Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
So I’ve recently started playing this game and I’m about at the point where I hit soft pity for the event character wishes.

Really torn between the two 5*’s to shoot for, they both look cool. Anyone got a favourite from them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’ve been rolling on the Zhongli banner a couple more sets because Fischl seems to be amazing and buffing her would be cool.

What I’m now at is Fischl C1, Collei C5 and Diana or whatever the last one is called hasn’t dropped.

Perhaps I’ll just start stocking up gems for the next banner.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Hello thread I am once again asking you for a quick breakdown of the available 5* characters because I have no idea what I’m doing.

Last time I lost the 50/50 so I guess this time I’ll actually get what I aim for!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’ve finally done the Rank 35 quest and instantly jumped up from World level 3 to Rank 41 and World level 5. I am wise.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I wanted to try and get to Inazuma shortly after the Liyue boss like the above poster because I’ve got a couple characters that need materials from the bloody islands and are stuck low level.

What’s actually happened is I’m exploring the depths of the chasm and absolutely loving it. Way bigger than I expected. Think I’m just a big caves fan in general. I’ll get to Inazuma one day maybe.

Or not because they keep adding large expansions to the overworld that aren’t quest locked

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Excelzior posted:

wow how dare you do Baizhu dirty like that

Baizhu’s just a colourfully dressed NPC who carries the actual upcoming character, a talking snake, for convenience.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Thank you previous patches and events, for giving me the wishes to get c1 cyno + c6 of everybody else (c like a billion sayu but hey, w/e)

How many wishes was that?!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
With Collei being offered as a permanently available unlock I now have C6 Collei.

This was in no way intended and I think I have a couple of C2 and a handful of C1 characters outside of her, nothing close. I just really wanted Zhongli and had a really weird run of luck.

Fortunately Collei seems to do a good job throwing dendro everywhere so I’m just rolling with it. Never did get Zhongli.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Zenostein posted:

What psycho decided the event spear should use drops from those black knights

Someone tell me there's a ton of them in the desert somewhere, and not just the like, 7 in the chasm.

They do at least drop quite a lot of materials per knight.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
That clip shows the way in from a different teleport point than the one pictured, through a route which may or may not be open depending on whether you unlocked the shortcut when you were first messing around in the chasm.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

They're playing the long game. Once the Traveller gets her story-related powerup that makes her into the best unit in the game, she'll be a mainstay on every team and you'll be hearing her combat barks all the time.

Decent way into the game and I’ve only just discovered there are dozens of fully voiced conversations between paimon and the traveller hidden in the travellers character page. Does it even tell you these exist at any point??

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
To me, a mid game player who in no way plays optimally, Collei has been an awesome introduction to Dendro. Why don’t people get on with her?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Tree Reformat posted:

It's weird how the the Traveler and their backstory/abilities is almost as much of a load-bearing mystery the plot relies on as it does the mysteries of the Ley Lines, Celestia and the gods, The Abyss Order and the Twin and whatnot.

Traveler and Paimon are supposed to be our surrogates to witnessing Teyvat's general weirdness, but they have so many important mysteries to them as well we can't really project on them as much as we would normally be expected to.

Paimon is an ancient smartphone with built in voice commands/Siri and the traveller is on a multidimensional gap year and knows there’ll be hell to pay if they go back home and they lost their sibling.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Venti and Zhongli’s “party every night” and “beloved and efficient ruler of a nation” lives seem to be pretty nice compared to the more recent archons we’ve met.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The next archon’s going to be revealed as suffering from a curse which causes them to spill hot soup down their front every time they try to eat it.

It only gets darker from there.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’m finding myself really unwilling to stop the eternal rain over Maguu Kenki because it’s really easy to vomit out dendro blooms when he’s perpetually waterlogged. Makes it a bit less painful!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I wonder how the cube will work. Having permanent dendro doesn’t seem good for your long term survival prospects.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

they're right about those shaggy sumpter beasts. they will gently caress you up right off a cliff.

Favourite stat in the whole tweet. I’ve lost a character to them before.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Small discovery on the dendro cube I just made.

Once it’s in its recovery state and you’ve used dendro on one of its little charging cores, if you hit the core with pyro (why) you can turn it back off. If you hit it with electro it TURBO CHARGES and fills the bar much faster.

This is ultimately a pointless mechanic because just flipping all 3 cores on quickly will fully charge the meter before it can recover.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

ugh, I clicked on the Guides page on the hoyolab website to claim keys for the stupid hilichurl webpage event thing and the first post was just a pic of Yae bending over

Having interacted with that webpage event in a previous patch I can safely say it’s utterly not worth doing.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got Nahida to 60/70 and took her out in the field for the first time.

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on when I use her, but everything’s dying terrifyingly fast.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well, chucked in 50 wishes to the Childe pot because I was after those 4 stars and got Layla, Thoma and Chongyun as new characters! Nice to get a few new people at once.

Also got a couple of Heizou to bring him to C4 which is fine because I quite like air punchy man.

Now I’m a bit uncertain, I think I actually want Childe, but there’s all these cool newer characters upcoming. Bloody gacha.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Did 60 pulls on Scara.

Got new characters Mona (lost that coin toss then but still cool!), Gorou, Faruzan c2.

And Yanfei went from c0 to c3.

Might leave it there actually, some fun new stuff to try out!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
A very very large amount of hours in I’ve finished Enkanomiya (spelling not guaranteed).

I was staring at the screen flabbergasted when I saw the boss encounter was repeatable.

And that there are character materials locked behind fully completing Enkanomiya?! What the actual gently caress hahahaha

So you have to complete the Monstadt questline, Liyue Questline, unlock Inazuma, unlock Enkanomiya then complete the entirety of Enkanomiya.

To get access to the ability to level up some of the characters in this game.

Unless I’m missing something, that’s insane.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Probably causes spontaneous detonation in older smart phones.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Kale posted:

Holy cow Wandermouches banner seems to be doing pretty well after a few days. I mean yeah but like...holy cow. Especially since his pairing is Itto who is on his 3rd run and I'm not sure where Faruzan rests popularity wise since shes brand new.

To be fair after using him in the dungeon event the urge to for him massively spiked. Floating around firing off energy blasts like I’m in DBZ.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Playing Rhodenia, Kaeya, comedy option 3 at the moment. Filling the screen with summons is fun but honestly takes a couple of turns to get going. Still then you can freeze everything solid l.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The exact mechanics of Nahida remain a mystery to me, all I know is that I link up a bunch of enemies then a lot of colourful numbers start to appear and everything dies.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Really enjoyed the Nahida, Kokomi, Nilou, Collei team from one of the dungeons. Nilou especially seemed a lot of fun.

Don’t know exactly how far in the future if ever I’ll be able to make that team myself but that’s gacha :shrug:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Mix. posted:

So who's good pairs for the Oceanid card? I assume Fischl for reactions and Oz but if I'm going hard into summons would I also want someone like Xiangling?

Mirror maiden seems decent because of the +1 hydro damage debuff when you’ve got multiple summons all dealing small amounts of damage. Either you murder whoever has the debuff or the AI swaps then off to avoid it happening and you’ve essential limited which characters they can finish their turn with.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Do you think there’s a rising sense of resentment among the population that the traveller attends and wins every single major competition.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Anyone got a breakdown on all these rerun characters coming up that seem popular?

How do characters like Hu Tao and Yelan (spelling not guaranteed) play?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Jean’s ability to pickup groups of mooks then turn around and fire them into a lake makes her at least a 6*

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Does genshin have a Christmas event?

I want free gems!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The big events are Chinese new years and their anniversary.

Ooh, I only started playing this summer so I got to see the anniversary but haven’t experienced a Chinese New Year event yet!

How does it play out?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Both Raiden and Ayato look extremely cool and Ayato has been super fun to use in various events. I have a tough choice about who to pull ahead of me.

What sort of teams do they work well in, and how does Raiden play?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I really enjoyed Nilou in the recent dungeon event, definitely one I might pull for later.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well, got Raiden up to 70/70 and took a Nahida, Raiden, Collei, Fischl team out. Artifacts and weapons utterly unoptimised.

Doesn’t seem to matter, everything seems to die in a kaleidoscope of green and purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just got done with the Dain chasm quest and it’s onto Sumeru (ignoring all the times I went over there for bosses, materials and events).

So the gist of the game’s plot is that the traveller, the cryo archon and the abyss order are all independently trying to annihilate God/Celestia, and they’re all just really crap at communicating with each other on this objective.