Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
How's a Tighnari/Yae Miko/Fischl/Kuki Shinobu team looking for people who've rolled for the boy? (Or alternatively replace Kuki with Zhongli)

Really want an excuse to use Yae Miko and Fischl and I'm hoping Tighnari can be that excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh man, I forgot about Sayu but I think her time might have arrived. And maybe Rainslasher, for that matter.

Wouldn't Jean be better than Sayu in that scenario?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Not really, the amount of resources that requires quickly becomes fairly trivial.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
If I remember correctly, they've nerfed the story-mode version of those bosses in previous patches too. Presumably so people wouldn't get stuck on them.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'm surprised you didn't list Itto.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Letting the Traveler be their own voiced character since they obviously have their own personality instead of this weird ineffectual half-measure would be really big for me.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The whole silent protagonist except not because they have their own distinct backstory and heavily implied (and sometimes outright stated) personality thing has always been exceedingly lazy.

It's the worst of both worlds and I wish they'd just stop doing it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Looking at the wording, you'd want it to be on whoever is your trigger for the reaction. So for hyperbloom, that'd be your electro. For bloom, that's harder and depends on your team.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
"Fixes an issue whereby when Keqing used Normal Attacks consecutively on enemies affected by the Electro element, her Lv.2 Constellation's effects would be triggered at an abnormal interval."

Uh. Wonder if that means they've finally fixed the bug that made Keqing's C2 completely useless. It's been around since the game's release.

For people who aren't aware, her C2 can trigger while it's still on cooldown thus resetting the cooldown meaning it procs once and then more or less never again during any encounter.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
This go around, getting the favor is a pretty big deal. If you're a rebel, snatching the favor away usually means your side wins even if you get caught for it. At least, that's my experience.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Once she hits AR 10, she should get a mail from the 10 million pre-registration event way back in the day with 10x standard wishes. That might be what they're talking about.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
It's not just about how much left clicking you do (though that's part of it) but also what portion of your damage is coming from normal attacks. Not every character can be Yoimiya or Ayato where the vast majority of their damage is normal attacks so they can actually make good use of Yunjin's stacks.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's not about proportions because yun jin's buffs aren't percentage based. it is a flat amount added to each attack, so the main thing that matters is how many attacks you do (plus crit and goblet modifiers)

True but you usually want to make lots of normal attacks because normal attacks are a major part of a character's damage profile, not because you're using Yunjin. Yunjin is at her best when she's on a team with someone who already wanted to make tons of normal attacks regardless.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have additional constellations on anyone but Itto and the standard Banner ones like Diluc or Mona so I was under the impression that everyone worked fine at C0.

You definitely don't need more than C0 to clear the Abyss using any remotely competent 5* character.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

No Wave posted:

Music web event kind of fun. Crazy you never hear any of these tracks in-game.

I'm jealous because some of these are actually hummed by Paimon's VA in the CN version.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Something like Noelle/Qiqi/Xinyan/Amber would probably be a good place to start. Maybe Barbara instead of Amber just so you don't get pyro resonance.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I've been having some fun doing Abyss using weird teams lately. Latest one I used Ayato mono hydro and Klee mono pyro. Never heard about reactions in my life.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
If you just reduce reaction damage to 0 then there's actually a lot of very solid 'mono element' teams.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Everett False posted:

I haven't been following the thread that closely but I finally got my fourth party member and wanted to celebrate :3

Melanin enjoyer detected.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
That fight legitimately was awful even using Yelan on controller. Not hard, just awful.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
God I hope this is real. More body types variety is one of my top wishes for Genshin.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

Basically. Paimon's great when she's allowed to actually be a character, but it is very annoying when she's just repeating to you what we just heard five seconds ago (Oz is similarly annoying!).

Of all the QoL improvements we've seen in Honkai, I hope the writing is the one we get over in Genshin. Let the Traveler talk! You have good VAs in multiple languages going to waste!

This is very much how I feel. Although I feel Oz comes across better since we get him in smaller dose, so there's less opportunity to get sick of his schtick.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
For all that Genshin does right, I can't imagine anyone coming out of playing Honkai Star Rail thinking that Genshin does dialogue better. It's incomparably improved and not just because of Paimon's absence.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Amusingly Kirara completely trivializes the Oceanid if you can get her off-field electro app.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Where does it even states that Ningguang is 25? Last I checked, they're conspicuously playing it coy about the actual age of most of the cast.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Love that their respective girlfriend is in the background chatting while they're throwing down. Sad we're probably not going to see Dunyarzhad again after we leave Sumeru.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
There is such a thing as Quickbloom teams where the crit would very much matter, it's possible to have hyperbloom team with decent quicken aura uptime. Probably will end up being a pretty great weapon in Cyno's hands.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Everyone desperately wanted him to be the support that'd make physical teams good and he's not.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Excelzior posted:

I hope they scrap the whole pneuma-ousia thing because its incredibly stupid and punishes you for wanting to play with the characters you like

Yeah that's got strong 'designed ourselves into a corner and can't be bothered' energy if I'm honest.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Whether characters should (or need to) be taken to 90 at all really depends on what kind of teams you're running. Tuxedo Catfish gives a good rule of thumb, but for instance if you're running an aggravate team then you'd want your electro on-fielder to be level 90 since that scales a lot with level. So it's not a hard rule.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'll pull for Lyney cuz mono pyro is fun and that's about it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What do you do with a Klee, I haven’t planned for this at all.

Well since you conveniently have a brand new Kazuha...

What you do is Kazuha/Klee/Xiangling/Bennett and then watch the world burn. Don't bother with all the complicated animation cancels, they're not actually necessary so just either normal>charge attack or normal>normal>charge attack if you're worried about your stamina. Did a run of the Spiral Abyss using that comp last cycle if you need to know whether mono pyro Klee is usable.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

run a burgeon team with her no matter how much it sucks

BLOOM BLOOM BAKUDAN

Burger Klee isn't even THAT bad, it's actually pretty good for a low investment.

People really overemphasize how 'bad' Klee is on top of there being a lot of misinformation still around from when she was first released and people didn't really understand the game as well as they do nowadays. Back when people thought that vaporize was the be-all-end-all of pyro reactions.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
There's a learning curve but she's pretty fun once you get used to it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Tough enemies, Bennet's burst -> kazuha's burst (this can infuse his burst with pyro using the aura that's on yourself) -> xiangling's burst -> t -> Klee's burst -> Klee's N1 x2 CA until Bennet's burst ends. Then you refill everyone's energy by doing Klee's skill -> Kazuha's skill x 2 and go again.

Personally I prefer Bennett skill or Klee normal (to tag an enemy with pyro aura) > Kazuha tap skill > Kazuha burst > Bennett burst > Bennett skill > Xiangling burst > Xiangling skill > Kazuha tap skill > Klee skill > Klee burst (to cancel the end of the skill animation) > Klee skill > Klee's normals (either x1 or x2) into charge attack to taste > repeat from the first Kazuha tap skill now that everyone has a pyro aura.

But yeah, solid A rank team is a good way to describe it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
So apparently Mihoyo hasn't been paying their english VAs since as far back as december 2022, including Paimon's VA. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/thebirdzulu/status/1679198186156736513

If there's any truth to this, and it's hard to imagine why there wouldn't be, that's scummy as hell.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Corina (Paimon's VA) discusses the situation they're in with payments being months overdue and how it's impacted them.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Because Amber is a 4* everyone gets for free and Dehya is a cool lion lady 5* that you have to roll for. I'm willing to bet that's most of the reason why.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
https://twitter.com/thebirdzulu/status/1679944534967619584

Some good news for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I did almost all of the event on Dire using Nilou Bloom, Yoimiya vape and Klee mono pyro/Itto geo bros (depending on the enemies).

Pretty fun event! Really interesting to puzzle out how to make three good teams without any overlap and low pressure since the reward for doing so is basically nil.