Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got Collei on my first pull which is good enough to sit and wait till 3.1s banners. All I wanted for her was C1 and with the event reward it'll get there.

I will probably blow the guaranteed banner 5* on Nilou if she's with Cadence (And why wouldn't she be in the same banner as the dancer, just look at her name)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They nailed sumeru visually and the music is fantastic as always.

And the story so far hasn't been too wordy and thank god you aren't immediately locked in to a tiny area because the story demands it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What is UP with Doris accent in japanese. She's like almost a stereotypical american but not quite there

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I liked endless eight festival more than anything in 2.0

Aoi Yuki was allowed to talk, even though MC is boring, it’s appreciated.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well considering Nilou burst is a lingering aoe hydro field nahida might be a dendro driver instead of just off field applications, but who knows.

There is a gap right now with dendro characters in that there isn't anyone yet that is a hard driver for the element yet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got a dendro goblet from the new domain that hit elemental mastery like 4 times while upgrading.

The rest of the stats are kinda poop though

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god the arana questlines, its like they took the tedium from the archon quest and just repurposed it in here instead

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dori causes the character to gain the electro status so it can be swirled with jean to rip apart water fatui shields but electro sort of got shafted when it came to full null shields so its not that useful. Also it has weird timings and nowhere near as strong and consistent as benny's application

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres potential nahida data files in game already that may point to some of her kit

she apparently has a hold button ability and an alternate sprint. Given how much flight is emphasized in sumeru I wonder if its going to be represented with nahida gliding when sprinting

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kokomi on this banner is kinda bad timing because she can be an ok support for aoe nilou comps to keep the team healthy from eating the powered bloom reactions but shes also at the spot right before we know what Nahidas kit is going to look like

And nahida being a healer with similar dendro applications would be killer for a lot of aggravate and bloom based teams.

At the same time, I dont have a good aoe hydro applier because mona has never shown up in my pulls

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Smells like someone compiling currently known information into a "reasonable guesstimate." The real banners are probably not gonna be hugely dissimilar but I'm sure this woulda had stuff like Baizhu in Xiao's spot before we know what was up with him.

A lot of leakers dont just get data from the betas and files, they legit have sources inside the company that tell them stuff. Like right now people are posting descriptions for ANOTHER dendro sumeru character thats not on that list and that for all intents and purposes can come out before baizhu if they care about it.

Poor dude got put out on hold for so long his design is boring compared to the other guys in the pipeline.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sumeru at least doesn't seem as bad with the constant dialog during dailies but we'll see once more open up

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I stopped playing after Yae came out. Did they ever buff Keqing?

Keqing's clear speed has increased dramatically with dendro reactions. She's almost hyper carry status and will only get better with stronger dendro support

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

oh, other note about dori that nobody's really mentioned: she self-applies electro to the active character, meaning you can use her for an electro version of sunfire jean. not sure about the team possibilities there, but it definitely feels like it might open up some options once people experiment with it.

I mentioned it already! Twice even! The only disadvantage is that electro isn't strong against any particular element so the sunfire properties of ripping apart shields isnt as strong using dori. You'll be able to rip apart hydro fatuis incredibly fast, but not hydro lectors.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

I wanted to make EM jean+EM razor aggravate but havent gotten around to it yet... maybe tonight. I assume jean's EM gets used for the aggravates?

Im going to assume that it uses Jean's since the pyro applications caused by sunfire use jeans stats for it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Playing ganyu after playing tighnari is agony.

Just get 6 constellations

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Tighnari's not that strong but he's freakin sick. Hes's in my top 5 favorites.

I'll also mention I dont think keqing is all that much stronger at the moment than pre-dendro - her so-called comp doesnt have a healer or a shielder. But aggravate justifies her entire kit design, with 4TF her kit actually makes sense and even her slow-rear end burst becomes justifiable because it gives two CDRs to her E.

Similarly yae benefits more from kazuha than dendro but quadruple aggravate on her burst (and the hard fought for random targeting on E) makes her kit feel actually designed with mechanics in mind instead of a random pile of crap. Idk why this makes such a difference to me but it makes both characters so much more enjoyable, like you're actually engaging with the mechanics instead of just smacking away with raw electro damage.

The videos I've seen have her clearing almost as fast as equally geared hutaos. Dendro just needs a healer/shielder that applies elements as well as DMC and she's golden.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kokomis best and most consistent teams are freeze comps and the new vegetable soup/frozen vegetable soups comps. In standard freeze comps shes just there to apply the aoe hydro aura but on the vegetable soup teams shes the primary driver.

You can run her in tazers too but not using Sucrose feels like purposely gimping yourself. Also given the relative strength of XQ and Yelan's single target I'm guessing mono hydro is also a possibility for fights that have no need for aoe? I really should pull for Kazuha the next time he shows up for mono team shenanigans

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 9, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harrow posted:

Is "vegetable soup" like reaction soup but with dendro

yeah just a soup with bloom or hyperbloom as the primary reaction

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tsyni posted:

So what you're saying is that I need Ganyu + Kokomi? :/

The freeze element usually doesnt come from Ganyu, you can use Rosaria

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dori in two, should I spend my guarantee on boring tactics fish girl?

