Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

must protecc radish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol got Jean with my failed 50/50

and yeah Fischl X3 on the way

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol got Jean with my failed 50/50

and yeah Fischl X3 on the way

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Genshin 3.0 : Ocarina of lime

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finally got done unlocking requests/bounties for Sumeru

Ugh. At least now I can take it easy and just spend my resin daily while I gradually get the rest of the exploration done

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

frajaq posted:

why does Katheryne sounds EVEN MORE robotic in Sumeru...

_________________ :allears: ________________

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yeah Aranyaka is a massive quest chain

easily took me 10 hours

worth it. Sumeru has some of the best quest design and writing, and it ties all of the areas together with the power of the Ocarina Lyre

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 5, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AG3 posted:

You can change your team loadout inside the domain by walking up to a Door of Resurrection and hitting the Use key if you get stuck with a team that lacks a required element.

fuuuuuuuu

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Seems like you can only get up to lvl 5 Statues right now. I'm pretty sure I have every Dendroculus and I'm at 14/30 through level 5. The rest are somewhere in the desert.

yeah you can only get level 4-5 statue, 40% exploration and 4 shrines
the rest will be unlocked with the desert and (presumably) a 3rd map off-world like The Chasm and Enko later on

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 27, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

reached reputation 3. The gadget is instant activation with a 15 second cooldown, instantly harvests all trees close to you. the radius isnt that big; so it has limited potential. Works well with like the bamboo forests in Liyue because the trees are close together

:shrug: 5/10, I'll whip it out from time to time

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

look in your aranyaka log in the quest item tab

...and yeah there's a LOT to do

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it feels like Bloom and Burning just suck? My Dendro MC is 100% all about proc'ing Quicken/Aggravate

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

You already have a 4 star dendro bow girl you'll get for free and might pull more copies of her while going for your 5 star. So go for Zhongli unless you're just in love with bow boy's aesthetic. You can fit him into almost any team, and he's a cool dude.

osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember...

Mix. posted:

Bloom is probably going to be better once we start getting characters designed with it in mind, like Nilou; Quicken teams feel good just bc it feels like half of Inazuma was one giant seed (heh) for Dendro :v:

Burning tho got nerfed in the beta pretty heavily which has people wondering if there's a payoff in the pipe we just don't know yet that wouldve made it busted or if they were just afraid and played it (too) safe

interesting and I hope it pays off because right now I definitely keep my Pyros in the reverse Melt team instead

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 29, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is she a 4 or 5 star?

https://twitter.com/hxg_diluc/status/1544615111041564672

probably going to be a banner with 5* Nilou if you ask me

VVV okay disregard that, seems we have a more recent leak

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 29, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

My only issue with the Dendro ziplines is that, if playing with a controller, it's very easy to gently caress up and do a plunge attack instead (because you have to let off L for a moment before hitting L+X again, and if you either do it too quickly or don't remove your finger from L beforehand it does a plunge attack because of the X).

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kazuha's plunging attacks break all rocks in an aoe in two hits (one for iron) with a ridiculously short CD :shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Is this a thing? I can't recall any time I needed Pyro for anything but unsealing those Ruin machines and the standard torches.

scorched starshrooms (sometimes called "shriveled starshroom") are demanded by some of the scattered world quest Aranaras

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 30, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I just dodge through the rings :confused:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Zenostein posted:

Not more than once, at any rate.

Although it is kinda nice that both acts only really take place in 3 cities, and you don't really need to go anywhere. It's not until you do the anara stuff that you've got to wander all over creation.

Incidentally, I've finished the archeon quest, talked to the reputation guy, and I still can't seem to set my comission location to sumeru. What do I need to do to unlock that? I'm only reputation 1, so perhaps it requires being level 2 and unlocking bounties?

you get the quest to unlock commissions after doing the archon quest, but only on the next reset at 4 am

rep is only to unlock Requests and Bounties

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Well it took 80 rolls, and I lost the flip and wound up with a constellation for Qiqi, of all things. But it was a fluke to unlock her so early in the first place, and I got three constellations for Fischl along the way, so I can't be too salty. This gives me enough glitter to buy Xingqiu the moment he rotates in, too.

