpe posted:

C6 Lisa too.
Buying them from the glittershop every time they've been available and decent luck on standard banner with freepulls and ascensionpulls. Been playing since the first Klee banner, so I think I missed one, maybe two shop rotations?

FractalSandwich posted:

I do foresee a level 90 Heizou and Fischl in my near future, at least.
Sucrose and Heizou are worth taking to 90 imo, as swirl scaling massively benefits from the last handful of levels. Bennett as well since his buff only scales off base ATK. The rest are situational/preference, though fishl and xingqiu and xiangling are all good options since they're some of the strongest characters in the game, despite being 4stars.

I'd recommend only grinding artifacts until you have the correct mainstat on the correct set(s) you want, then level up your characters and talents to 80/?/8/8, then you can either keep going with the characters you really like/benefit more from the final ascension, or switch back to artifacts to try and get usable substats too.

I hate artifact grinding even more than talent and weapon material grinding, so I've been more focused on character levels, though sumeru dropping put a bit of a dent in that as I've been spending most of my resin on the new bosses and artifact domain to try and get something usable for the newshiny dendro characters :P

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anora posted:

not a fan of the fact that the first message you get back from CS when reporting a bug is "Are you sure you don't suck rear end at puzzles"
Having worked business software CS in a previous life, this is almost always the correct answer whenever anyone reports anything. I can only imagine that's doubly so in gaming, especially the cesspit that is mobile gaming. It's neat they're even remotely allowed to insinuate something like that instead of a bland-and-inoffensive-as-possible-template response.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Even if you can't quickswap a whole team, it would be super neat and thematically appropriate and potentially very useful if the traveler was always available as a quickswap with the slot 1 character.

Could certainly make regional elemental puzzles less of a pain in the rear end if you don't want to constantly switch out characters from your friendship-grinding team.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'm still utterly appalled that they wasted Aoi Yuuki's voice on an almost completely non-speaking character. Just, why?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

They're playing the long game. Once the Traveller gets her story-related powerup that makes her into the best unit in the game, she'll be a mainstay on every team and you'll be hearing her combat barks all the time.

Sure but consider:
Aoi Yuuki and Paimon back and forth banter in every cutscene so far, compared to Paimon's solo dialog.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The overall internet-wide opinion of Kokomi may have been negative during her initial release due to nobody understanding the clam set and the whole negative crit thing, but she's received fairly high consistent praise ever since people became slightly less retarded and figured out how to build her. My only real complaint is that her stupid jellyfish respawn mechanic works objectively worse than a 4* off-field turret support, Fishl.

Actually Kokomi was kind of similar to the initial launch of Kazuha who was widely mocked as a "Sucrose sidegrade". And look how that turned out.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They give you access to 6 non-guaranteed characters for the event, and you get 7(8?) guaranteed characters in your roster just by playing the game. That's 13(14?) total characters for someone who's only ever pulled on the newbie banner and started playing after the last "get a 4* free" event.

6 teams of 2 characters is just under that number, which is likely why they went with that instead of larger teams. Sure they could drop it down to 4x teams of 3 instead, but then you lose the opportunity to make people experience field time with less common characters they might find out they enjoy after all.

So I see why they did it this way, even though I'd prefer teams of 3 and slightly slower swapping.

My main problem is that despite having most characters available, the only decent artifacts are on my main 3 groups and the current friendship grind group, so later teams on the event list are rather weak/ineffective.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Buying welkin and logging in every day is effectively the best "fates on sale" ratio we're ever going to get. Even counting the yearly "first-time purchase bonus" reset.

Foods of different categories can exist simultaneously - ie 1 offense, 1 defense & 1 utility. Potions just get 1 slot, you have to choose between offense or defense.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Having all of the 4* characters in a new banner at C6 already, and then losing the 50/50 (to batman who I don't even use) at relatively high pity feels super bad.

It would be really nice if they tracked your total constellations (over c6) and increased the glitter you get from pulling another by 1 per extra constellation. So a C7 pull gives you the current 5, then a C8 pull would give you 6, C9 would give you 7, etc etc. Put those double-digit-constellation 4* characters to use so you're not just pissing fates into the wind.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

A token shop type of thing could work too. TBH I'm not certain why they don't have standard 5*s in the glittershop for like ~250 yet.

