Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I hope I catch a Shiny Bulbasaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yo what the gently caress I got one of those youtube thumbnail pulls.

Never thought I'd see multiple 5*s in one 10 pulls hot drat.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Goddamn Cyno looks badass as hell. All those animations are so good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Dendro MC's skill is way more shallow than I expect and I keep whiffing it because I'm too far away. Gonna take getting used to. The burst is pretty rad though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm still just wandering around randomly and finding stuff, haven't touched the story at all yet. Sumeru is rad.

Nyoro posted:

Yo are Tighnari(sp) and Collei actually good characters or what?

It's still really early but Tighnari seems to be capable of some pretty great Dendro damage, particularly in Quicken comps. Collei I have no idea about yet, haven't seen too much on her as of now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I decided to take a detour from exploring to go straight to the western edge of the map to the small town there to see if maybe I could get a good view of the desert. Naturally it gives me nothing. I wanna see the desert damnit! :argh:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I still haven't even started the archon quests yet woops. Just been exploring random places. Also beelined domains to work on getting Tighnari up to speed so I can properly use him out in the overworld.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

There's something intensely satisfying about Tighnari's burst animation followed by a waterfall explosion of numbers.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I've been running Tigh/Fischl/Shinobu/Kazuha myself. Between Fischl & Shinobu you have plenty of electro application to ensure you're constantly applying Quicken/Spread for Tigh and Kazuha boosts their damage with VV swirls and his own shenanigans. Shinobu works out well because I want Tighnari relatively close since I have Aqua Simulacra on him. Even though I have him at 70 with a mediocre artifact set (4* Cup & Sands right now) and low EM (like 250 before Gilded Dreams kicks in), and low talent levels he does enough damage to handle the overworld absolutely fine. Looking forward to getting him properly invested because he's a lot of fun to play with his quick fire shotgun playstyle.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I finally started doing some archon quests and Tighnari is so fantastic. The amount of times he just flips between being a nice dude to wanting to slap idiots off his treehouse is amazing.

"Come to Sumeru City."
"Did you even loving read my letter? Get out of my house."

:allears:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

My Tighnari is getting pretty decent (currently A4 and level 70); he's at least helpful in battle, even if his talent levels and artifacts still make him a bit weaker compared with other options. It's also a bit harder to gauge his damage due to the way his damage is split up into a bunch of separate numbers. I think his charge attacks are hitting for ~9000 and then a bunch of 2000-3000s?

He definitely makes my Yae Miko feel better. Her turrets are good for periodically doing Electro damage (and she has the benefit over Fischl of also having her powerful burst, that hits for at least 80-100k total).

It helps that I have a number of Wanderer's artifacts with great starting rolls. I have 3 flowers that have crit/cdmg/EM/ER% as their starting stats - can't really go wrong with points going into any of those (I think ER might be the worst for him?). Biggest issue is probably that I obviously don't have any good Dendro goblets. For now I'm using an EM goblet, though I'm wondering if ATK might be better (just because his attack is so low that a single artifact buffing it might have big returns - currently he only has ~1100 attack).

Tighnari can get away with lowish ATK because not only does he have his ascension passive giving a damage boost from his EM but Spread also gets a sizable boost from EM. And Spread is his definite best comp.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I always appreciate it when a character can do their own talent domain.

In fact, Tighnari shreds the talent domain pretty amazingly. Flying enemies crumple to his charge shots. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh hey that's almost the same team I'm running, except I've been using Fischl. The extra EM from Albedo is cozy and Geo Resonance is always nice to have.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Did the archon quest Act 2 last night and jesus fuckin' christ what a ride. It was definitely rather long but I was pretty engrossed the whole time. Good emotional beats too.

And we got to hear the Traveler actually talk.... sort of! Nahida is actually wonderful, I was sorta unenthused leading up to 3.0 based on her design but she's actually super endearing. I just wanna give this poor girl a hug. It's also refreshing that she's been the most willingly helpful of the archons we've met so far. Venti is just kind of a wild card and helped us incidentally, Zhongli was mostly too busy quitting his job and keeping his mouth shut about anything, and Ei was... Ei. Nahida just immediately being a bro is great. Anyways we better find a cure for Eleazar because Collei & Dunyarzard deserve better.

Anyways Sumeru confirmed for the best region currently in the game. Sorry Liyue, you had a long run.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It should be fun to see how the first available All Archon Team performs once Nahida is out.

In theory it should be fairly fantastic actually: Zhongli for shield/res shread, Venti for crowd control & VV shred, Nahida for (hopefully) good Dendro application, and Raiden taking advantage of Quicken to boost her already high damage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

I think when I see people mention that they draw connections between Traveler's E and the corresponding Archon's Q. Anemo Traveler's E is like a tiny handheld version of Venti's vortex, while Geo Traveler's E summons a big rock like Zhongli's Q.

