Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

Does this also apply to Thundering Fury’s bonus reaction damage? That would explain why I haven’t seen people outfitting their Fischl or Shinobu with that for hyperbloom or burgeon teams since they’re off-field.

The bonus reaction damage still applies if the character is off-field. As a rule of thumb anything that's a passive effect like that will still work, and its events that are triggered that will not unless stated otherwise.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Weapon passives do work from off field though.

This doesn't work as a rule though, the same rule of thumb applies to weapon passives. For example the sacrifical and favonious weapon effects both require the character to be onfield to trigger the passive.

hit button fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The quicken reactions are added flat damage, so you have EM (and stuff like the TF setbonus) only affecting that added portion, and ATK only affecting the triggering hit portion. On the other hand, dmg% and crit will scale both sides. Given that its easy to see how TF might start falling behind other options (e.g. stuff that's heavier on dmg%) although its likely going to change a lot depending on stuff like buffs and the stat balance of the reaction triggerer. Disclaimer i have done zero maths looking at this.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

(seriously why don't hydro mage shields have any real weakness?)

They do now! :science:

6 Dendro gauge units will break a hydro abyss mage shield, which is equally good as Pyro vs cryo, or hydro vs pyro.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Noelle really wants her last constellation to be a strong main carry character, and is also extremely hungry for energy while having terrible energy generation. You can absolutely make her work if she's your favorite but I wouldn't recommend focusing on her to a new player (although she can fill a supporting healer role just fine).

Ninguang, or a physical damage Xiangling with a crafted crescent pike, should work significantly better straight out of the box.

Don't trust website tier lists or stuff like that, most of them are lovely clickbait. I'd recommend joining the discord linked in the OP and asking questions there. You can then sift useful info from the several paragraphs of argument which will inevitably follow.

I'd strongly recommend pulling on the current Zhongli banner. He will not help your immediate problem of lacking a strong damage main, but he will solve basically all your defense issues forever.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You don't have to go to those specific locations, you can take the pictures anywhere.

For the "attacking" ones I think it only counts specific attack animations that the monsters do. You can just aggro them then keep them in frame, and the camera ui will show you when the photo will count.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I'd been assuming it was meant to be the akasha ear thingy spawning when you entered Sumeru but it wasn't working properly.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The standard banner "pity" does exist, you cannot get 3x 5 star characters or 3x 5 star weapons in a row. You're guaranteed to get one of the other category after 2 in a row. The same guarantee exists for four stars on the standard banner.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

"100%" exploration is really significantly less than 100%.

(My current total is 5,037 chests)

hit button fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 21, 2023

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Beidou has a weird niche in that the optimal situation for her damage is when you're aoeing exactly 2 targets, where generally every other character is either single target focused, or scales with a larger number of targets. Anyway that's kinda relevant right now because it makes her great vs the sacred beast duos at the end of the current abyss.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You're definitely not gimping yourself if you choose to save, you can easily clear everything outside high abyss floors using only the free characters and craftable weapons.

I would advise saving during this banner, even though that can feel bad when you dont have many characters/weapons. Wriothsley doesn't seem very impressive, and while Venti is a great character in some unique ways, he isn't really a powerhouse pick that enables you able to tackle hard content. More importantly for a newer account, the featured four stars are really unimpressive. Thoma is the only one that has a good use, and even then its for a niche composition. You could easily end up spending a lot of wishes on these banners without meaningfully increasing the strength of your account.

Still, if you decide you want to pull despite all that, its not really the end of the world. There are still an absolute ton of wishes you can farm from all the uncompleted content.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

It's a decent ER stat stick. You could definitely have worse weapons on Benny. The only real issue being it isn't Favonius Sword.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Tighnari is pretty decent but lmao at linking a comparison video where every 5 star is C6 with signature weapon.

This kind of stuff is why people start thinking this extremely free to play game is expensive.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah, characters being bad vs their bosses is basically the rule not the exception.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

my hot takes are
eula is not very good but i like her a lot anyway.
it is good there are more different world bosses to fight, rather than fewer.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You can just go fight it for a laugh and not spend any resin. Most bosses even have a few primos to mine by getting achievements doing stupid stuff in their fights.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't think I'd roll on anyone for aesthetics alone.

