Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hellioning posted:

I stopped playing shortly after the first map expansion and am potentially interested in coming back because the objectively best element is finally going to be playable. Is this a good idea? How is the Inazuma story?
inazuma has some fun stuff in it but the sidequests and events were a bit wordy, however there's a ton of content there and you can take it all at your own pace to fill out time between updates for sumeru, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi theyre giving 50 primos for the survey instead of a tiny amount of mora so be sure to do that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh thank god they made the furniture chests in sumeru also give 5 primos, i ahted those things in inazuma

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh also fyi, some of the sumeru plants already can be planted in your teapot, so be sure you have your seed gathering gadget on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just me, or does the text scroll a little faster/they let you end a textbox earlier now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the writing so far seems much snappier, fairly complicated concepts are being explained in pretty concise lines. and the traveler's dialogue options are actually slightly different instead of two fragments of one sentence. seems like they actually listened to feedback.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

Has anybody got a link to decent locations for Tig's ascension flower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5ay2i11Eo

its a youtube video sadly but this is out at least, he opens his map with custom markers for a bunch of them at the start

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/pakosun/status/1562374769466413056

tighnari was designed by the artist pako, who's done a bunch of characters in FGO (as well as the designs for the anime un-go)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sumeru has an entire second half that isnt out yet so itll be a lot bigger than liyue at the end of the day

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

any data on new artifact domains and worthwhileness yet?

the dendro res shred artifact is basically mandatory for any team thats running a dendro dps (read: tighnari teams), but tighnari isnt the one that wants to run it, he wants it on a support. the em/atk one seems decent but tighnari wants wanderer's troupe more than it. might be yae's bis tho?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

collei has decent dendro application but despite all the hits of her bursts it only applies dendro a few times which means shes pretty outclassed by dendro mc. dendro mc's only real problem as a dendro applier is that their ult dies if it gets hit by pyro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if anyone wants to prefarm for cyno/nilou/candace, most of their stuff is available rn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Is it just me, or do all three dendro characters have the same burst?
Whats the similarity between dendro mc and tighnaris?

Edit: also the supports tighnari wants are mostly fischl or yae, then collei or dendro mc for dendro res/running the dendro shred artifact, and then a flex slot for a shielder, healer, or buffer. He doesnt get much of anything out of xq or xiangling, and bennets about as good as sucrose for him.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 25, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

So tig, collei, Fischl, diona? Oops all bows again
you can probably make decent same-weapon teams for everything except claymores? having trouble thinking of a workable all claymore team. razor/beidou/chongyun/sayu?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The dendro shred set works on anyone, not just dendro characters. You could put it on fish or bennett for example, if you really wanted to commit to only using them to in Tighnari's team. However having a second dendro does help out Fischl/Yae's damage since it means you can more easily get 100% uptime on quicken.
oh, yeah, its just good to consolidate the roles/get a little bit of use out of the 2 piece bonus, and as mentioned the dendro res and extra dendro application is nice, so it still feels like the best route to me imo. give fischl a more damage oriented artifact setup or give bennett noblesse. You could run Instructor on DMC/Collei though and then the dendro shred set on benny/fischl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incoherence posted:

I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

fyi benny only pops the burst if you go dendro mc burst -> benny burst. if you go benny burst -> dendro mc burst he doesnt pop it even with his burst still on the ground

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I've noticed that all my daily commissions are in Monstadt. I used to get them in other locations too, but maybe a recent patch changed that, is there a way I can get commissions in other areas too?

go to your journal and go to your commissions page, you can set where to get them or make it random

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incoherence posted:

I somehow didn't realize until now that Bennett's burst field doesn't do tick damage (it's just a hit on initial cast).
it gives everyone standing in it a pyro aura which is why stuff like sunfire jean works, but yeah it doesnt do any pyro damage to enemies or objects or anything

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

x1o posted:

What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.
ER/EM sands, Dendro DMG goblet, Crit Rate/Crit DMG circlet. Mostly focus on ER substats. You want about 240%. They basically demand an ER weapon. Fav or Sac preferably, but they can get away with the Sumeru craftable.

Don't bother with ATK sands, they get way more out of EM.

In terms of what set, Instructor is really good if you want a budget option, deepwood memories is BiS if you feel like farming it. Noblesse is fine as a budget 5* option. Emblem is a trap option, they don't do enough damage themselves to make it worth it.