It doesn't really line up though, like Geo Traveler isn't a shielder at all for example

The one that's most iffy on that is Electro Traveler but his E is still called Lightning Blade and emulates Raiden's energy batterying if nothing else. But mostly the E to Q relation works you just kinda have to squint real hard sometimes.

So based on that the most we can infer about Nahida is that her burst might be a large AoE of damage. Which isn't much to go on. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cyno checks all the boxes for me. Looks badass, does cool poo poo, has a great desert aesthetic, a bit of an edgelord.

It helps that he looks fun as hell to play.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I've only really played with Quicken/Spread due to pulling Tighnari but when I incidentally make blooms around water they do pretty decent damage. Problem is the long rear end delay. Nilou's special blooms explode basically instantly so they actually become reliable damage sources. Outside of her though it seems like you are better off playing around Hyperbloom or Burgeon instead.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Thoma actually has a good place in Burgeon teams because his pyro application is infrequent enough to pop blooms without interfering too much with the process of making them.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Reactions will use the EM of whoever triggers it, regardless of if they are active or off-field.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah that's all correct on how Qiqi works. If she attacks enemies with her talisman debuff she'll heal the whole party a bit, otherwise the talisman debuff only heals the active character that's attacking. Her skill only heals the active character regardless.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'll get a 5* dendro goblet someday. Maybe.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't really know the point of Dori, she seems to fit the exact same role in the party as Kuki but Kuki seems way more reliable for it. I guess Dori is a bit better for bow/catalyst teams, maybe?

Dori's burst generates energy so she might work slightly better for characters that are more energy hungry. But she's also saddled with an 80 cost burst so that's awkward. She may wanna stack a whole lot of ER% given her 2nd ascension passive gives her free energy for using her skill (up to 15 per at 300% ER). I dunno, on paper she seems like she'll be awkward to build since all of her utility is on her 80 cost burst and you have to find a balance between ER% and HP% if you also want her healing to be good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Deepwood is ideal for supports either for boosting a Dendro Main DPS (right now just Tighnari) or for Bloom/Hyperbloom/Burgeon teams since all of those do Dendro damage. I've seen people toying around with throwing Deepwood on Shinobu, Thoma, Kokomi, and Zhongli in various circumstances for example.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's definitely a weird choice to drop 3 dendro characters (two of which are bow users) and then dip for a few patches. But I can also see how people would get burned out on a non-stop dendro train.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Every 5* has been deemed bad before release it feels like. Yoimiya is worse than Diluc. Raiden doesn't do damage. Kazuha is just a 5* Sucrose (as if that's somehow meant to be a bad thing). Never trust anyone's evaluations until a few weeks after release. Even then probably still don't.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Artifact farming went extraordinarily well today.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Endorph posted:

C4 Xiao is my vote for the worst one.

I raise you Venti C1.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Gilded and Wanderer's are so incredibly close to each other on performance I'd say just go with whatever has the best substats. Wanderer's does edge out a bit ahead in teams where you are running another Dendro with him since that cuts down the EM buff from Gilded. Wanderer's also has the benefit of being unconditional and always on while Gilded requires some uptime maintenance (not very much mind you, it's basically free but still it's there).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I also play in English, dunno why people rag on it all the time I enjoy everyone. Other than that time they installed depression on Barbara, that was weird.

English Tighnari is so full of sass and English Itto is legendary.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Wanderer's strongboxes not being kind to me. I just need either a Crit Damage Hat or an EM Sands (admittedly two rarer slots to be sure) but all I get are a million feathers.

My Tighnari is still doing fantastic damage in spite of only have a 2pc bonus right now anyways but still.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UCrJa7HhZc

The tradition of Child(e) Bullying continues to be upheld.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Finally got a Wanderer's piece to complete my set for Tighnari. His circlet could be better but eh whatever. I'm pretty happy with how he shreds stuff now. Just gotta get some more talent mats for him sometime now mainly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm ready to lose my 50/50 on Razor Pro Max.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Albedo makes a lot of sense given how much dendro comps love free EM and he throws out 120 to the party every burst. Plus geo doesn't gently caress up other reactions. I've been running Tighnari with him, Zhongli, and Fischl to great success.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cyno has a way deeper voice in english than I was expecting. He sounds fantastic.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

There's a market for small timid boys who are secretly stupid strong.

Unfortunately Genshin is like the worst place to find that market.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's kinda funny I figured I'd be sad about the spreadsheet dying but upon reflection I haven't actually really needed it much in awhile. I suppose I've gotten a decent sense of character builds after all this time.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah Skyward Spine is mostly comparable to The Catch, with a nice small little bonus to crit on top. I have mine on Raiden because I still haven't been assed to actually go fish grind for The Catch. Skyward actually has some unique application for Raiden specifically because the Attack Speed boost it provides actually lets her get some more attacks in during her burst rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Lost Prayer would be fantastic if it didn't require an obscene amount of on-field time to get the maximum passive boost (16s by the way). All the 5* Catalysts are like that where they *would* be great but they just have some super awkward thing going on either with the passive being wonky or having a not great substat.