Lobsterpillar posted:

You're missing the simple answer and that is just remove dupes from the pool of possible pulls
In a perfect world there wouldn't even be gacha in the game. You'd unlock characters (at least their base models) by completing their storyline quests and maybe farming their ascension boss for a while, then any sort of cash shop could be constellations, outfits/skins, drop boosters, etc. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and we're stuck with the gacha.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

mikemil828 posted:

In other news, apparently Xiao now promotes witchcraft or something? I don’t get what gets folks riled up these days…
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna52715
It's just another "pokemon is the devil!!1" panic. I actually expected to see Xiao the character on the mural, but it turned out to be only the mask, which is pretty much a generic eastern demon/devil mask.

It also had the geo symbol, bennett's burst icon, and a crystalfly. Didn't notice any other genshin stuff though, aside from maaaaybe hutao's ghost toward the top center. Cute mural, ignoring all the political bullshit and the terrifying giant syringes full of ink and/or oil.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I can't believe someone made that chart and decided to share it what the gently caress
Welcome to the internet. First day?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They've already set the stage with childe and raiden and to a certain extent nilou (conditional skill outcome), all they need to do now is fully embrace the weapon summoning gimmick. Elemental skill use generates a low-duration shield and activates the weapon swap minigame. There are two charges that must be built up for the skill to proc.

E x2 = Greathammer
E x1 Attack x1 = Gauntlets
Attack x2 = Rifle
(these are the fatui weapons, yes)

Activating burst does the special attack asociated with that weapon, adds a fat chunk of damage, and infuses the weapon with its respective element for something like 5 seconds. Hammer = electro, gauntlets = anemo, rifle = pyro.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah at high WLs it sucks to pull a new character you haven't preplanned/prefarmed for if you want to actually use that character. You have to take them to ~ 70 or 80 and bump at least their primary talent to ~ 7 or 8 so they're not an active detriment to your team. And that's not even counting their specific needed artifact set with weird mainstats (er, em, hp) like have been needed lately, which you're not likely to have prefamred because weird mainstat.

At the very least we need the option to burn azoth dust to convert all material/resource types, not just the stupid gems. While we're at it, let me convert ANY boss mat to ANY OTHER boss mat. MHY plz.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Clarste posted:

Pyro Fischl?!
Oh god yes please.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All of Yae's skills have fantastic VFX and I personally love using her charged normal attacks which even chunk for a decent amount. Can't imagine skipping her unless you dislike electro as an element or are saving absolutely everything to C6R5 a specific future unit.

Edit
Honestly the only real improvement I can think of would be resetting the timer on all active totems when she spawns another one, instead of each having its own lifespan.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 27, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Also we're getting a severely nerfed Nahida after all the Beta work, just FYI.

Have you seen her teaser? The changes (nerfs) make perfect sense in that context.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's possible to do invulnerability phases "right" by making them a skillcheck like "hit the glowing spot with a ranged character" to trigger immediate vulnerability instead of having to wait through a full cycle, or just making it highly resistant instead of truly invulnerable where you can simply burn it down through the phase with a suitably jacked team/character.

It's also possible (far more commonly) to do invuln phases "wrong" by making them unskippable, deliberately dragging them out, or letting them trigger randomly, even multiple times in quick succession. I depise the signora weekly fight because the bitch loves chaining her "teehee I'm butterflies now" teleport multiple times in a row in the final phase without even pausing for a second or two to let me actually apply any DPS. Extraordinarily frustrating fight almost every time. Not hard, just annoying.

Hope dendrocube isn't too gimmicky.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Do we know yet if Nahida's C1 basically gives her "always counts as having minimum 1 pyro, 1 hydro, 1 electro in party" or if it requires one of those elements to be present before ADDING an effective +1?

This will likely determine if I hate my life enough to go for constellations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Candace, Nilou and Nahida massively derailed my master plan to squeeze every "free" ascension fate out of the entire roster. On the plus side, all I need to finish off Nahida is a weekly boss material -_- and trickle of artifact XP from that same boss. MHY pls

BabyRyoga posted:

Why would I ever focus on leveling units when I can throw 6 weeks of resin directly into the shitter trying to get one usable artifact piece?
I feel that pain/rage on a visceral level. Typically fall back to leveling characters/talents for a week when I get to the point of wanting to break my keyboard over artifact RNG. Small guaranteed improvement > medium non-guaranteed improvement.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That is incredibly cursed, but I dig the super long hair that results from keeping the head full-sized.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Boat Stuck posted:

Does Nahida Q not give resistance to interruption?
No, just her hold-E.

Nahida's Excellent Adventure

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yae is good. That said, I wish holding E on her would channel for 1sec then pop out a single mega turret that counted as all three for the purposes of attacks/sec and her burst. It's particularly annoying that the little dash to drop each one doesn't have iframes when it 110% should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Nyoro posted:

hu tao has a fedora now
Please tell me this is a skin I can throw money at MHY for.