Also, you really only have to bother leveling their burst.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 26, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I am interested in Heizou. I've been using the Anemo Traveller as my main attacker, and it seems like he could pretty easily slot in for her against bosses and anything else her Burst is useless against? If I'm not wildly mistaken? I only got him very recently and haven't had much of a chance to try him out yet.
if you want to use an anemo character as your main dps heizou will wildly outshine anemo traveler, even against things her burst works on. the only thing hed have issue is is with anything anemo immune but thats basically just anemo slimes and spectres

the basic idea for main dps heizou is pair him with a bunch of hydro and electro characters that work off field and then hell just swirl everything they do and theyll handle the aoe with how the electricity bounces when they do electro-charged. build him for elemental mastery and he'll do good damage on that kind of team. skyward atlas is also probably his best in slot weapon, so thats a great pull.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fischl and shinobu are really good supports for him but ideally you'd want Xingqiu for the hydro slot, yeah. Honestly, XQ will be in the starglitter exchange shop next month, if you have any desire to roll for anything in the next few banners i'd save up and purchase him, he's an extremely good unit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tighnari wants the EM one, but wanderers troupe is just as good for him, so its not worth farming it for him specifically. The charged attack bonus damage on wanderers also applies to the bonus homing arrows, hence wanderers being just as good and much more accessible.

The EM one is also good on Yae, it seems very much designed for her. Most other characters have better options but i could see it being viable on hu tao, diluc, and melt ganyu?

Dendro MC and collei want the dendro shred one, but you can run it on just about anyone whos a support in a dendro comp, like fischl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Oh, I didn't know it's a fixed rotation. That's a good tip.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's never been an official announcement but it's followed that rotation for two years now. They might change it for the 2nd anniversary, but they'd probably announce that, and frankly I wouldn't put money on it. At most they might add an additional character option to cover the more recent 4*s, but I doubt they'd change the actual rotation or add a whole batch of new weapons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Is Kusanali the same race as Klee? Does this mean Klee's mother is also a short little gremlin person, and that "being small" is a characteristic of their race?

klee's mother, alice, refers to 'their race,' yeah, so presumably her ears are the same as klee's. pulcinella of the fatui harbingers has the same ears and he's also a shorty, so it seems likely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if youre a few short just go to some rando's world and speedrun a few of their beetles. anarchy reigns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, my guess is zandik is dottore's real name, like ajax is childe's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What is UP with Doris accent in japanese. She's like almost a stereotypical american but not quite there
She seems to be going for a mix of 'mishmash foreign merchant' and 'ultra-polite, ultra-formal', so her speech comes across very strange. The mishmash foreign merchant accent is something you see in anime and other media sometimes, my understanding is that it's basically just a stereotype derived from the various cultures that traded with Japan via the silk road. Iran, India, China, various European countries, that sort of thing. If you've ever seen a merchant character with a turban in a JRPG, they were probably pulling from that kind of thing in the JP script. However, her actual speech patterns in Japanese seem to be based on something like an extremely formal, overly polite court scholar type in a period drama, or something - her delivery, rhythm, and word choice are all very 'old' compared to the other characters in the game, even moreso than when, say, the archons are going full godly speech mode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can probably skip leveling tighnari's e. its worth hitting eventually but you arent really using it for the damage and leveling it doesnt increase the duration or anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally speaking of inazuma ascension materials, there's an 'import dealer' in sumeru who sells sango pearls and naku weed, which means at least those can be gotten without having to unlock inazuma.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Except without the boss materials, it's kind of moot. It is nice that they're providing additional ways of farming them though.
you can at least ascend for the first time with this, which i dont think was possible until now unless you caught their birthday letters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aloy literally doesnt have constellations in the code, i dont think theyll ever give another one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they ask about collab characters in the surveys all the time, i assume theyll do more eventually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep in mind if you fail the 50-50 you're guaranteed to get the rateup character next time you get a 5 star, and that stays across banners. zhongli is one of the most valuable and versatile characters in the game and even if you fail to get him youll get a guaranteed ticket for the next character you might want.

and the quests and exploration rewards do dry up eventually, but with four countries in the game now and them adding the entire second part of sumeru next patch it wont for a while. ive been playing since launch and i still have some exploration stuff left undone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in terms of dendro teams im having a lot of fun with childe/collei/dmc/diona. cyro and dendro not having a reaction is kind of a blessing to hydro/dendro/cyro teams honestly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his main issue is that he has so much hydro application that he often needs two dendro characters to keep up with him. could be resolved if kusanali is 'dmc but with more dendro application' tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guess im not switching to 4 piece heart of depth on tartag anytime soon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

raiden should show back up relatively soon though, probably in the next few patches

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://saveyourprimos.carrd.co/#upcoming

this is the most updated speculative release list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

I loved Nilou in the quest too much to not go for her, and I love hydro characters, and the way bloom works makes me think I need Kokomi so like two characters I really want back to back, while I don't like how Nilou's talents lock her into one specific team comp, I do look forward to people breaking her out of it.
its not really like shed be the first character with two dead talents. since she reverse vapes, her damage in a vape team seems pretty high.