Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad I have 2 more patches until the archon cause I still need time to hard pity after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sanctum posted:

She always says stuff like ERROR or Rebooting... in Mondstadt at least in my game :psylon:

More will be revealed after a painfully long quest that will not acquaint you to the city or it's people in any way, just dialogue. All dialogue.

The exploration is not good enough if you are bothered by the archon quest this much

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zhongli might've lost favor pre-buff as far as utility, now he's a no-brainer based on him giving elemental shred and atk boost via his BiS artifacts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The thing that isnt brought up that the long chain of quests give a ton of primo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Yes, the cabbage was well and truly won me over as well. If it weren't for the fact that she's 3 patches away

3.2 was the earliest assumption so I hope you didn't spend last week assuming she was 3.4

Also patches are 5 weeks now for the rest of the year which is 7 days per patch shorter of primos

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah I've just been doing like 1-2 aranara quests a day since it's permanent. The quests are cute, it's basically a FF14 beast tribe quest.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cinematics is definitely a factor because they explicitly deleted old ones to create room for 3.0. The game is still mostly for phone users as far as the fanbase, unfortunately.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mix. posted:

trying to decide if i should do a couple pulls for the new bow for tighnari (who's currently holding battle pass bow) or wait and save for candace's banner in 3.2 :v:

Candace is next patch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kokomi's niche is that she can put "slow" hydro application at 100% uptime while also having hydro normals.

In a super min-max mega gamer mode, you don't need a healer because you're dodging all attacks with burst timings. But for the 99% mere mortals, she's a good hydro slot that also fills in buffer+Healer all in one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Talking to the Razor missing lady, she tells you adventures guild HQ is located in not-russia

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Collei is like designed wrong on purpose. Her dendro application is too slow. I guess eventually they'll make a character that doesn't want too much dendro for some reason, but ????

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The way mihoyo is releasing dendro is odd. We're apparently getting two more cryo characters before the next dendro after nahida which is at least 3.6??

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Eimi posted:

Isn't one of the characters in dev a Mondstadt cryo guy? Or did it turn out he's 4*?

Mika is a 4 star cryo polearm, fara is a cryo swordswoman 4 star

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We dont even have a cryo catalsyt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

90 percent of bronya variants use a gun so i wonder if we'll finally get guns by the 5th tear

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Was trying to knock out a good percentage of the aranara quests, an hour later, I did 1. Welp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm only missing Tighnari, Itto, Yoimiya, Xiao, Ganyu. And those characters I purposely avoided rolling.

This upcoming pair of patches coming up is maybe the first time ever I will skip someone I want, since I'm ground zero at pity, but want Nahida/Nilou/Dehya.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ayaka was playable before the stigma of Kazuha wore off and Shenhe, it was a such a weird time when people legit thought her normals were bad when they're one of the higher normals period.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The geo mc is legit good, but most people have a c2 ning or itto at this point for their geo dps needs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sapwood sword

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

They always announce all the 5-stars for a patch ahead of time, right? So I can wait to see who'll be in 3.1 before I decide whether or not to commit to Kokomi?

Uh they announced cyno and nilou before 3.0 officially

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Eimi posted:

I don't think Nahida will be a healer just because Baizhu exists and he will 100% be the dendro 5* healer. Also in the terms of shoving more utility into an archon's kit, she's gonna use catalyst and if she doesn't heal but can use prototype amber with Raiden tier utility?

Baizou is currently slated to not come out for at least like 6 months unless they update the 3.4 leaks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

padijun posted:

Absolutely not, but I still got the "twist," and I'm sorry, what's the difference? If the protag wakes up multiple times to the same thing and they have to figure out how to stop it, it's a time loop episode. At least with star trek it's over in 45 minutes.

I...why are you still playing, are you some skinner box junky

do you think this is somehow changing with the story

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kaeya would give you cryo resonance and also another character that puts a cryo aura around you just to get free crit rate

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Its def not a budget thing considering everything else

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wollawolla posted:

Probably 4x Severed Fate set prioritizing Crit, %ATK, and %HP stats. I usually play Zhongli as a 60k health shield bot, and my burst crits for around 40k. I’m not sure how much damage you gain by trading away unbreakable shields, but I tend to think your overall damage is higher by skipping the burst and letting your dedicated DPS characters handle enemies.

My meteors are like 30k with slapped together 4 piece tenacity and black tassel, weird

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Talents improve your damage better than the best god tier artifact, always

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It was definitely a rush censorship because the China servers got a half-finished clump of polygon mess that players were forced to use for half a patch before the finished current product was done.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fire rita is mech

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Anno posted:

Greetings goons. I haven’t played since like 2.2, but want to hop back in to explore the new overland content. Have there been any fundamental changes to the game since then? Besides new characters/weapons/Dendro.

Strongbox options for artifacts increased, no longer have to farm VV or Crimson

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Thinking about how absolutely nobody cared about Mika... We truly do live in a society.

(I also didn't really care about him).

If you didnt live in the leak reddit for months, you wouldnt even know he was a character. He literally didnt have a model until that presentation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Candace's gimmick is that she gives hydro infusion like Chongyun gives cryo or c6 bennet gives pyro

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Genshin is a game where they just made one of the worst 5 star dps into good, this aint summoner wars or brave exvious where you combine your 6 star dupes into a 7 star

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Charge attacks is iirc useless for Dendro Keqing because the bonus doesn't apply to charge, only normals and burst.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The main problem with Geo is that you need more 5 stars than other similar teams to match their power levels. If you have a decent constellation gorou and 5 stars, good! If not, uh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dendro Archon might be the first irreplaceable archon because our current dendro crop is like not amazing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Dendro Traveler would be fine if they didn't have the absolute worst skill. Stubby short, absolutely 0 vertical range, like using it on a slope basically is a waste of time and its cooldown is too long for how basic it is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Honkai is an extreme case of balancing where the game for 90% of the main story and side events don't use units. At all. You can literally never roll and get through most of the content.

You only need units for the weekly challenges that give crystals, which is only used to get units to keep up with said challenges. It's very weird, even Genshin allows you to use your own units for events most of the time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hyper Inferno posted:

Upcoming Cyno seems pretty reliant on normal attacks and wants enough ER to essentially be in burst 100% of the time so Skyward Spine might be an option there. But from what I've read, he generates a lot of particles regardless so maybe the ER substat isn't super necessary.

He won't have ER issue if there's another electro in the team due to resonance. One of his best weapons is like a white tassel, next to deathmatch and kittan spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thoma was so bad that people found out a Yanfei build with prototype amber as a better pyro support for hu tao teams