Now I guess I just hope for Kazuha or the Shogun or someone to show up before too long so I can cash in my guarantee, then.

we *just* had Kazuha, it will be nearly a year before he comes by again

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ganyu, Nahida, Dehya and Raiden Shogun in case of a rerun are my targets for the coming patches

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Rexxed posted:

I found some of the new weapon recipes in Sumeru. For the Forest Regalia (claymore), Sapwood Blade (sword), King's Squire (bow), Moonpiercer (polearm), and Fruit of Fulfillment (catalyst), after you finish up the Vanarana quest chain and unlock the Tree of Dreams, there's a Aranara named Aravinay to the right of the path right by the Tree that has them available for pages of "Story of You and the Aranara" that I assume you got from turning in all those quests helping them out.

The location is probably common knowledge but I don't read a lot about the game unless I get stuck on something. Heck it took me a while to find the silapna to re-enter which is of course right in Vanarana to the NE of the main pool. The weapons themselves have a kind of wood and leaf and gold dendro motif. No idea if they're good but they use new billets.

you can convert old billets, if you have any in excess, to new ones with Dream Solvent

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

listen im going to feed that dog everytime I log in for the mora and mats regardless :colbert:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Incoherence posted:

Is there even a way to farm the new billets yet aside from the conversion recipe? There's no new weekly boss for Sumeru yet (presumably it'll show up in 3.1 or 3.2 or something).

there's one of each as rewards on the various levels of the new tree you give your sigils to (the tree of Dreams)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Do what now?

There's a spot you can stand on in Inazuma to guarantee the "Feed a starving animal" event that gives companion xp, mora and like 1-3 weapon mats in exchange for 1 X Fowl

So I just always log out there to proc it on log-in. Look for a Sweet Flower spawn

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

well now I want all of the characters as Aranaras /w appropriate reactions

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kale posted:

What's up with this kind of stupid Adventure in the Forest Web Event thing? Like I know it's obviously to try to generate traffic on Hoyolab, but why can't I claim any of the prizes and there's just this forever counter counting down and then resetting the next day that keeps telling me to come back later? Like do I have to claim it at an exact specific time window within like a minute or something cause gently caress that honestly that's just dumb if that's the case but it's kind of the only conclusion I've come too.

that's exactly it, either you

1 - Log in exactly at the reset time before anyone else can claim the extremely limited daily inventory of guaranteed prizes

OR

2 - you press the "plant 30 seeds" slot machine and hope to get a payoff (lol, lmao)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

xingqiu is in paimon's shop all of september along with ningguang

august was baidou/noelle

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fischl is the most anime character and her voiceover lines rule with how over-the-top they are

Wings of Darkness, come, sever the night from day!!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

every time I see a flat stat roll I die a little inside

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

score the dream artifact with er/crit/crit dmg/%attack

it all rolls into ER

:shrug:

allright I guess

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

I'm starting to strongly suspect that kusanali will be a healer...

if she's Dendro Kokomi I would be fine with that

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

frajaq posted:

Man we really do send Paimon away for awhile just to murder Alphonso :stare: I guess a promise is a promise...

alternatively if you choose to banish him you later find evidence he got torn to shreds by riftwolves over in the Lost Nursery

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mailer posted:

Someone in here said 10 hours and man was that a low estimate. It just never ends. It's not even inazuma bad with the dialogue bloated to all hell. There's legitimately just that much poo poo to do and everything has to fork into three. It's mandatory for exploration reasons, too, which is extra weird.

to be fair I said "easily 10 hours" and I had just pulled an all-nighter grinding out rep 2 in the first 48 hours

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah they're still missing a few of them like Garcia's Paean, Gourmet Supremos: Within Our Duties, and Cost-Effective Hook but it's better than nothing and they've got screenshots to guide you where and what specifically.

afaik those are all linked to prerequisite sumeru commissions so they won't hlep with unlocking rep 2 :(

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cryo is the evil element and we will not get a catalyst until 5* Tsaritsa in the endgame

prove me wrong, mihoyo.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just give me a crystal top-up reset so I can use the power of my wallet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh boy I get to fill out XQ while getting Ganyu? Sign me the gently caress up

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

also, rumors that dori will be free in a later event, so dont worry if you dont get her on these banners

the way I look at it at worst ill get a free constellation so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what the fuuuuuck my primos :qq: