Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
With the new 4star sword, what are opinions on refining it? It doesn't seem widely useful and the bonus recharge is kind of low unless you refine. Ignoring there might be future characters for it, giving the best copy I can make to Kazuha seems like it makes the most sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nahida wanters beware: fully uncapping her takes 168 kalpalata lotus, and there are only 66 spawns in the game world. Plus they spawn up on cliffs like violetgrass so you're unlikely to gather a ton while casually exploring if you don't specifically search them out. Realistically it'll take 4 full 2-3 day resets since you won't wanna go way out of your way to grab all the annoying spawns of 1 or 2 up a cliff nowhere near a teleporter. So best get started early!

She does come with that magical photo-farming ability almost exactly for this sort of situation though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but my point is there is way too little of it in the game so even with the magical farming camera it'll take over a week of waiting for material resets.

I guess being unable to prefarm for recent characters has made me lax about this stuff. That and the desire to use the shiny new toy of her farming camera.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Hellioning posted:

Like they're both serious, soft-spoken, and kind of intense but if that's enough to call someone identical then like everyone in this game is identical to someone or another.

I assume the similar skill and burst design is doing quite a bit of lifting here too.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Coolness Averted posted:

But they're not similar mechanically? Xiao's gimmick is self harm with better stats as their HP goes down, isn't it? I'd compare him gmeplay wise more with Hu Tao even though he gains def stat and juggles energy recharge for HP vs her damage for HP.
Whereas Cyno is just an electric hypercarry who wants a ton of field time

They both have dash skills and enter an (edgy) infusion state via burst with high energy and field time requirements. Cyno also feels like an iteration on Xiao design in the sense that his skill generates particles while in burst unlike Xiao, but this could be part of electro identity instead. Like most comparisons that catch on you can see plenty of divergence, but I get where the idea comes from. I feel like the bigger difference is Xiao's plunge focus while Cyno wants to use (Dendro) reactions and has his skill spam gimmick.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

LimitedReagent posted:

I want Layla but I already have Tartaglia and Miko at C0. Just in case I don't manage to pull Layla before I get a five star, who has the better C1?

Miko

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Weapons are pretty and it's nice to have the matching ones for characters you like. Obviously there's a big opportunity cost and luck involved, but I don't regret my Redhorn or Hunter's Path.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's legit data from a build of the game, but I find it hard to say it's particularly useful. Even 3.3 character and artifact information has been vague enough to not bother with, while all the other characters are riddled with placeholder data and leakers I've never seen before are trying to interpret filenames into a kit.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I can readily believe the 3.3 stuff won't change much, but nobody is really presenting it in a confident and understandable way. 90% of the numbers are missing either way, so it's a waiting game until the beta.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The best way to safely roll 4* characters is have awful event banner luck, which has worked for me most times so far.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
To be fair I like Yae as a character, but have zero interest in using a banner pity on her ever. But her new strength in aggravate is miles ahead of any number of Childes who will stand in the same International team I lowkey get bored of every other Abyss.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I think of boss difficulty in terms of how easily they can 0 to 100 gently caress me up, which means Raiden and Azhdaha stand so firmly at the top the others don't usually rate. Kenki I probably dislike more for its Abyss appearances and would find the world boss version a breath of fresh air despite the issues people mentioned. I just hope that's also the case for ASIMON.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Dockworker posted:

Azhdaha is one of the easiest bosses with zhongli. I honestly don’t even know how the fight works without him. It’s just shield-> do a bunch of damage until he cutscene absorbs an element->repeat.

