Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/Genshinmem/status/1559922608703176704

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hellioning posted:

I stopped playing shortly after the first map expansion and am potentially interested in coming back because the objectively best element is finally going to be playable. Is this a good idea? How is the Inazuma story?

I really enjoyed it as a new player, but some of the older players were not fans of it according to the last few pages of the prior thread.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Nilou being so specific has me sad, so I hope that there are more general uses for her because I love her design/animations, same with Candace.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Nyoro posted:

Yo are Tighnari(sp) and Collei actually good characters or what?

Collei is a good support, though Dendro Traveler might actually be better, which is a first. Tighnari is...he's a single targeted focus Ganyu that doesn't provide anything supportive to the party. I don't have him but he has that one role and that's about it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Incoherence posted:

I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

Jean but alas, standard banner.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

Yeah I guess we have our answer for what completes Yae Mikos kit now. Gives credence to the leak that she's apparently supposed to show up in 3.2 for some contest in Sumeru and that she'll be getting a rerun then.

If she brings her girlfriend along as a rerun that will be a painful banner for me.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Really impressed with the Archon quest.

Speculation on future: Dottore is going to come up with the cure for Collei and Dunyarzad and everyone else. The price will be the gnosis. Kusanali will pay it for the sake of her people.

I don't think Kusnali has her gnosis. The way of it she's controlled by the Akaedymia so I assume it's already not in her possession. She by her own estimate is incredibly weak for an archon, to the point where she couldn't shut down the dream harvesting without help. For something that's controlled by her gnosis, to me that signals it's out of her hands. What I hope is that the Akaedymia is being evil of their own accord, instead of already working with Snezhnaya. Also going off the manga Dottore's cure for eleazar is sticking a fragment of a dead evil god in you, given that's why Collei didn't suffer from it when she was kidnapped.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

So I’ve recently started playing this game and I’m about at the point where I hit soft pity for the event character wishes.

Really torn between the two 5*’s to shoot for, they both look cool. Anyone got a favourite from them?

Zhongli by a country mile. It's not even close. Zhongli is one of the single strongest characters you could get. His shield is ridiculously strong, has a res shred, and he's easy to build and works with pretty much any combination of characters imaginable.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

5 star pyro claymore is all we know for sure. The sus leaked kit looks fun so I hope it's true.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also as a minor utility, hey can command all ore veins to immediately shatter. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Trying to put together an aggravate team is suffering because anemo is so good with it, but I hate running without a healer/shielder. Jean would be perfect with that in mind, and it makes missing her/how hard she is to ever get sting more.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

So much of Sumeru open world content requires Dendro and/or strongly encourages a bow, like sniping Withering Zone branches or those big Dendroculus targets. I didn't realize for a while how much Tighnari made it a non-issue. I imagine Collei helps the same with puzzles, but she doesn't wreck poo poo like Tigh.

Aggravate with Fischl. She's ascended to basically being a 5 star like Xingqiu and Xiangling. She's so incredibly strong with it, it's really nuts.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The trials awards enough mats for that first ascension. Well aside from crystals.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I am so trash at the Raiden boss fight and since there's no new weekly it, and Traveler and Collei use...pain. Even with Zhongli I can't handle it without a couple of deaths and stuffing my party full of chickens to crawl across the finish line. Maybe it will get easier when I have an aggravate team built to have electro for the one shot, but I'm missing way too much to think of taking them in now.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

Stacking more HP on Zhong and leveling his shield to the max will probably help more. Raiden can't crack the shield on my Zhong before it refreshes.

It's level 8 and he's full hp build, I'm just really bad. He's only 80/80 I didn't take him through that last ascension yet. Also he's got like 46k hp.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people generally just stacking health on Zhongli for the shield, or doing some kind of mix to get some damage from his burst? or does it just kinda depend on what i need more...

I don't really have any great spears. I have The Catch for him right now

General use is hp for shield, use the Black Tassel for it's massive hp bonus.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Are there any rumors about which patch Alhaitham might be added in? I’m assuming he will be, he has “you’re gonna make it rain primos for this dude” written all over him.

I’m a sucker for “the cool guy” characters

Afaik there are no rumors for when he will release, current speculation is up to 3.3 and it has 3.1 Nilou and Cyno, 3.2 Kusanali, 3.3 The Mooch Beyond that we don't have many rumors, though I hear a lot of Baizhu for 3.3. All I care about is when will they let me spend all the primos ever on Dehya? It's extremely homophobic I can't yet.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 31, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

3.0 is kind of a light introduction to Sumeru banners with basically the equivalent of Keqings limited banner in Tighnari and another Ganyu and Kokonuts rerun before it gets potentially very dicey till at least 3.4 it seems. These arent including the potential for likely Eula, Yae, Hu Tao, Shenhe, and possibly even Raiden reruns in the mix as well as the characters that have gone longest without reruns now off the top of my head. This is with the reduced release schedule as well and the refreshed top off bonus coming up in the next month. Kind of feels like Mihoyo putting the squeeze on players for the first time since that Yae, Raiden, Ayato, Ayaka, Yelan bonanza all within the spawn of a few months.

Some characters I really want have potential reruns coming up and I want the new characters and oh it's going to be so painful.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So much I want... Kokomi, Nilou, Kusanali, Dehya, Eula, Raiden, and Ayaka are all units I want a lot. Dehya being the top of that but like...and then I also want Shenhe, Yae, and Ayato whenever they show up. :shepicide:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Early leaked footage of Kusanali's leaked burst

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I loved Nilou in the quest too much to not go for her, and I love hydro characters, and the way bloom works makes me think I need Kokomi so like two characters I really want back to back, while I don't like how Nilou's talents lock her into one specific team comp, I do look forward to people breaking her out of it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Oh poo poo Candace looks rad as hell, too. I mean the whole spear+shield thing is always cool, but while it's likely she was made to complement Nilou, her focus on buffing teammates' elemental normal attacks also means she'll be a fantastic teammate for Ayato

Was already going to try to get her just for her cool aesthetic so that's a nice bonus.

Sadly, at least on the beta she has no synergy with Nilou. Their infusions don't stack or buff the other. It's a big shame. She's kind of without a clear home unless they introduce a pyro XQ or Yelan.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Oh weird, do Nilou's infused attacks not count as normal attacks, then? I was mostly looking at Candace's ability to make teammates' elemental normal attacks do increased damage with her Q, and Ayato's infused attacks after his E count as normal attacks so I thought Nilou's might too

It's not a buff she just infused hydro. Think less Hydro Yun Jin and more Hydro Chongyun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The sword is probably the most useful? It has a pretty high attack, er, and gives an em bonus. A lot of good stats plenty of sword users might want.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

there's one of each as rewards on the various levels of the new tree you give your sigils to (the tree of Dreams)

Notably the sword is first.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rexxed posted:

I made a Sapwood Blade just to check it out but even the first ascension is Copper Talisman of the Forest Dew which is in Domain of Forgery: Tainted Clouds which is M/Th/Su. I'll have to upgrade tomorrow.

I do want to make it just so I won't have to remember to swap my fav sword between Bloomine and Kazuha.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/x33lnp/new_collab/

Monetization intensifies.

Also another leak for 3.1 and gonna put this in spoilers but:

I would say that increases the likelihood of a Eula rerun next month pretty readily.

Oh no....someone I really really want.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm curious what artifact set to build Fischl with now, for an aggravate team. I'm working on even getting artifact exp to get Bloomine and her arti's 20, atm I just have Keqing with full 20 so I don't feel that comfortable fielding the team yet. (Also Bloomine is still missing two usable arti's from the dendro shred set.)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah at least with huge crit damage when you do crit the number is big which provides dopamine.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is it, though? I know the reactor is the best place to finish the route, but most artifact spots in inazuma only drop 1 artifact. Lots of what I’ve seen in sumeru drop 2, but i’m not sure if they respawn.

Speaking of artifact routes, does anyone have an updated/good one, by updated I mean 2.8ish since I have to assume Sumeru isn't routed yet.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I’ve been rolling on the Zhongli banner a couple more sets because Fischl seems to be amazing and buffing her would be cool.

What I’m now at is Fischl C1, Collei C5 and Diana or whatever the last one is called hasn’t dropped.

Perhaps I’ll just start stocking up gems for the next banner.

Rolling for four stars is the true pain.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tae posted:

Collei is like designed wrong on purpose. Her dendro application is too slow. I guess eventually they'll make a character that doesn't want too much dendro for some reason, but ????

Both Collei and DMC really suffer from those big holes in their kit and like...does Kusanali really need the sales help that badly? She's an archon people are going to buy her regardless if Collei is actually decent or not.

I love Collei's design and it really sucks the Dendro Amber meme is real.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Itto is a glam rocker anyway, not a strong dude. It's why he's got that long hair and pulls the comb out for his idle animation.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Itto's an oni in a Touhou sense, doesn't matter if he doesn't look like he can beat Kevin Nash in an arm wrestling contest, he's still easily able to punch through mountain in a month.

And then Sara shows up and clowns on him because she's a tengu and tengu are stronger than oni.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

So apparently Mihoyo clean sweeped a fan vote for national IP in China with Genshin, Honkai and Tears of Themis in 1st 2nd and 3rd but the organizers apparently decided they prefer Game for Peace better and somehow added over 250K votes to get it to 2nd place and bump Tears of Themis to 4th in the final selection. I guess they don't like the idea of one publisher dominating and leaving Tencent out of the picture or maybe just don't want to have a game like Tears of Themis getting an award since it doesnt fit the CCPs vision of depictions of men in games. Yeah though Mihoyo has clearly struck a chord in China in particular coming from pretty average roots to effectively shut out even Tencent from top 3 ips in 2021 as voted by fans.

On a quick google search for Tears of Themis the guys look more 'manly' than most of the playable Genshin guys, especially given Venti is probably the posterboard so I'm going to go with they just didn't want one dev getting a clean sweep. Unless the actual game of Themis is just full of Venti clones or something.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I did both of them pretty close together, but I really enjoyed both. I was surprised how much of a hikkikomori dork they made Ei but that just made her more appealing. Since it made the archon quest boil to Yae tricks you into barging into her girlfriends room to drag her hikkikomori rear end out for an intervention.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Just saying there's no five star geo lady yet.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mix. posted:

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch, and there's no male 5* Cryo even in the pipe looks like :v:

Isn't one of the characters in dev a Mondstadt cryo guy? Or did it turn out he's 4*?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tae posted:

Mika is a 4 star cryo polearm, fara is a cryo swordswoman 4 star

Ah, I thought he'd be the first male cryo 5*. Shame for the people who wanted that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tae posted:

We dont even have a cryo catalsyt

What are you talking about, we have Memory of Dust. :v: