Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Got KQd, but at least Collei is here. Now I guess I can save for EVERYONE ELSE GODDAMN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Game pretty, I decided to leave the main quest pretty much at the start to go goof around. The new human enemies are lovely in a Prince of Persia way, I really like the grappling effect on the traversal stars, and holy crap everything is so pretty seriously

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Incoherence posted:

I'm pretty sure there's actually different dialogue if you wander off early enough and find a Withering Zone (or the other questline involving them) before Tighnari tells you about them.

I found one but there wasn't any special dialogue aside from the tutorial prompt. I did see some sort of plant being that Paimon was alarmed about but it sounded like I was sequence breaking a little there.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

BORN TO LOOT
SUMERU IS GREAT
Kill Em All 2022
I am tabibito
410,757,864,530 DEAD MUSHROOMS

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Raiden and Dendro MC are a hilarious pair, especially when you add Kazuha or Sucrose and just watch reactions happen. I guess I should actually build Lumine now, she's got assorted artifacts and a Prototype Rancour ever since that one Beidou's fight club quest.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There's even an achievement for not getting hit by it!

The Raiden fight is annoying but not too bad, I hate the Signora fight though. Curse that heat mechanic meant to punish Zhongli havers, I didn't even roll him.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like how after the archon quest you get a quick world quest that's just about you and Paimon being vaguely freaked out at Katheryne

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Am I missing something or you just can't sort artifacts by main stat for the alchemy strongbox conversion? Because holy hell is picking HP goblets and whatnot annoying if you have to check them one by one.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Trying for good substats is the way of madness and Abyss.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RareAcumen posted:

Ei has put so many points into violence that she literally cannot cook. If she were to hold chicken and a mushroom the entire waveform would collapse, like Bennet picking up a 4-leaf clover.

I thought it was more that as the Shogun she wouldn't cook rather than she couldn't. She's got Sara for that, anyway.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Coolness Averted posted:

On the topic of design space and weapons we could see more 'technically uses a weapon from 1 category but their attacks aren't typical for it' like our punchy catalyst monk, or characters like Childe, Ei, and Ito who swap weapons as part of their moveset. Although yeah Itto's club technically isn't a stretch as dramatically different as the other two, especially since there is a club in the claymore weapon pool.
So if a character is supposed to use a gun instead of introducing a whole new weapon category for 1 person, they could just have their sword in their offhand, or a stat stick on their back.

Wasted opportunity if there's no Inazuma-obsessed sword dork in Fontaine or Snezhnaya with a Jetstream Sam gun-powered scabbard.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

frajaq posted:

I have to kill the happy dancing eremite to get this chest...

Do it. Kill her. Take her scarf. DO IT.

And is it just me or are all Hydro-aspected human enemies wearing blindfolds?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Main problem I have with this event so far is that I don't know how any of these characters work aside from like, Fischl and XQ and Sucrose. Yelan dice? Kokomi water thing? Whatever, rack up camera charges and start killing.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Clarste posted:

Unlikely since she has a generic character model.

Obviously she has to run around and get some experience with her Vision before she becomes full anime.
She should keep the axe though :black101:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Xinyan and Cooler Xinyan will be on a team.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

On one hand, artifact RNG. On the other, the bleeping Mondstadt talent domain.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RareAcumen posted:

I much prefer Al Haitham with a space but I guess it's just them running out of room for the name that way.

The Spanish localization names him "Alhacén", which is the historical Spanish spelling for the RL scholar he's named for.

It's better than calling Childe "Nobile" tbh

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know any reference or what they're basing things on, I just think it looks better to read and that's all I have as my reasoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Haytham

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The anime won't be canon if it has Aether as the MC. :colbert:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Give Aloy more constellations pls

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Barbara's new voice lines are ideal because playing her is depressing in the first place

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Leathal posted:

Is there a ton of required questing between the Liyue boss and not-Japan? Or can I just go there (and if so, how)?

Beat said boss last night and was excited to see the new area today but the game instead is sending me all over the place with some blond guy who is being incredibly unsubtle about the fate of the MC’s sibling. I like that the main plot is finally coming back but it almost feels like I accidentally started a long side quest chain that has nothing to do with the new region.

It's not too far, but you need to start a quest because not-Japan is surrounded by storms and you can't just Kaeya-bridge your way into it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

BabyRyoga posted:

Kinda like how every idiot [...] content creator on the internet acted offended

Bad faith is how things are. :negative:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I got Mona'd... in the standard banner. Candace showed up in 20 rolls and I'm good until Nahida.

EDIT: lmao Lumine's love life

Traveller fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 28, 2022

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They have learned that titles like those get them clicks.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Of those in the know not many people are particularly weirded out about the Traveler being able to use elements (more than one, at that) without a Vision either.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

It's a gacha game, you unlock characters by rolling for them on the gacha (and Klee is a limited character not in the current banner so you can't actually get her now) There are some characters you're guaranteed to get, but only a few of them.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'd still like a new/permanent Labyrinth Warriors though.

And bring back Shiki Taishou :getin:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Eimi posted:

Dottore has split himself in multiple parts. It's possible he doesn't even know what all of his fragments are doing.

Or maybe he's just giving himself plausible deniability in case things go tits up. IIRC Tartaglia is supposed to show up in Sumeru, and the good doctor might not have Snezhnaya's blessing in this.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

x1o posted:

Finished the Archon quest finally and made a dent in the new event. Looking forward to drop kicking that douche Scaramouche into a volcano or something in the future.

Also before any additional endgame content is added I want Mihoyo to fill in this bit of the map because it's been annoying me since I started playing:

what secrets are you hiding there?!

There's mention of a port in the event quests, maybe there's a Mondstadt Part 2 in the line or that's just a piece of Fontaine.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They can't even give the MC the ability to switch elements on the fly, and that is a ability they have in cutscenes.

I lucked out with DMC/Yoimiya/Raiden/Kazuha as a comfortable Sumeru exploration team. Collei might've been more helpful than DMC, but those mushrooms are annoying to get.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Who is commissioning "jump on mushrooms for a while" jobs with the guild, anyway

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't like the "many 2-character teams" gimmick, always feels like I'm missing out on something.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bennett hit Friendship 10! Now I can kick him out of the teapot.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Alhaitham will come, eventually, some day

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I just dump a bunch of Cryo powers on it and it dies :shrug:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Rana's kit should include her axe. If Heizou gets away with being a punchman (catalyst) then she can be axe (spear) or something.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The good thing about not caring about Benny is that I'm going to pull the trigger on that C6 and forget about him. More Razor constellations are fine by me though and maybe I'll get more use of Noelle beyond tanking giant vishap attacks.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Nyoro posted:

my wish: Dehya to stomp on me

-10 Dunyarzad points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I had been frankly Genshin'd out and had stopped doing events and stuff, now I come back, get Nahida in 40 rolls and of course the game hits me with split Mondstadt/Liyue commissions with two of the longer talky ones :negative: At least she's super cute.