Oh right, I haven't been using him there in a looooong while. Second phase can just be such a clusterfuck with two elements and his normal attacks that it has always seemed more prone to quick kills, plus he has no stagger. I'd say despite ranking him high on ability to kill, there's still a significant gap between Raiden and him. Cryo Azhdaha being the bigger offender because that second phase entry and the new attacks he gets are more obnoxious and likely to hit you.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There's just enough clunk to Collei's animations to be annoying, even if I'm pretty satisfied with her application thanks to that Floral Ring thing. Hearing about DMC energy issues, I haven't even bothered to build them. I wish I could be less on the fence about Nahida though, it sucks that there isn't more of a gap between her and Wanderer.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i went back to rewatch the opening cinematic now that i've got the context from the (current) end of the main quest and my main takeaway is goddamn, we used to be able to FLY. i want that back! the stamina system sucks!

Pull Wanderer, give him Sac Fragments, pray there is always an enemy nearby. :thumbsup:

e: Beaten and I now realize this will not work anyway.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You can see people modelswap existing animations into something like Wagner's model and it's not offensively broken. No reason to hold any hopes though, he will probably just be like Al Haitham with minor size and texture tweaks to fake size.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

schwein11 posted:

"A Herald Without Adherents"

Swapping your cryos for Venti and Bennett (or any pyro, really) should probably do it? Stun robots with two charge shots from Venti, who can also swirl the cryo mage onto the hydro mage to break its shield. Bennett/pyro can easily shred the cryo shield, though Bennett specifically can also boost Noelle's damage.

The general advice when it comes to fights where shieldbreaking is important is that level is irrelevant to the effectiveness of breaking shields. So as long as you're not instadying, even low level characters can be useful. Giving them random HP artifacts and/or a leveled flower can help with the survivability issue.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RareAcumen posted:

3 only cost 30, with the addition of Scaramouche we now have 4 that cost 60? or does it drop to 30 once you unlock him, that's what I was asking about.

They haven't upped the number of discounted bosses, but are you really still doing them all? I feel like finding a third boss to do outside of Signora and Raiden has been a chore for a while, since I don't need to stock up on anything else.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Uh yeah, how else am I supposed to get prototype weapons?

Event rewards, Inazuma/Sumeru tree, etc. The drop rate is just too awful for me to feel like running every boss is worth it, especially when craftable weapons generally don't need refinement and are really mixed in quality.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've seen people love the Hangouts I didn't like and vice versa, so I wouldn't warn people off them as a whole. Case in point above, a list putting Chongyun (middle of the pack quality) above standouts like Gorou or the other Liyue characters. You just gotta pick at ones you think might be interesting, and then maybe after that leave the comfort zone.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

The saddest Itto/Eula...

She belongs there.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

No Wave posted:

Is the shitwolf beatable without geo? Granted that's an inazuma boss so we expect it to be hostile garbage.

quote:

Each Rifthound Skull can be fully charged by 3 gauges of Geo application (affected by ICD), or 38 instances of non-Geo elemental DMG (unaffected by gauge units or ICD).

🙃

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Beidou baseball is neat

Was going to say this is the game that feels the worst to me out of all of them, but I realized most of the others are just spam M1. Maybe on a third pass this event will hit if you aren't doing co-op, which I assume makes the games all go much faster regardless of any dull mechanics.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They release 4* in ways this wouldn't always work, but the occasions where you can get the new one in the free character patch close to their release is nice (Yun Jin, Dori, Collei).

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's in line behind every other cross-promotion outfit including many that were also for Hu Tao.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Devoting yourself to a ship with no material since 1.1 is truly a level beyond.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's more that canonized or regularly serviced ships will have content coming out that keeps that community growing with more to work with, as opposed to completely manufactured or forgotten ships where the community is doing almost all the lifting. I feel the latter takes more involvement and would more often become niche, so Chili still existing at the level it does is impressive.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I figure putting the hardest stuff first would be preferred, so you don't have to keep jumping through the same couple hoops to get your 36*.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

What's Tart doing playing with kids in Inazuma lmao

Wasn't he supposed to be hunting Scara? You're in the wrong country and also we already took him out. What's your role in the story even supposed to be nowadays? :thunk:

wdym, he sells toys for a living.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I have not really felt dissatisfied with my Itto or Ayato, but I'm not out there looking to compare numbers, even to my own Ayaka freeze team. Obviously Diluc continues to feel disappointing, but Tig at least improved for me with DM Nahida.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
None of the bosses so far have been good enough to survive farming on a weekly basis for a year+ so I'm reluctant to praise any. Maybe because they do have higher difficulty than domains, there's less flexibility in how you can reasonably tackle them without pulling your hair out and they just get stale.

