Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I like the Sumeru writing quite a bit so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Specifically for PlayStation you will need to convert your crystals to Primos on the phone first. PlayStation has a separate crystal pool than PC/Mobile.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The Mondstadt characters are just fun to hang out with. Good event so far! Reminds me of the Liyue cooking contest a bit.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Don’t roll Yoimiya for gameplay purposes, she’s dreadfully boring to play. Some people seem to appreciate that. She’s probably great if you play on mobile frequently, but on PC it’s seriously awful. The RSI warnings are real.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think Hu Tao is fun to play so there appears to be a significant Hu Tao/Yoimiya fun divide in opinion.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Lisa is in the shop this month - don’t sleep on her if you’re near C4. She can get 14-15 Aggravates with her E combo and burst over a single cycle. She’s a pretty solid on-fielder now!

I’ve been trying out a Lisa C4 / Fischl / Nahida / C6 Diona (instructors) team. Between Diona instructors + Burst + Nahida Burst you’re buffing 570 EM (with snapshotting!) for Oz and Lisa’s burst. Diona C6 is so compelling because she provides heals, shields, and huge EM buffs in one package. Zhong Li, Kazuha, or Kokomi also slot in well instead. The team comp is definitely somewhat gimmicky and highly Circle Impact. However, everyone is ranged so it plays pretty smoothly when you need to zap a ranged enemy.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Which of Childe and Ayato are subjectively more fun to you? I’m pretty sure I’m skipping Yae Miko and I’ve got 150 rolls banked. I’m saving for Al Haitham and Dehya, but they’re still a few patches out. I could gamble a 50/50 on another Hydro with the element being so good lately.

Also say if you think Yoimiya is fun or Hu Tao is unfun so I know to ignore your opinion

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Did you know that you can purchase 70 crab per day from vendors now? It's nice to not have to farm stuff anymore.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’ve seen people saying Dendro is very strong in Genius Invokation TCG, so I want to unlock Collei next. Currently trying Claymores with a focus on pulling Wolf’s Gravestone because it seems strong.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Collei is really good. First, Dendro reactions are strong, and she’s the only Dendro. Secondly, her skill card is pretty good - once per turn when her skill causes a reaction, she does another instance of 1 Dendro damage. This means her skill into an electro aura does (3+1 Quicken) + (1 + 1 quicken aura) for 6 total damage. This second hit can target a replacement character btw. Finally, her burst is pretty solid Dendro application on 2 energy.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
How good is Ayato at hyperbloom? I skipped Childe and have a guarantee lined up. I could just save it if Ayato is just meh at it compared to Kokomi/Yelan/XQ.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

MoonCrab posted:

Also while looking at potentially fun 5 star cons I found a spicy new potential off-fielder for burn-melt Ganyu: Burst support Yoimiya???

Dehya, please be good. Because this team is stupid enough for me to waste a patch's worth of primo income to test out :pray:

I will try this out for you sometime soon because it sounds delightfully stupid.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

MoonCrab posted:

Thanks, my idea was Zhong>Nahida>Yoi>Ganyu, maybe a quick swap to Yoi to attack once or thrice to reapply pyro. I think if the pyro doesn't fall off, you might get, 5 shots? Zhong probably needs Fav, Nahida probably needs Fav and to directly feed those Fav particles to Yoimiya directly. Yoi... might need Fav too? The energy economy if this team is so bad, no wonder nobody's tried it lmao. The """Final Version""" if I end up building it for real might end up with Yoimiya on Fav Noblesse, EM/EM/EM with ER substats, just because her personal damage might be so hobbled that building for burn might be better. Sorry, Yoimiya fans! Your main doesn't deserve this treatment!

There's also the Nahida>Benny>Yoi>Ganyu variation, but I can't in good faith ask anyone to give that one an honest shot.

It kind of works, but there are some major problems.

1. Energy - even with a +20 ER timepiece and level 70 Favonius Warbow, Yoimiya doesn't have enough energy to burst back to back. Even going Nahida Skill -> Yoi Skill -> Normal to proc burning -> Yoi Burst (catch particles) only refills to about half energy, 2/3 by the time you'd want to recast the burst. You could probably work around this with more ER.
2. Not enough pyro application - it seems fairly easy to accidentally desync burning and Yoimiya burst triggers. I've attached a clip where it happened versus Masanori. I suspect it was Zhongli's pillar, but I'm uncertain.
3. Short duration. I lucked into C1 Yoimiya accidentally, but 10s would only give you ~3-4 shots with Ganyu as best as I can tell. Prefilling particles with the skill would be difficult to time correctly here too.

I think a well built C6 Diona could be better than Zhongli here, but my is poorly built.

It's categorically worse than Bennett as is I think. Maybe Dehya will be the Burn support we need.

https://i.imgur.com/FRFS1Ln.mp4

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think the net ability is pretty good for the hunter. In the smaller maps you can really carpet bomb the corners and high places and catch most rebels. Then grab the favor and win.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Weird Al Haithovic feels pretty fun to play in the trial at least. If I weren’t saving for Dehya I’d be tempted to burn a 50/50 pity.

Alas I pulled Yaoyao in 18 rolls and she seems to be the far more useful Dendro of the two. I’m so excited to run her in a 3 electro team (or perhaps 2 electro and Kazuha). Also, it doesn’t look like she really needs a few constellations for once? C2 looks nice for energy but I think she’s actually usable out of the box unlike some 4*s.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Whenever there is an event in Mondstadt or Liyue I’m reminded how I actually really like these characters, unlike most of the Inazuma cast. It’s just fun to see them hang out and bounce off of each other.

