Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I started playing Genshin because of meme videos and I can't figure out which keyboard button the "Square" button is supposed to be on the keyboard on PC when in the cooking menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Xun posted:

What does the square button do?

For stopping the arrow during the meter mini-game for the perfect score. Right now it seems like only clicking the button seems to work?

sushibandit posted:

Isn't that spacebar? I just click things the ~once a week I need to cook for battlepass.

I coulda swore I tried spacebar (maybe it was Enter I tried instead?), but I'll try again when I get some more ingredients.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jean: "Do you happen to know anything that makes you special?"
Lumine: Nope! She lied as naturally as she breathed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Shinji2015 posted:

lol I genuinely want to see an event where the Traveler is just terrible at whatever it's about, and it messes with them (it's very downplayed, but the Traveler does have a bit of an ego). Like, just imagine the needling Paimon could get out of it:

"Oh wow, Traveler, it looks like you're not the best at everything after all, huh?"
"Oh look Traveler, this newborn puppy is better at this than you are!"
"Oh geez, Traveler, even I'm not that bad!"

And the whole storyline of the event is the Traveler getting more and more mad that they can't do the thing

There's a lot of funny things that happen but are very subtle, like when the camera spends a second looking at Lumine and shes' either staring blankly or nervously shaking her head. I forget when the head shaking happened it was really funny to me, I'm still helping Venti be a terrible at being a god.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Argh, I wasn't able to claim my commission bonus rewards because someone logged into my world and now they're gone the next day. :(

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh my god Barbara's adorable and hilarious in the cutscene she's introduced in. :unsmith:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Lol, Paimon sounds like she's from New Jersey in this cutscene.

e: HOW IS BEIDOU THIS COOL!? IT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO BE THIS COOL.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 31, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The big giant robots in Dragonspine are kinda bullshit, maybe I'm not using the right characters for them (mainly rolling with my main 4* FTP gang unless a challenge calls for me pulled characters) but they just seem to be massive HP sponges that take forever to kill even when I go for the big glowy weakpoints and the main part that makes them bullshit is whenever they got my characters stuck in a corner and I literally can't get away from them when they do the whirlpool tornado move of theirs and whatever character is there just auto-dies.

And despite giving me a platform in both engagements so far, this is one of the fights with a reliable anti-cheese mechanic and the fight resets and they get all their HP back if I stay out of their reach for more than 10 seconds. It's past whatever year this game came out Devs, let players cheese difficult fights! Its like half the reason people like open world games is breaking things. But no, in this case only the AI is allowed to cheese the player. :mad:

Amber died on me this second fight and then Noelle kept dying because of getting stuck in a corner, so wasn't able to try using Amber to go for the head after taking out its knees but from the front doesn't always still get to fire its eye beams in any case? I'm not sure if that's what I'm missing. My party is all level 40 so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Glazius posted:

After you break a Ruin Grader's ankles, you have to bullseye the head while it's shooting the eye beam to stun it.

Jfc.

Tampa Bae posted:

dragonspine is a MASSIVE difficulty spike and kind of just harder than most areas that come after it too so don't beat yourself up too much if you can't clear it out, no shame in coming back to it later either

I can see! So far it isn't something I can't handle through the power of FreedomMondstadt Hashbrowns; it's just often very tedious and frustrating.

Especially all the Cryo enemies when I have only Amber or Xiangling for Pyro and both of their Elementals require setup, at least Xiang's ult is a little more flexible compared to Ambers Freedomairstrike which the enemy ALWAYS steps outside of. :argh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I know its like a breath of the wild thing but I wish stamina didn't drain remotely as fast when running along paths/roads/ground. I get wanting to constrain players from exploring up and down mountains as the Crow Flies or swimming across oceans but I think there's a better compromise between that and having your stamina drain so quickly even with all of the 10 levels of the seven statues unlocked?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Alright, after wandering around Mondstadt gathering fruit, I crafted enough of a supply of those +34% hp stews and the +crit +def +attack buff foods that I've basically cleared Dragonspine aside from some side quests like the dragontooth quest where I need like 25 more silverstar and like maybe another rank of the Blood Tree for the Gacha Coins. Soon to Liwui!

