Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Can't wait to finally roll Mona and not ever see Tighnari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Tighnari came home in my first 10, and the goddamn 4* took another 50.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Drop rates of new enemy materials are not pissing me off. Definitely listened to feedback.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Well... I finally read the tooltip on the fungi. Switching to a freeze comp + Tighnari to avoid activating those almonds.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

You still get the standard powder even if you scorch (pyro) or activate (electro) them. It's just a lower chance than if you killed them without doing it.

It's a much lower chance. Like worse than spectre balls and handguards.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
The next Collab: The Muppet's Animal as a reskinned hillichurl.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

Hakushin on Kokomi?

I've had proto amber on her with clam and her bubble pops are regularly 45k+ during burst.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I killed the three rajas this afternoon just in time to get to rank 2 and do the weekly bounties/requests.

Pretty hilarious that a world quest you can do in 5 minutes (and I had already accidentally killed two of the animals) gives as much standing as one of the multi-stage hours-long Aranara quests.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

The music for the final battle of the Aranara world quest is really cool, and I really liked the setpiece. I'm a little annoyed that you are forced to be solo Traveler for it, but I guess that's the best way they figured to have the fight have the flow and impact it's designed for without a super-whale bursting in and one shotting everything. I hope Rana becomes playable some day too.

The next time we see her she's going to be dressing like a loving maniac and have a totally different face.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Checks out. It must be the Vision itself that starts to corrupt your fashion sense over time. And when we meet the people from Inazuma who've had theirs confiscated, they dress normally, so I guess it isn't permanent.

Fischl is an exception. I assume she's just always dressed like that.

It must be really hard for the Knights and other organizations dominated by vision-holders to maintain uniform standards when having superpowers means you're obligated to dress like you're in a music video.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I don't know what I'm missing, but apparently I've got less than half the Aranara back home. Are all the Arayanka epilogue chests openable or are there a bunch of the little guys left over for 3.1?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Have you been using Electro on those watchtowers that spot the Withering zones?

Oh... Oh no...

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

A meme about 'new US VAs if the anime takes off'

I would roll for Venti if Charlie Day voiced him
"Stormterror in the sky, eh? Okay, now you're talkin' my language! You know what happened? I bet it drank some poison blood, turned evil and terrorized the sky."

The new character preview page really does sell the Venti rerun. As you cycle through the characters, they start monologuing about battle, their ideals, etc. in determined voices. Then you get to Venti, and he opens with "I LIKE TO DRINK!"

It's always sunny in Monstadt.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Not sure I recognize this character, is this supposed to be the ghost shrine maiden thats helping you with the torii gate cleansing?

That character had a mob face and didn't have a huge pyro vision earring.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I'm at 75 pity with no guarantee and over 200 pulls in the bank. If I lose the coin flip I'm terrified of not having enough to guarantee Nahida, but I'm gonna roll the dice anyway because that's what a man does.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
NA servers are up.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
gently caress Cyno's poo poo beetles are somehow worse than onikabuto.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Isomermaid posted:

I'm kind of lost with character unlocking, I've just got to the first chance to do a story quest (Klee) and went through the whole thing and I was kind of expecting it to unlock Klee at the end of it but it didn't... And just now scrolling to make sure I'm not seeing her somewhere I have Candace unlocked instead...

Have I got the way this works completely backwards somehow?

If this game didn't have a gacha business model, that would be a really good way to handle unlocks.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Clarste posted:

Sometimes I wonder if many characters are actually designed without any particular weapon in mind and that's decided later in the process. Other than archers with special charge attacks, most characters don't actually use their weapons in their skill animations anyway? So, like, someone who's not holding a weapon looks like they could be a catalyst user because they're not holding a weapon, but then they could end up with spear with absolutely no change to their kit or design.

Most characters use their weapons in their Q at least.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

SiKboy posted:

If they arent going to put a full on cave map in the game (which they really should, the interlocking cave system under the desert is massive, and I got very lost several times trying to find the other side of connecting doors to open them) I would at the very least appreciate an indicator on the map if a teleport point or domain is underground or above ground. Would just save a bit of time when I get the weasel chasing commission and I jump to the nearest teleport point... then have to open the map back up to jump to the nearest *above ground* teleport point

I put markers on my map next to underground points.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I think getting the underground map as a reward for the Soheil quest chain would be cool.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

ReVerve posted:

Those parents are right, the mural should be depicting children with bullet wounds and the message should be 'Good Luck staying Healthy'. Maybe work in some poor children being denied access to healthcare, etc....

The welcoming good vibes just don't fit with american midwest reality.

How many fedoras were you wearing when you typed this?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

Tsaritsa will be the only cryo catalyst in the game, calling it now.

Tsaritsa will cause the Dragonspine sheer cold effect on enemy mobs.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I've been playing since launch and buying the welkin/bp every month just treating it like a service game. Never bought primos straight up. I have every character except Xiao and Mona(!).

Also never roll on weapon banner and never go for constellations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

A new kind of mushroom that gives you poo poo drops if you ever hit it with dendro.

Honestly the activated fungi giving you useless drops is the biggest downside to hyperbloom.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

so Genshin is a stealth Book of the Long Sun adaptation?

Other twin is Severian. It's canon now.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Pretty annoyed I can't just force Scaramouche to keep his name. I'm still going to deadname him in my head though.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Was Hu Tao's rap as bad in the other languages as it is in English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I would whale if there was a gacha item that replaced Paimon with Itto.