Oh my god her idle sound effects are amazing

e- Decided to pull for kokomi. Got another constellation for dori and kokomi about halfway before hard pity. Have enough to force Nahida. Maybe can afford a few weapon pulls on the 3.1 banner.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 10, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Terrain data gets added to the betas way earlier than other things do don’t expect anything south of Liyue for another 3 patches at least. There’s almost certainly going to be more added during the cycle that’s not just the desert to the west though

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Weren't there rumors of Mondstadt getting a new chunk added to the northeast?

There could be, its pretty much the only place other than south liyue/other islands that can be added because anything north would be hitting Fontaine.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harrow posted:

Now that I've gotten Jean on a lost 50/50 twice I should probably actually build her, huh

What stats make sense to use on Jean? She doesn't seem as dependent on swirling as Sucrose and Kazuha so she doesn't necessarily want a full EM build, right? Well unless I'm doing a sunfire team I assume.

For general support just stack enough ER to always have her burst when needed and general offense stats, its not like you'll have her at point but her E does hit pretty hard at high levels and geared while generating a lot of energy. Theres a new EM sword coming out next weapon banners that can be slapped on her for thats really good since it provides tons of EM and ER and if you are going sunfire then you'd really want it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its always jeans as far as I know

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This patch has made more sets valuable. No longer are we stuck to the severed fates mines.

It does kinda feel weird having to farm a thundering fury sets for Keqing and maybe an EM one for Raiden

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heres a roundup of the breadcrumbs from the more reliable leakers about Nahida's kit

She's a support at C0, quell surprise so is every other Archon so far.
Her E follows the user.
Her Q infuses like the DMC
Her burst has high energy cost
She has "seamless" dendro application (100% uptime?)

Still about a bit for the beta proper to come out and we 100% know

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly its hard to go back. It would be a step down in world design if all the areas after this dont include always on grapple devices.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Another 4* cryo polearm from mondstat

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If nahidas consts are real then c2 doesnt seem nearly as busted as originally thought. A 20% average damage increase on core reactions is not the same as enabling the core reactions to crit natively. 30% def reduction on aggravated reactions is pretty good though for characters like Keqing and Fischl

E- also if nahidas personal damage isnt bad it might not be a bad idea to put in a zhong li in the electro aggravate team just to benefit from the shield and universal shred.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 27, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kokomi fridge teams are going to eat well

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pfff Cyno without even trying. I wanted Cadence and whiffed on the second pull.

Im going to be desire sensored for nahida so I'm stopping now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I do not like that C6 for nahida turns her into a hyper carry but I dont care because even at C0 her kit is fantastic. If the C2 is a flat 30% def reduction on all damage and not just the reaction one then I might whale on constellations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The reason why I think the wording is wonky is because there is no reason why it wouldn't double dip with hyperbloom too. Difficult because of how reactions work, but not entirely impossible to game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nahidas field passive lets her loot plants by taking a picture of them with her E. Incredible powercreep

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japanese razor in this event sounds like he was recorded over a bad cellphone

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People in the beta have been saying that nahidas burst does affect when shes not on the field so maybe its an issue with the private test servers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anora posted:

not a fan of the fact that the first message you get back from CS when reporting a bug is "Are you sure you don't suck rear end at puzzles"

Well do you?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Having worked business software CS in a previous life, this is almost always the correct answer whenever anyone reports anything. I can only imagine that's doubly so in gaming, especially the cesspit that is mobile gaming. It's neat they're even remotely allowed to insinuate something like that instead of a bland-and-inoffensive-as-possible-template response.

I still work CS and half the tickets are user error. I try to ease the info into them because I dont want them to feel dumb. No lady, the webapp wasn't down you were just using the wrong URL but I'll play around and say it might have changed and you should update your bookmarks so it doesnt happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

There's been a longstanding rumor that the main writer of Genshin left around Zhongli 2's quest, and due to how fast Genshin's workflow is, it didn't take until around Yae/Raiden 2's quest for the new writers to settle in for the voiced content production.

Because there's no real reason as we see with Sumeru that they had to rush production to make Inazuma 2 patches, other than "well poo poo, our main writer left. We have to redesign the whole story."

(One of the more accurate leaks had the original Inazuma story be about Raiden Shogun already being dead, and finding candidates to replace her. This includes Ayaka, a character that has severely been downgraded in importance compared to Ninguang or Cyno so far.)

That poo poo usually doesnt happen like that. In a game like this the scenario of how its going to play out is written years before its actually implemented. Thats the entire point of the Tayvat chapter video they put out before the game officially launched. Theres not going to be much deviation from the original plan and all writers are going to be on the same boat since they might write a particular character and their quest and it needs to mesh with the rest of the scenario.

And even though Genshin has a tight patch schedule, the actual amount of main story text in each chapter isn't that much when say compared to FFXIV. Burnout seems unlikely unless they had the writer do ALL of the text in the game. Im more inclined to just assume that any shortcommings in inazuma were covid related. Just about every studio got hit with it and Mihoyo all things considered handled it better than most.