Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

rio posted:

Amazing how Cloud Retainer went from my most anticipated character back when we knew nothing except she looked like Fu Hua, and is a bird mom, to me being totally disinterested and wanting to skip her. One is loving livid.

My first thoughts are they had to offset her being highly anticipated by making her kit worse. Kind of an inverse of Kazuha who we didn't know anything about when his banner came around so they gave him grouping, mid-air jump and an overall cracked kit.

The whole plunge attack archetype they keep trying to make happen is interesting though. Plunge attacks can be powerful, but I think they've been trying to ensure it can't get abused so the characters focused on it usually have something dialed back. Kazuha has plunge attacks part of his E but plunge attacks are not the focus of his kit. I'm interested to see when we finally get enough pieces to make an amazing plunge attack team but that could be sometime in 2 years when they release the next plunge attack character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

rio posted:

If you haven’t been to Meropide in the story yet can you even finish the event quest?

Yes you can finish the event. I just slammed through the entire fountain archon quest after finishing the muskets event.

There's some cave you can swim into to get to meropede. I ended up doing that as one of the first things Fontaine by chance while exploring underwater and filling out teleport points.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

rio posted:

I feel like I’m never going to finish the Fontaine archon quests because of Meripide. Or that if I did it that I would end up quitting again, which might be the more probable thing since whenever I feel like I’m not having fun I just uninstall and then come back like six months later. It’s a shame because I really liked act 1 and 2 but I literally haven’t heard one positive thing about Meropide and it sounds like it has exactly all the bullshit I don’t like.

I finished it recently and the Meropide portion took about a day while I was reading all the text. What frustrated me was getting blocked from continuing the archon quest further on by the "A Certain Notice" quest chain.

The good news is you can just go fight Fontaine world boss before finishing the archon quest to start farming up the weekly drops. That freed me up to largely take my time with the archon quest as I really liked this set of archon quests even when the Meropide portion started to drag.

Fighting the world boss early is a bit spoilery, but rushing through the archon quest takes away from the enjoyment of it.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Dense multi-layer enclosed vertical spaces are always a pain in the rear end to navigate, since the map doesn't do verticality well. It's annoying to figure out/remember which waypoint is on what layer and closest to where you're trying to go. Meripode is a great example of how irritating it can get.

The vertical map (or lack there of in Sumuru) got me to quit back around when Star Rail came out. Being able to toggle between the layers is such a huge quality of life improvement, and got me to stick around when I got curious about seeing Fontaine.

I hope they further improve it by giving us Metroid prime style 3D maps. Especially if they plan on doing more zones like Meropide.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Just did all the lantern rite quests that are available and mini games on the lunar New Year :dukedog:

The bumper cars mini-game feels like a miss. It was funny running up to other players and turning on the bumper mode to knock them out lol

Gaming was great too, I love the big cutscenes for the lantern rite event and this one was bombastic which fit with the big demon-looking centerpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

I've been running Yoi, Ei, Chevy, and prinzessin der verurteilung. It's super fun in the overworked with overloads popping off constantly. Would recommend