Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
What, strongbox has a limit of 39 per pull!? Since when? This is outrageous, I wanted to dump hundreds of artifacts and see an ocean of thundering furies!

My dreams, they're shattered...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dendro MC's skill is way more shallow than I expect and I keep whiffing it because I'm too far away. Gonna take getting used to. The burst is pretty rad though.

She's pretty nakedly designed for domains and abyss, in comparison to anemo and geo. I can accept it in the long term but it feels pretty weird how the hitbox seems to be a completely horizontal plane. She does do surprisingly high damage considering mine's at talent level 1 and holding the most terrible dendro% cup known to man. Looking forward to see how she does when she's kitted out well!

It's actually a 15 second cd and the duration seems to go up to 12 seconds with C1. It's an interesting kit, especially since she has a decent amount of buffs she gives naturally. One of the better 4s released after launch, for sure. Makes me wish Chong worked like this tbh...

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sayu spinball is amazing now, 10/10 game, whale money well spent.

Edit: beat up a potentially innocent bystander and stole scraps of her clothes, some furniture, and her shawarma. This world, is cruel...

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 24, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Trying to beeline the archon quest in order to unlock reputation (want those wings), but the truth is that I am utterly incapable of beelining anything in this game lol

How much more is there after the first scene with Deyha? If it's a lot I may just give up on this week's bounties and aim for starting next week instead.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Wow this, cutscene(? Uninterruptible gameplay sequence?) is so incredibly long that it took up the entirety of the time period I usually use for genshin and I wasn't even able to finish it. Hopefully it has some sort of like, cutscene checkpoint or something. It's not a bad sequence or anything but wow.

Good thing I don't really care too much about resin anymore because it's definitely gonna cap for a few hours until I have actual free time again.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

frajaq posted:

Any loremasters know who this Zandik is?

There are some hints that he might be Dottore, back when he was in the akademiya. Lots of dealing with ruin bots!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Yes, the cabbage was well and truly won me over as well. If it weren't for the fact that she's 3 patches away I would definitely hold my gems for her. Especially since it looks like the upcoming 5 stars are gonna be like, the aggravate dps, the bloom dps, etc.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people generally just stacking health on Zhongli for the shield, or doing some kind of mix to get some damage from his burst? or does it just kinda depend on what i need more...

I don't really have any great spears. I have The Catch for him right now

I use full HP with enough crit substats to make Favonius viable, but that's not really necessary. HP/HP/HP Black Tassel is fine.

I'm also considering farming a deepwood HP set for him in the future, he's a decent user of it. It's kinda weird how the game tries to trick you into into giving to a dendro character, when it's better to give to a low-damage utiloty character instead.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I use Klee/Kazu/Zhong/Benny and usually break the shield with a Benny tap > Kazu tap/plunge > Klee normal. Klee's really good for the rock music phase because it's actually just an elemental application phase. Zhongli is good at breaking the anti-shogun training thingies because those take a certain number of hits to break and his spear kick hits tons of times. And if you want to dodge her swings in rock music mode, she has no defense against the dark souls butt-hugging tactic.

Tae posted:

3.2 was the earliest assumption so I hope you didn't spend last week assuming she was 3.4

Also patches are 5 weeks now for the rest of the year which is 7 days per patch shorter of primos

I'm well and truly set when it comes to rolls for her. The only thing I'm considering now is whether it's worth it to pick up Ganyu after all. If I lose 50/50 on Cabbage and have to go to soft pity both times I might have to risk 50/50 on Baizhu if he does release in 3.4 :ohdear:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 30, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Finally found the reason Heizou was created: to be the onfield proto amber healer/driver for a Fischl/Beidou/DMC team :science:

Jean doesn't have 100% anemo uptime, Sayu doesn't normal attack, Sucrose is probably stronger but the team's only healing being an 80 cost 20 second CD burst is a bit too spooky for me. Once we have an orbital/attack-projectile dendro off-fielder this team is gonna be super fun.

x1o posted:

I need to stop being distracted and just power through the Archon quest and stop going "oooh, teleport point near here, should grab it, oooh a chest, oooh where does this lead?"

You won't be distracted when you're doing act 2 :)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

I'm starting to strongly suspect that kusanali will be a healer...

