Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Which is pointless, because the max setting is 5 and it needs to be more like 8.

Yeah with both at 5 vertical is still noticeably slower.

And thanks for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like the new sand shader they have where it deforms slightly if you run, slide etc on it. It has a nice glimmer to it too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Holy moley that Sumeru archon quest was wild, and super long but for the first time I think in the game's history I didn't mind.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Says how much dialogue there is when there have been quite a few misread lines and mismatching text. Collei's VA reading "Aranara and the Ill (as in, ILL) Little Fungus" as "Three Little Fungus" was pretty funny though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not really a complaint all things considered, but man this patch feels front-loaded with content compared to the others, there's just so much of it. Tons of quests and things to do, even with the desert part of Sumeru still to come. Maybe the staggered release of Inazuma makes it feel more like that because I remember hitting a content wall a lot with Inazuma.

I just hope they can keep this pace up -- I don't particularly like clearing all the content of a minor patch in like a day or two and then go back to the whole log in, commissions, resin, log out type of stuff. Honestly they could've easily spread some of this stuff out. Again, not that I'm complaining at the moment.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I decided to take a detour from exploring to go straight to the western edge of the map to the small town there to see if maybe I could get a good view of the desert. Naturally it gives me nothing. I wanna see the desert damnit! :argh:

The sand there is cool!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

Hah, me too just earlier today. The 48-hour respawn timer is murder though. It's not Ayaka but at least now I can sympathize for anyone who pulled her on her first banner.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Sumeru expeditions seem pretty worthless overall, honestly. Nice for cooking but otherwise there's not much point to them.

They need to add leveling up materials to them or something at this point. Even the ore or mora doesn't seem terribly rewarding, even if it adds up.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Realistically, are they ever going to do anything about Bennett's C6? Like, allowing us to turn constellations on/off or something? How many people have the loving red exclamation mark now?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

How do you get a shriveled starshroom? I tried every element on them and only pyro and electro do anything.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Fyi, there are a LOT of underground spaces in Sumeru and some of them are absolutely massive and labyrinthine.

Tighnari is good fun even with a blue dendro cup. Partners up with Yae really nicely.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

First big complaint is that they keep throwing unvoiced dialogue during gameplay segments, especially fights.

Also I just finished the Aranyaka questline and yeah, that was like 14-15 hours and there's still more to it. Cool ending, shame it wasn't voiced though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Having a fun time doing my 7th commission of the day. Yeah, supposing there's a bug where commissions keep seemingly randomly appearing after I did my daily 4. Not complaining though!

E: I'm dumb and mistook weekly missions for commissions. :downs:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 27, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with these? I can't figure out how to interact with them. They never seem to be guarding anything major, so I feel like it shouldn't be complicated or related to the story. But I could be wrong.

You'll get to it well into the Aranyaka questline.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There's a woman named Arezo in Vimara Village who gives you 4 Lotuses if you talk to her. Not much but it alleviates the Tig farming a bit at least.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seems like you can only get up to lvl 5 Statues right now. I'm pretty sure I have every Dendroculus and I'm at 14/30 through level 5. The rest are somewhere in the desert.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just went full story, the odd bit of exploration here and there but mostly followed the story and ignored all the puzzles and chests along the way, just to have a clean quest log when I go exploring. Done with the Dendroculus and challenges as far as I know, currently sweeping up chests and I'm done with the Aranyaka other than the scavenger hunt and only have the chapter 3 nurseries left unless there's more than six chapters to it. Sumeru rules.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Completed the Aranyaka, unless there are more than 6 chapters to it. Took me a while because the hints it gives you are vague as hell, mostly just stumbled upon progress in a lot of places.

The Dendro zipline things might be my favorite addition mechanically, but I think the plants that create them reset every day, at least some of them definitely do. Kind of a drag to have to trigger them again every time but maybe they'd cause some kind of a visual overload in certain areas, I don't know.

Still some of the better hidden chests and stuff to do but otherwise I think I'm pretty much done with this part of Sumeru and I'll echo just about everyone in that it's by far the best content the game has had yet.

Now the eternal farm for a halfway decent 5* Dendro cup begins.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hah, Dendro slimes that are underground proc bloom and just spout bombs out constantly when it's raining.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For those going for full map clear or just in the mood to explore and treasure hunt, remember that there's a whole bunch of new stuff on the border of Liyue and Sumeru too, north of the Chasm. They even added new things to the Liyue side of it which is kind of neat.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

The jumping over ripples is actually a bit cool, but It still always feels a bit janky when they make avoidance phases in Genshin, something about character movement is universally off.

This is pretty evident for me trying to jump on the bouncy mushrooms, it's like any bit of momentum the character has means they'll launch in that direction when you jump so the best way to do it is to get on the mushroom, fully stop, then jump unless you get lucky on the initial jump onto the thing. It's weird.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My final verdict on Tighnari; it's a big relief to have pulled him as he's super fun. Fast, simple and deals great damage. Sure he's not gamebreaking and will be replaced eventually with better Dendro units but going through Sumeru with him along helped a ton as both Collei and Dendro Traveler feel somewhat weak and/or clunky in comparison.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm desperately farming for a 5* Dendro cup right now and I know it'll be HP HP% Def Def% when I get it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dori has to be something really amazing for me to pull for her. Super not interested in a middle-tier Electro especially after Inazuma. I have Raiden, Yae and Fischl plus every other Electro already so it'll take a lot to convince me.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Finally finished the Aranara stuff; it's really good. Neat how the final quest makes you play as Lumine/Aether. Had enough dendro thingies to get the tree to level 10 immediately (which was actually lower than I expected; I could have sworn that I had already gotten at least half of the zone's chests, and I'm guessing you can get ~25 levels from the current area, assuming the desert is the second half of the zone).

Also managed to do enough world quests to unlock the rep quests/bounties, which is nice.

The treasure cavern they lead you to is a nice carrot in that you have to find the random Aranara around the world doing different stuff to be able to open them. But there are a zillion of those little guys and some are super hidden so who knows how long it'll take to get all the chests in there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

I've gotten one dendro goblet. It's purple. Kind of crazy that our dendro gobs will be two years behind our other gobs with no catchup mechanics, I was hoping for something like all elemental goblets from the deepwood domain would be dendro but I guess not.

Same here. I don't know what they could've done though, up the drop rate for a while or something? That would just invite complaints. Still, it's a huge drag. One 4* Dendro goblet so far and I've spent tons of resin plus ground down a bunch of 5* artifacts for others but nope.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

She's a very good healer and her burst hits like a truck, too. Her skill is a lot of fun especially if you're near deep water. Other than that, you can also do the unusual thing and build her as a physical damage dealer who heals your entire party with melee damage. It's fun but not really the best use for her.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What do we know about the next banner? It's less than a week away now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh cool, I didn't know Dori was a 4*, that's good. I can pull for Kokomi and may get Dori but if I don't get either it's not a big deal.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't know much about Dori's kit but I'm all set on Electro unless she's super awesome as a Dendro support or something. I'm not a fan of any mechanic that drains HP though so I'm not a big fan of Kuki, maybe Dori can address that somehow.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

On my X/Kazuha/Tig/Yae team, I threw the 4-piece Dendro set on Yae and it seems super good for Tig so far. For some reason I've been reluctant about doing that, throwing weird "off-set" pieces on characters but while it does diminish Yae's personal damage (she had 18% Atk/15% Electro artifacts before), Tighnari is like a nuclear bomb now. Using his skill, then burst immediately after is one of the most satisfying things in this game, I swear.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, got Kokomi within a few pulls, that's me done.

Also Mona C1 with the standard fates from leveling her up, which is nice I guess.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Reached rep 5 with Sumeru

the rewarded Gadget is in the Precious Items tab for some reason :confused:

It's for cooking ingredients, not actual food. With it you can speed up the ingredient cooking using ore. Took me a while to realize that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Can you pick up bloom bombs with Jean and throw them like grenades?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aw, weak.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ugh, this new event has the issue that while you're in the menus for it, you can't access individual characters' menus, so no weapon/artifact switching unless you back all the way out.

Abyss has always had the same problem, but for some reason normal domains don't; you can press a button (square on PS5) while picking a character and have full access to their equipment.

Only this time, with this current event, once you've done the first wave, I didn't find any way to get out of the menus. So it seems you have to finish it once you've started and if you haven't played around with your melt team for a while and they have crap weapons or missing artifacts, it's gonna be a drag.

Yeah, there are trial characters available but it's such a weird way of doing things.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No I mean you can back out of the abyss between floors and change things, but you have to back out, you can't do it inside the abyss menus which is just inconvenient.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Space Opera posted:

Are you talking about the "slomo camera to find weaknesses" event? Because even if you have those characters, you're still using the trial version. I just checked, and the trial Fischl has 2 TF/Glad, while mine has 2 TF/Bloodstain.

No, I'm talking about the event that started today.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Amazing, I'm going to be missing out on Albedo for the fourth (fifth?) time.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The ability to save weapon/artifact sets per team sure would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, just blow it all on Mora. It's the same for all of them once you unlock the specific merchant.