Found the person playing genshin wrong.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

There are generally tells for mechanics, like eula and neuville's cloaks lighting up when they're fully stacked etc. For Furina's burst the little dudes popping up at the bottom seem to be signalling something about stack count, although I'm not sure exactly which thresholds they do it at.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I'd prefer fav sword over the fishing weapon for Furina on most of her teams. She should have enough crit to proc it reliably, she's pretty energy hungry, and so are her best healing supports. It's even a good aesthetic match.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

That does cut both ways though, with Dehya being able to get positive effects from the taking damage trigger (e.g. from Vourukasha's Glow), where Furina drain doesn't.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I think if you dont really want the 5 star but do really want a banner 4 star, its reasonable to tempt fate with a few pulls. As long as you don't go too crazy with it, the worst case is that you get a cheap featured 5 star.

In terms of pure mechanical power/pull value I'd rate Ayato quite a lot higher than Cyno. He has a decent amount of versatility and can bring value to a variety of comps, where Cyno is one of the weakest 5 star carries who is basically pigeonholed into comps purely supporting him.

Something else that might influence your decision: while most of Kuki's constellations don't matter very much, her C2 is *very* important for hyperbloom comps, both in terms of objective damage output and subjective gamefeel.

hit button fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 12, 2023

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

There are a small few Fontaine tracks that have felt kind of out of place, but I think that's just an inevitable cost of them experimenting a bit. I've really loved a bunch of the music, and the more ambient underwater stuff in general has great vibes.

A couple of my favorites so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPpO4-qBIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENy9JiEaixM

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah, adding deepwood to a hyperbloom comp will boost its damage a lot, but your electro trigger is absolutely the last place you should choose to put it.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

My experience from this event, and the last one like it, is the same as No Wave's. I suspect its fake randomness rigged to give you a single complete set each day, and not require any gifting unless you miss days or want to clear out the rewards faster.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Hello thread, I am once again asking for your help.

I think the fight you're having trouble with is 3 abyss mages - pyro, hydro and cryo - and a hydro abyss herald?

Your artifacts etc look generally fine to me for the purpose of doing story content, altho there's obviously tons of room for improvement. I think an electro heavy composition it quite awkward for that particular fight, but we can work around that.

That could definitely be a pretty rough fight, the pyro mage's attacks specifically are going to deal a lot of damage, especially if you're affected by any of the other elements in the fight. And the cryo mage is obviously capable of freezing you if you're wet so you can't dodge.

The key is really going to be breaking all of the abyss mages shields as fast as possible. That will stop them attacking for a short period in which you should be able to kill them pretty easily.

In your party you have dendro which is strong against hydro shields, but don't have the best answers to pyro shields (weak to hydro) or cryo shields (weak to pyro). However the fight is set up so you should be able to swirl all the mages shields against each other, breaking them all quite quickly.

The mages will start a little bit spread out, but if you run out of their range then they will all teleport toward you and should group up quite closely. You can then use Jean's skill to swirl them. If that's too slow then you could also try switching to anemo traveller, since their skill has a low cooldown and also swirls a bit more effectively.

Electro is going to be really bad for breaking any of the shields, and also for breaking the hydro heralds shield, so I'd strongly consider benching Keqing and Fish. Dendro and Cryo are both effective vs Hydro shields, and most of the fight is going to revolve around that, rather than doing conventional damage (Shields only care about how much element you're applying, rather than how much damage you're doing, so low level and badly geared characters can still be very effective). I'd suggest bringing your Ganyu and Diona. Diona also brings extra healing and a shield which should help a lot with survival.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Oh and don't forget you can use food for buffs and healing!

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Eimi posted:

You don't even need to time it truly. E, swap, supports, is gonna be about 6 seconds and buffs generally last 10~ which is her field time. It works out pretty naturally. It also lets her use Kazuha which Hu Tao and Yoimiya just can't.

Arle will make it more straightforward, but hu and yoi can both absolutely make use of vv/kazuha. In hu's case particularly its a popular comp.

I think you're right that arle will probably *just work* but it is possible that some teams would end up with her consuming debt before the second tick if you're not careful, which would really heavily punish you (25% vs 70% BoL).

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I use AkashaScanner to export completed achievements from the game, then import them to seelie.me to browse uncompleted stuff.

https://github.com/xenesty/AkashaScanner

https://seelie.me/achievements

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Gaming really really benefits from having c6 bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

She's just a nice lady