I am also suspecting this, potentially for the same reasons.

Future character spoilers: no baizhu before 3.5 :yikes:

Edit: oh you mentioned that already :smith:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 3, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

I've got enough 4-star artifacts that I want to start feeding the weaker ones to my 5-stars. Is there anything I should look out for and hold onto apart from elemental damage goblets?

I keep a set of ER focused Instructor and Exile sets, one of every main stat (except elemental damage), preferably with crit rate substats (for favonius weapons). Their effects can be useful for some low damage support characters.

I also keep a healing bonus and crit rate circlet for each of the Prayers sets just in case there's some abyss nonsense that I might need them for. This has come up exactly one time so far (the abyss with Slowing Water against Abyss Heralds) but I know I would have been annoyed if I didn't have them at the time. I've never used the other elements but better safe than sorry I guess.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

also banner leaks for the whole sumeru cycle, take it with a grain of salt but

Smells like someone compiling currently known information into a "reasonable guesstimate." The real banners are probably not gonna be hugely dissimilar but I'm sure this woulda had stuff like Baizhu in Xiao's spot before we know what was up with him.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Harrow posted:

I don't know what sukokomon is but the name is funny so I support it

Sukokomon is a team consisting of Sucrose/Kokomi/Fischl/Xiangling. It's secretly mostly a Xiangling overvape team using Kokomi as the onflield hydro enabler, but there's a chunk of its rotation that uses some weird mechanics that made it stand out:

Gouba infuses himself with pyro for a short moment before he breathes fire. If you use Sucrose's skill while he's infused by pyro within her AoE, it will trigger a pyro swirl. If the enemies have hydro and electro auras, this will cause them to get hit with: electo-swirl, overload, a vaporized pyro-swirl, and possibly an electo-charge. The end result is a big bunch of flashy numbers that do decent damage and make people ooh and aah.

But unless everything lines up perfectly (where "everything" includes the enemies) then it's mostly impractical to use consistently. Which is why most people consider it to be mostly a meme team

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so are there other characters that flat out cannot crit? This seems relatively important lol

She's the only one but it's not really a big deal. The only practical effect it has is not allowing her to use favonius. Like, Sucrose with no crits is at 99% strength. Zhongli and Kazuha, maybe 90%

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Thinking about how it'd be cool+fair if anemo and geo both got a deepwood set reskin...

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A big thank you to my good pals Sucrose and Xingqiu, who by merely existing on the banner in all their C6 glory are preventing me from rolling for Dori like an idiot. But also, wow not even 1 Dori :(. I want to try her C6 at some point, and now that point is looking to be REALLY far away.

Also Ganyu doesn't match either the dragonspine wings or the watatsumi bow 0/10 worst character

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Did a complete 180 and decided to pull on Dori anyway and got her in the next 10 pull. Never punished :woop:

So after testing her for a bit, she does feel somewhat like a Thoma, where her intended support stuff is kinda whatever and ends up being more of a supplement to her actual semi-useful contribution: Turning some anemo units into hyperbloom subdps. She can also do hyperblooms herself, and it kinda works...? But honestly it feels like you'd rather just use Kuki at that point. Being called a Thoma used to be kinda like being tossed directly into the dump, but now it's not so bad. A quasi-decent 4/10 unit.

Also she can use the Inazuma claymore pretty well in a team where she can skill twice. Skill > Burst works somehow.

Lobsterpillar posted:

She also seems to use the bell, so there's that

The Bell is for HP-scaling DPS units that use a team shielder, not for supports!! It is still bad...!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Weapon refines give energy regen on elemental skill use once every 10s so the Whateverest-san craftable claymore 4* seems perfect for Dori's 9s CD elemental skill and 20s CD burst. With her A4 regen she'll be bursting all the time. :toot:

That's great but what is the point even? :effort: Dori just heals and regens energy every 2s on burst for a single character on field. I can think of a few characters that can heal+battery: Bennett, Jean, Diona, Shinobu.

4/10, is not a high score :shrug:

But, she's not unworkable. Thoma in the 2.X patches was an unworkable unit, or nearly so. But with Dori I can imagine her being decent in a few spots. Self infusion is very rare. Ayato/DMC/Jean/Dori seems like it'd work pretty well, with every support able to double skill every rotation. And with 2 healers you alleviate the pressure of needing to build for healing and can do stuff like full EM Jean and Instructors Dori. And depending on how energy works out, Dori might even be able to use the new claymore to give another buff.

I don't have Jean so I can't test it but the Sayu version works out ok. Ayato can also be, like, Xingqiu/Yelan. And DMC could be some future on-field dendro. It could work.

So yeah, a unique role in a type of team that's functional but not exceptional. That's a 4/10 to me.

Edit:sniped by someone who explicitly called the exact comp I mentioned dumb :negative:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, I'm eyeing up that sword for Kazuha already so hopefully I can get at least one copy.

Related question: for the self-swirl part of Jean's burst, whose stats determine the swirl damage? Is it always Jean's, or is it whoever the current on-field character is? Currently wondering if there's potential fun (even if it's not even close to the best way to do it) in a weird hyperbloom setup with like Ayato, Jean, Dori, and Dendro Traveler or some dumb comp like that. Obviously Shinobu and Sucrose or Kazuha would be much better for that but I don't have Shinobu so hey.

Self-reactions work the same way as regular reactions. The character whose the trigger element is the one whose EM matters, and since Anemo is exclusively a trigger element then any reaction involving Jean will use her EM. This consistency is part of the reason that Jean's stuff is more well known despite things like exploding wolf benny+razor being in the game since launch.

But the'res actually a few near things you can do if you sory everything out. Like there's a bit of testing right now on stuff like Xinyan's swap application pyro + Dori over-time application to see if Dori consistently triggers swap-overloads, for example.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Actually now that I think about it, usually a character's trial can give some hints as to what their intended role might be. Lets see what we have for Dori...

Lisa/Xiangling/Collei/Dori... catalyze overburn? :raise:

First thought: :confused:

Second thought: Hey wait a minute, this is Cyno's team! Just like Xiangling can eschew anemo vv shred and instead supplement her vaporize damage with overloads, Cyno might be able to use a burning aura to supplement his aggravate.

Tried this out with Fischl/DMC/Xiangling. Results: Words and numbers popped out :|
Sorry, can really work up the energy to care about in depth genshin battle testing anymore. Maybe at some point more serious TC work can be done to figure out the elemental application needed to make this work. Thoma time?

Also Dori can break ores in a single combo so that's neat.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This Ayato Dori hyperbloom team really is pretty dumb. You have to stand in no less than 4 goddamn circles and frankly I'm tired of it.

But with Xingqiu/Yelan, Kuki, and literally any dendro catalyst, you can have a pretty fun and mobile team that isn't terribly beholden to strict rotations and positionings. So once again it all comes back to Nahida :sigh:

I gotta admit though, they've been doing a pretty good job at making her obnoxiously necessary without having to make her actively broken.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

2 weeks of 3.0 left and there's 0 news about :

1. Obtainable prototype aranara
2. Anniversary glider

I don't think we're gonna make it...

Endorph posted:

some of hu tao's best teams involve her, though she isnt exactly adding much damage to those, shes more just enabling vv shred and vapes and activating the instructor buff

Not a hardcore Hu Taoist but I'm pretty sure AnemoTao teams are loving dead. Can Candace do any off-field applocation whatsoever? If she can then they're doubly dead lol

Hydro Res (reasonably) strong (and doesn't require you to do a bunch of fiddly rotation nonsense in the middle of battle)!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

EM Raiden is actually pretty good! I farmed an EM thundering fury set months ago for her to use as an overworld Yanfei support, but with hyperbloom it's really consistent and legit. Pretty funny when you kill all the enemies and these 5-digit damage blooms just rocket away to parts unknown :allears:

Would recommend if you have absolutely nothing better to do.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hu Tao + Xingqiu + Yelan +Zhongli is pretty drat strong but there's a big difference betwen "anemo is dead" and "anemo is a few percentage points worse than a different team that uses a different top tier 5*."
The genshin community tends to hyperfocus on relatively small differences in strength, especially comparisons made by whales or theorycraftters who assume everyone has every limited character.

Candace's off field application is limited to a single splash of water each time you swap characters so it is pretty irrelevant for Hu Tao. I doubt she'd ever replace Xingqiu there but her + Xingqiu might be a decent budget option for double-hydro Tao? Since the stat buff from her burst still boosts HT's damage.

The reason I said anemo is dead is not because of its hypothetical comparitive strength level, but because playing it sucks. So unless you're intentionally trying to play the sweatiest Hu Tao team you can (which some people do tbh) then the small power bump from hydro res closes the power gap enough to make vv unappealing. At this point I would rather play TTDS Exile Mona, no matter how charming I find the PAmber Shieldfei build.

And yeah, Candace isn't meant to be a XQ replacement, more like a hydro Yun Jin. I coulda sworn that she did some off-field hydro but turns out that isn't until C6 :rip:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Actually this MonaTao team ain't half bad lol

First charge attack was +100k, using Dragon's Bane

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Finally tried the abyss and the room with the oceanid animals was actually really fun (<-sentence never before written in the english language). Patiently waiting for a hydro version of Yae Miko so that I can play that anywhere. Hell, maybe a dendro version of Yae Miko too.

The electro will be Raiden though :colbert:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

How is Dori? I haven't rolled on her, since I don't want anything else on the banners. Seems like she fills a somewhat similar niche to Shinobu.

People often say that Noelle only becomes a real character at C6, because before that the utility she provides isn't worth the team slot. But that's not strictly true; you can very much still use her in her final tank dps playstyle at C0-5, just with lower numbers. As an onfield tank dps, Dori is like that, except ACTUALLY C6 locked. Looks fun though?

As a pure support, she wants to be the Electro in a Dendro/Dendro/Electro/Support team, where both of the dendros are high DPS units, one of which is an onfielder with energy problems. And the support has to be someone so amazing that you'd be willing to get rid of Fischl. So something like Dendro Eula + Dendro Fischl, and a Kazuha-level support for dendro. Unfortunately those characters don't actually exist yet so stay tuned.

As a Hyperbloom enabler she is functional but annoying. If you wanna use Jean you have no crowd control, if you wanna have crowd control then Shinobu is much easier to build, use, and trigger.

Overload is bad. Electocharge doesn't need her. I don't play Superconduct and even if I did I don't own Eula.

I think her INTENDED role is in a Cyno/DMC/Support/Dori hypercarry team, using the aranara claymore to feed Cyno a leaf and then battery him. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, we'll see.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Dori's C6 doesn't do anything...

At C6, thundering fury Dori can be an onfield tank dps. It's true, the people on the internet told me so.

The big new dendro team that waz causing a splash was Keqing/Fischl/Dendro/Sucrose. Well since there's no dendro healer you either take the dps hit by using a healing anemo, or you can replace Keqing with C6 Dori. Aggravate is designed to boost electros with low move values and raw stats, after all.

Or so they say.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't remember any Aranara's name, but I love them all. Especially the grumpy ones.

Arabalika my beloved

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This amount of content and patch time is basically perfect for me lol. Might even have some aranara stuff and map cleanup left to do even after 3.1 releases. Currently on act 2, 40% exploration, and having not even started Tighnari's story quest or the Fayz trials.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh yeah I guess that one leak is dead. Which is good for me because it had an unbearable stretch of characters I either have or was uninterested in. Hopefully Yelan gets pushed forward :pray:

Edit:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I mean, a standard 5* selector for like 20-25 quid wouldn't be so bad would it? I'm not asking for a free 5* but paid selectors are standard in a lot of other games.

Why not ask for a free 5* (aside from the fact that we wouldn't get it lol)?

All the standard 5s are mid power off-meta units whose value mostly lies on people finding them fun to play. The "pick a liyue 4*" and those free Xiangling/Fischls were better value.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 16, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Thinking about pulling on the weapons banned for the science catalyst thing for Sucrose...

Not because it's good on her, but because, it's cute.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Thinking about how absolutely nobody cared about Mika... We truly do live in a society.

(I also didn't really care about him).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

GCsim aint dead. It's right here:

https://db.gcsim.app/

Now, the leaderboard is absolutely dead at the moment, and it's currently got absolutely no team vetting (because they're just trying to stuff it full of any old junk to see if anything breaks), and it lost about 75% of its teams, and it doesn't have dendro because dendro is in the next-next version here:

https://dendro.gcsim.app/

But the dendro version doesn't have a database at all, so all you can do is use it to run sims. But... it doesn't have dendro cores yet, so you can't run bloom/hyperbloom/burgeon sims yet. It does work though:

https://dendro.gcsim.app/v3/viewer/share/7cf06842-6667-4b37-aad8-c7405236c2b6
Tighnari time.

So yeah, 3.0 hit the project like a truck. But there's progress being made. Slowly.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

One of the reasons I haven't gone A6 on anything is because the difficulty feels just right. I'm afraid if I make that step, fights will become trivial and boring.

The fights do become pretty trivial and boring. I have no idea if the abyss 12 chicken has, like, mechanics and stuff.

But that's better for me becuase overworld is the real genshin for me, and being that strong lets me run stuff like Dodoco Tales Klee and Fading Twilight Ganyu for the fashion.

Edit: Wait I wonder if I can do something that feels smooth with White Tassel Shenhe...

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

People weren't kidding. Trying to finish the Aranyaka blind is ridiculous. I wonder if I'll be done before 3.1 launched. I was feeling pretty good about it after finishing the main questline but after stumbling onto 2 completely unmarked quest segments by pure chance I'm not so sure anymore.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

padijun posted:

saw someone mention ganyu being boring and I have to disagree. you're not impressed by big number? ok :rolleyes:

I picked her up because I hate abyss heralds/slowing water/abyss heralds in slowing water, and she's one of the most normal characters ever. If I hadn't pavloved myself into enjoying aimed shot gameplay I'd be very close to calling her a waste of a pull, and if Rosa was a catalyst with her current moveset (magic ice spear?) I would never have considered pulling for her in the first place.

At least she's fun to use in overworld :kiddo:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I know Dori is hypothetically decent(?) but I'd transmute mine into Shinobu in a heartbeat. Hopefully they put her on Nahida banner and I'm able to pick up at least 3 copies :)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Vargs posted:

I kinda hope the dendro archon sucks because it's nice having a reason to actually use the protagonist of this game to play the game lately, rather than just sticking them in your pocket to take out during cutscenes.

I can't even imagine it lol.

DMC is so perfectly balanced to be just on the cusp of being an unambiguously good unit, there's no doubt in my mind that they specifically designed her to be a test run that they're gonna balance Dendro Archon around. Everything about her is just almost good enough, like they were deliberately dialing her power back to see which friction points in her kit people would pay money for roll a new character to fix.

Nyoro posted:

Traveler is complete garbage and that makes me sad

DMC's fine, basically Kaeya tier. 5/10, one of the units of all time.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Decided to use my ~50 standard pulls now rather than after 3.1, since I'd have a better chance of pulling Kuki. Didn't get her, but ended up with Skyward Spine. Is it even as good as The Catch? Or the other ER 4*s for that matter, lol

It's basically just a second copy of the catch, yeah. For people that want to run 2 spear burst dps units and don't have engulfing lightning. Or like, if you want to use 2 spear supports but you refined all your fav lances together.

I'd put mine on Rosa/Shenhe if I had one, just to not have to deal with juggling my 1 fav lance between them.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

drat, found an entire underground area that I missed with a whole dream boss fight thing and an achievement and everything, and yet it had nothing to do with any aranyaka chapter whatsoever :(

For the sake of my sanity I am allowing myself a single hint. Does any aranyaka chapter require something to be done at a specific time of day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

SiKboy posted:

Not to the best of my recollection, outside of times where you maybe get an explicit "wait til morning (8:00-12:00) the next day" quest objective.

Honestly, just look it up. Theres at least a couple of steps that you'll never puzzle out because there are literally no clues to tell you what to do, and it might take literal years for you to randomly blunder into. Out of respect for your insane decision, I'm not going to mention any solutions, but I am going to mention (under spoiler tags) the particular clues that made me go "How the gently caress was I supposed to know that?" when I looked up the answers.

A certain someone might like to see this and return to the start. I think there was a third one, but those two stuck out as some primo bullshit with no real way of working it out, short of scouring huge portions of sumeru manually, and in one case after doing something extremely specific I wouldnt have thought to do first.

Oh my god you can click on the pages to get clues.