So far Sumeru is more in line with the first two regions.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Aloy should have had the tall female model. Genshin’s representation of her doesn’t really fit the Horizon games very well.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Al Haitham havers: you still enjoying him? I’m doing the math, and I think I’m safe to try a 50/50 for him and still have enough for Dehya.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got Sara C6 a few banners ago. I’d like to make her work in a Yaoyao Aggravate team, but it seems to me like Sucrose Hakushin is generally superior between VV shred, EM share, and DMG % buffs.

It’s also a bummer that the C6 Crit Damage bonus doesn’t snapshot. Her synergy with Beidou and Lisa is limited.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Beidou, Sayu, almost anyone except defense scaling characters. It is generally slightly better than Serpent Spine if the team doesn’t have an attack buffer like Bennett or Sara. Otherwise Serpent Spine pulls ahead.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
As a day one player I have 4 built meta teams (without character overlap!) so now all I want to spend my resin on is dumb ideas like trying to make a Noelle Burgeon team. I don’t even care that Dehya looks like she’ll be bad, any off field reaction enablers are great for dumb idea teams.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I believe Eula’s best team right now is hyperbloom, which might actually get me to dust her off. I shelved her since she’s not much fun in the overworld or Abyss.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

when they release the first 3* character who only has a normal attack, no vision, no elemental skill and no burst, their best team will be hyperbloom too

no need to get salty about 3* Dunyarzad power-creeping Dehya just yet

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Noelle is not particularly strong mechanically, but her giant geo lightsaber does feel good. Yoimiya is fairly good mechanically, but I hate left clicking with bow users on PC.

I have not actually read the Dehya leaks. I'm mostly hoping that she'll work for Melt Ganyu in practice.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

slicing up eyeballs posted:

What's the funniest stat to scale a shield off of

Inverse of character height, updated when you switch characters. Shorter characters = denser shield.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Cyno is pretty good in the Windblume event. I wish I liked his gameplay more because his aesthetics and personality are great.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Is Dehya actually comfortable to use in Ganyu burn melt or just "usable"? I'm concerned about the downtime and compatibility with non-Nahida dendros.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think this event is pretty cute. I like the character writing quite a bit. It's not quite on the level of the last Lantern Rite, but it's a step up from any of the Inazuma events.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Endorph posted:

The lack of any delineated mechanism for buffs in the future?

I think it's this one. FGO has turned several dogshit standard banner characters into valuable picks over time (Fionn for example). There's little hope for that in Genshin. Dehya is always gonna be meh unless they choose to add a game mechanic around taking damage. And if they do add an artifact set for it, you'll have to farm all new artifacts for it lmao. It's not like Clam makes or breaks Kokomi even.

Genshin's other concept of a character buff is telling you to C6 a specific new 4* with annoying mechanics and staple them to the 5* you like. This would be less of a problem with a better 4* pity mechanism.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I agree with 1 and 2 from the image tbh. 1s pyro coordinated attacks with normal ICD rules would not be OP, and her damage mitigation is currently kinda pathetic. She would have many more fun team options if she could enable burgeon as well as Thoma.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I ended up wishing for Cyno over Dehya because she’s going to the standard banner.

Now I’m tempted to waste some of my 200+ saved wishes on the weapon banner for Cyno’s signature weapon. However, none of the theorycrafters seem to have calculated just how much better it is over my PJWS. I need percentages to justify bad choices here people.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I pulled 35 times on the weapon banner and got exactly what I wanted. I will never learn my lesson to not pull on the weapon banner.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Generally I believe selfish on-field characters are negative fun. You don't get to do the core mechanic of the game for 10+ seconds at a time.

That said, I think Cyno quickbloom (Cyno / Nahida / Kokomi / Beidou) is really fun - arguably more fun than any of the Keqing teams I've tried. I hope Baizhu helps make it a bit better. It's just a bit less brainless than hyperbloom in the Cyno timing and his animations feel really good. It feels like the DPS is about on par with Nahida + Shinobu too.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

FractalSandwich posted:

I could see them holding off until 4.0 if there's some new mechanic to revitalize physical damage coming then. In that very specific scenario, it wouldn't surprise me.

Fontaine is the hydro nation, so clearly it must be a Shatter buff.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Servers are back up. I got Qiqi’ed on the standard banner with my saved fates :(.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Nilou’s trial makes her feel very awkward without a shielder. I’m sure this is less of a problem with better teammates than Barbara and Collei.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Floor 12 isn't all that bad when you use meta teams huh? The Wenut is still annoying if I hyperbloom that side though. I only got 8 stars and can't be assed to go for 9.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I rolled for Cyno because he’s funny and his gameplay in quick bloom is neat. So far I’m happier with him than Ayato who I still haven’t really wanted to use over Kokomi.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Making Def scaling Geo’s thing is kinda rude to the few Geo units that don’t do that. It might be fun to massively buff Shatter at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
This quest you need to clear for the event in the new area is really pretty insufferable! It's got all the word salad of Enkanomiya while recycling ideas from the Aranara and the Chasm huh?

I get what people liked about Enkanomiya and the Chasm, but I never really felt motivated to fully explore them. When you're still below AR 45 or so, each treasure chest feels more meaningful. Now there's more of a mechanical disincentive because my artifacts are always full.

I don't think I can be one the people who care about Genshin Lore. Outside of the main story quests the incidental dialogue writing lands somewhere between pedestrian and painful.