e: Obviously this doesn't include Scara, who I haven't even progressed the story to do once. Just going to do my best to forget the weeks of lost mats.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Ideally you could have repeatable bosses that are made of wet paper (Childe) that drop the highest tier of stuff, while still having versions that function better for showcases etc. Maybe add the event difficulty multiplier options when you're entering the boss domain.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
This last week until Wanderer is really killing me.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Garrand posted:

I hate that everyone says TCG. Imagine going up to your friends and saying 'let's play some magic: the gathering TCG'

That Kaeya birthday message was uh, weird. Definitely read like he was paid to read copy and only once or twice slipped into his more normal character voice.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Perhaps it's another attempt by Diona to undermine the alcohol industry's grip on Mondstadt.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've been taking 35* clears off and on for the past few months, which has opened my mind to just accepting a 33* clear, like for this annoying rotation. Maybe next time I will at least try doing it with real teams before there are 3 hours left.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The reasons to be mad about Faruzan are (not sensible) you've followed beta changelogs and seen them tweak her numbers in ways you don't like or (sensible) she's another support that improves significantly at high constellations you can't ever guarantee. I don't mind the Gorou design philosophy if you ignore those constellation power spikes, since you don't have to worry about ever building them for personal damage in addition to support. The game absolutely needs better 4* pity than just waiting for patch events though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Coolness Averted posted:

Eh he can support other mono geo, but yeah he's primarily Itto's lil buddy. Do they ever in story reference that in play he's just Itto's pocket dogboy? I imagine not since factionwise they're not really related.

He has a voiceline about being a huge fan of Miss Hina, which also gets referenced in his About Gorou line. So not really about the meta or mechanical use but they've definitely established a connection.

quote:

If you ever have something on your mind, you can always try writing in to "That's Life" magazine's advice column. Ms. Hina always manages to come up with an encouraging and heartwarming response for all her readers. Just look at me — I used to be a lost soul, but not anymore, and it's all thanks to her. Oh, that reminds me, I managed to sign up for one of her upcoming meet-and-greets! I've been counting down the days — wish it would go faster...

quote:

Oh yeah, the doggy general in the resistance... Hey, I've gotta hand it to him, he may be on the small side, but he's got quite the fighting spirit. Also, he gives off this vibe that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, almost as if he understands my innermost feelings... I mean, I've barely met the guy, so that's kinda weird.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Captain France posted:

Hot take:
Buff Geo and physical at the same time by replacing every instance of the phrase "Geo Damage" with "Physical Damage." It'd suddenly open up all sorts of synergies between characters who don't have them, it'd take away nothing but crystalize, and logically speaking, why would hitting someone with a rock or a club deal elemental damage but a sharp rock and a sharp club deal physical damage?

Keep those disgusting white numbers away from my oni boy.

Tree Reformat posted:

I always felt the Friendship system was way underdeveloped. Like, Lisa's story quest leads you into thinking giving your party members gifts to up their friendship will be a thing... but it's not. You might think you open up dialogue trees with higher friendship... but that's a separate thing for 4*s only in hangouts, and very limited at that.

It just feels very vestigial, like it's "supposed" to be there to match genre conventions and audience expectations, but the devs themselves don't really want to use it.

They could do more with it, but unlocking additional profile voicelines and the namecard are both solid enough incentives for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They've had events with fatigue mechanics, they just weren't difficult even under those conditions. Whenever they iterate on that event style, they just need to include the difficulty levels/multiplier from other events or something similar, so it can remain accessible while offering challenge. We also feel overdue for another Vagabond Sword event, after this cube one turning out to be a snooze.