Incoherence posted:

A thing that's not immediately obvious: repeatedly tapping the dash button is faster and more stamina-efficient than holding it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiutJz3bAk

Oh my.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

:toot:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel bad for all the people trying to join my world who I ignore because I can't do certain quests when they're in. =/

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I would let them in if I got some sort of bonus or if I knew they got some sort of bonus I suppose? Right now having someone who can potentially help with a Boss fight sounds like the only real reason beyond social interaction and it otherwise feels very much like Dark Souls coop except worse because we can't do quests?

Like a +5% buff to all stats that accumulates to like +15% the longer they're in that slowly decays to 0% when they leave sounds like it could be neat thing where I'd let them in even if all I was doing was gathering mats but as it is I just don't see the reason.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is it my mouse or something else that's the issue, I often use Amber but when I hold down the mouse button to use her Charged Attack / Aim Mode it often just... Does nothing? I sometimes also feel like for other characters repeatedly trying to click to spam the normal attack it isn't recognizing the inputs, is my mouse maybe hosed?

Is there a particular durable brand of gaming mouse people use for action games like Genshin?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finally made it to Liyue. :toot:

Some of these domains with either the Water Abyss Mages or the Ice ones are sooooo annoying. Getting caught frozen or water bubble just feels awful and completely breaks my flow to try to tap spacebar. :mad:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Mondstadt weapon domain (hydro) and the Mondstadt talent domain (cryo) are literally the two worst domains in the game. Some say Archaic Petra is worse, but I still say it's those two because you can never really avoid doing them.

If you need to run them a bunch, pop into discord and ask in LFG to get a team and someone will take pity on you and help you out. https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Jesus, I definitely felt they were unnecessarily obnoxious.

Thanks! I'll delete an inactive server I'm in and try to join tomorrow. So far I've been doing fine with (Geo) Lumine, Amber, Lisa, and Eula (Main for this domain) at 40-50's (I think Lumine is highest leveled at 57? Eula and Lisa should be at least 50, Amber is stuck at 40 :smith: ) which is about 10-20 levels lower than the recommended (doing the level 59 domain I think?). I've been clearing them but it's very mentally exhausting with how much HP/Shield I feel like I'm needing to chip my way through even with Stat Boosting Foods.

I mostly spam E with Eula switching to Lumine/Amber/Lisa for their E's; Mainly Lisa for the Electro-Cryo reaction and Amber for her Decoy to gather the enemies into Eula's E/Burst range; I use Lumine's Rock Ladder To Heaven to get some Shielding and some damage/knock enemies towards each other and potentially as a means of avoiding the loving bubbles.

Then whenever the Abyss Mages arrive I just FIRE EVERYTHING at them to pop their shields and then focus on them until they die. At that point there's usually only a small handful of nearly dead survivors left.

I've had similar challenges where the Cryo Mage is the last one standing and I fail because it takes too long with a under leveled party to kill them, so I try to arrange it so there's the slimes remaining instead who die quickly when Frozen by Eula.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Eimi posted:

People who play Noelle in the overworld scare me.

You will accept your tea or you will be maid to.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Albedo so far doesn't seem like someone who would inhale toxins.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Rudolf, have you EVER considered that maybe your wife would like for you to just hang out with her for a day instead of you hanging out at the church feeling guilty?

e: Holy poo poo that's escalated quickly. :stare:

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 14, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Give me your lunch money Sucrose. I beat you up in a children's card game!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Wait is Arlecchino a Pyro character not Cryo? Did youtube meme videos lie to me?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tampa Bae posted:

when did anyone ever think she was cryo

The "Furina skills be like" animated video where Furina was scared of her made me think she was cryo.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I gotta watch some videos first to see if I want to empty my primogem savings and right before bed seems like a bad time to pull.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I do like her but my main priority is rounding out my available team, and I have Jean and Eula for Wind and Cryo with Lumine for either Wind or Geo in terms of 5* characters, so her being Pyro has a lot more of my interest then when I thought she'd be competing with Eula.

e: Also my highest level character is Lumine at 70, so its more about the potential team comps at around that level (still in Liyue, I'm slow on the MSQ as I don't have a lot of time after work to do much more than dailies and some mats).

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 24, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Got Keqinq, pretty happy with that. :toot:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Codes here! Get your free primogems here!

RTJUNRSHTAL9 - x60 Primogems, x5 Adventure Experience
CA3BLTURGH9D - x60 Primogems, x5 Adventure Experience
GENSHINGIFT - x50 Primogems and x3 Hero's Wit

So how do these codes work? Is it first come first serve? Where do I put them in?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
100%'d Mondstadt :toot:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Speaking of, I was streaming playing genshin to my friend group and one of them, little poo poo that he is, was making fun of me for maining Lumine/Traveling because he looked up a tier list and pointed out that most of the characters I was playing were bottom tier.

But for me right now Lumine is like aside from Eula, my main DPS character, on average she's dealing around 600 damage per hit (she's level 70), Eula who is 60 is dealing around 700 damage to 800 a hit; while also level 60 Jean is only dealing like 150-200 a hit.

Being currently in Geo mode she often triggers crystallize and gets the shield and can go through some boss or mini-boss encounters without taking damage; in particular I noticed the constructs block various attacks from the Tetis Cube enemies and so on. There are annoyances, often enemies get lifted into the air from the Starsword Meteor ability and it makes it a pain to poo poo them. And the collision on the geo walls thing is kinda dumb and its easy to get stuck on, but in terms of playstyle I'm having fun and not struggling at all anymore (still in Liyue but like World Level like 4).

I guess I don't really figure what the calculation is for the tier lists but I assume especially being an open world action game the tier lists probably mainly for the min-maxer power gamers who want to know what the optimal characters are? But right now Traveler is like my best character most of the time with Eula being great when I can take advantage of cheesing enemies by freezing them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Xun posted:

Lol your friend is an idiot. Tierlists have been garbage in general since the game came out and are also specifically aimed at the endgame dungeon which is beat stuff up in a tiny room with a time limit gameplay rather than more freeform open world exploration. If stuff is working for you in the open world then it works :shrug:

To be clear I don't think my friend was serious, just ribbing me, they don't play the game. In fact they helped me a lot for TCG because apparently their extensive Hearthstone experience is 100% transferable. :haw:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
"Join the Genshin discord!" But I'm at the max number of discords! :saddowns:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The Liyue perfume quest chains got me grinning.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This Childe person seems pretty reliable and helpful, maybe the Futui aren't all bad.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Keqing making me miss RWBY :(

Meanwhile Eula whenever she says one of her voicelines :stare:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A nice QoL feature I think Genshin would be nice to have:

- Autopick up loot. Its annoying sometimes spawning geo constructs and not being able to see or pick up the loot, plus its distracting during combat.
- Let me dismiss geo constructs so i dont auto climb them during combat.
- Heck I get stuck sometimes climbing random trees in combat.

I don't have a good idea about the auto-climbing a climbable object problem as I'm sure some people its an essential part of their combat style to climb and do plunging strikes.

- Let me fight mid air like in Final Fantasy 7 Remake/Rebirth. Keqing seems good for this where if I throw her dagger at a flying enemy I should be able to do a combo in the air I feel.

e: Question, is Barbara generally gauranteed, if not, how do people get mats for their pyro characters or do they just have to make do with Kaeya worst comes to worse? I tried fighting the Pyro regisvine with Eula and she does like no damage to the core thingy you're supposed to pop while Barbara trivially pops it just by standing next to it with her E?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 5, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
You accumulate a surprising amount of primo gems in like a month, esp. with the 90 gems a day thingy doing commissions everyday. But its only like 3 ten pulls. :(

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like the French fandubs I've seen on youtube, adds a certain "I don't know".

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Holy poo poo this Domain is actively malicious in how unfair it is. The enemies you need to kill to reset the already absurdly hostile timer CAN GET STUCK MID AIR IN THE GODDAMN BUBBLES

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

mycot posted:

I think it's just one of the Mondstat weapon (?) Domains where you have to kill an enemy every 30 seconds or so and it's full of Hydro Abyss Mages.

Yeah that one, Domain of Forgery. Its worse because my keyboard keeps bringing me into the character menu on a misclick every once in a while when I'm trying to spam space bar, WHY IS IT SPACEBAR and not the LMB!? This game has some really hostile play ergonomics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Another annoyance is the bubbles I think deal a LOT of damage when they pop, so between the fact that I'm desparately trying to switch between characters for their E/Q's while not getting caught in the bubble, and that hitting the bubbles is the best way to NOT get caught in the bubble this will just shred through my squishier characters; all the while the camera keeps fighting me and zooming in so they're mostly impossible to dodge. :catstare: