Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If you want to beeline for the talent domain to get started on dendro traveler that domain isn't locked by a puzzle or anything. It's not even that far away, you can go straight to it without going into the city or seeing much of anything if you just want to get access to the talent books and do exploring later. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo, the traveller talks when you open treasure chests now! By 2044 they'll be fully voice acted in cutscenes!
Someone hasn't used the traveler in a long while :laugh:

Asimo posted:

Yeah. There's a new waypoint in the chasm and a tunnel right near it that leads under the mountain and to Sumeru, dropping you right on the quest objective. Of course this is just a bit out of the way when literally everyone is just climbing over the hills or gliding in from Liyue or whatever. :v:
The tunnel to the new region was as obvious as the entrance to the chasm was around before the chasm was added. It always had the vines too. But any quest marker pointing players to go into terrain is sure to see players wander every which-way

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Artifact recycling success :toot:

Yanfei, Fischl, and Yelan are all great for flying enemies like the new talent domain but I gotta hand it to Ayato for being my #1 anti-air.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
*tosses 500,000 mora in coins while dramatically walking away*

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Every member of my default party got buffed and it's pretty great.

https://i.imgur.com/QBzaand.mp4

Not perfect but this was a big improvement to the mobility crew

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

frajaq posted:

why does Katheryne sounds EVEN MORE robotic in Sumeru...
She always says stuff like ERROR or Rebooting... in Mondstadt at least in my game :psylon:

More will be revealed after a painfully long quest that will not acquaint you to the city or it's people in any way, just dialogue. All dialogue.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Tae posted:

The exploration is not good enough if you are bothered by the archon quest this much
After groundhog day imeru city I still don't know squat about the culture of the city or it's people and that's my criticism.

Was it all a dog's daydream? Is solipsism real? :devil: I like sumeru but hell doesn't have to be real

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
The F2P sumeru party for world puzzles is Yanfei/Dendro MC/Fischl/Barbara if you don't want to swap characters constantly.

c6 Fischl + 0 DPS Barbara is obscenely good. Make sure both have some EM and use barbara as your main field DPS. Try it with a dendro.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
gandlethorpe is a mad scientist.

Welp, using the interactive map I've found only 15 Collei mushrooms. Assuming I farm these every 2-3 days it will take me a month to ascend Collei :( Reminds me of release Ayaka back when there was only the one Inazuma island. But dendro traveler is up to 6/8/9 talents so I have that done. Use their hydro infused burst and avoid the others. I assume the expanded AOE expands the EM buffing field as well.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I got dendro MC to 6/8/9 talents and c2 on Saturday and I've been using them as my only dendro. I think it's fair to say they aren't very good. The hydro infused burst is the best for the hugely increased AOE but it doesn't proc very often. Usually I'm wondering if it works at all, dendro numbers where? A little dendro plip here and there maybe.

Also dendro MC is downright unsatisfying to play. The skill is slow, boring, and has issues hitting enemies on slightly different elevations. The burst is pretty much all there is and the passive EM ramp-up isn't meaningful because it starts tiny and by the time it maxes out let's be honest 60 EM is not a lot. Who cares? :raise:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
:lmao: No thanks I'll pass

I'm at 260/450 reputation so I need to do 5 more sidequests and get 20% exploration to unlock Sumeru bounties for this week. There is no way I will finish 5 sidequests in a week.

There are sidequests longer than the sumeru archon quest and no I am exaggerating. I haven't finished any of these sidequests so I have no idea how long they are but LONG

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I started Sumeru with 400 xp books. I've used 309 worth of xp books and I'm up to 500 xp books because Sumeru sure throws them at you. I haven't done a single leyline :v:

There's a wealth of mora/books/primos to be earned as the ceaseless barrage of quest stages continue to throw more rewards at you with every stage. There's like a lot of stages on sidequests. And now I unlock hidden region #3 and realize this only the end of the beginning. I just want to get started on weekly bounties
:negative:

The entirety of Genshin Impact is but a mote of dust compared to the inexhaustible length of the Aranara sidequest.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Good thing I have Zhongli because I cannot see poo poo :shepface:

:psyduck:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I just noticed the hydro team resonance now gives +25% HP and oh wow maybe I should look at Ayato/Yelan as a serious pair since they both have damage scaling with HP. Any ideas for that? Best teams I can think of right now are:

Team: 1
Hu Tao / Yelan / Xingqiu / Bennett

Team 2:
Ayato / Collei / Fischl / Zhongli

Run Ayato as main DPS on a dendro team so I can get away with having a Hu Tao team using both Xingqiu and Yelan. :toot: That +25% HP resonance looks great

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Easiest spiral abyss ever. Primo geovishap was tankier than the dendro dino :laugh:

Tanreall posted:

The last 3 or 4 abyss rotations have been very easy.

Thundering Fury and Thundersoother sets are very good in quicken teams for electro characters. Thundering Fury can also be good in hyperbloom but you're generally better off using an anemo unit to trigger the hyperblooms instead of an electro unit.
Ruin Serpent, Thundering manifestation, and Cryo hypo are very easy abyss bosses? :goonsay:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, what makes Fischl better than Raiden for most comps? I've just started building both of them up because I've barely played since I pulled Raiden and had also been badly neglecting my non-Xingqiu/Bennett 4-stars before then.

Harrow posted:

Yeah I was thinking about pairing Ayato and Raiden since Ayato has that 6-second gap between his infusion windows where Raiden's burst could fit in, and she'd help with his energy issues. But I also really like having Fischl around because it's useful to have an archer for exploration, and also Oz is cool.

Fischl is more built than Raiden so I'm using her now (while very very slowly trying to get The Catch) and I'm kicking myself for not building her sooner.
Fischl is electro support battery. Raiden is electro sub-DPS battery. Supports are like really good in this game. You can never have enough supports.

There's no reason you can't use Ayato and Raiden it's just not ~optimal~ to have two sub-DPS who will overlap on field time. Raiden works best on a team of 3x supports like Raiden/Collei/Yelan/Zhongli or Raiden/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Bennett. Ayato and Raiden will have issues with shielded enemies because Raiden does no off-field electro to elemental shields. Since you have c6 Fischl, Ayato and Fischl should be BFFs forever. This is an absolute no-brainer Ayato attacks extremely fast and c6 Fischl has no cooldown on joint attacks which will then trigger electrocharged on every attack and proc Fischl's A4 every 0.5s in addition to Oz's attacks so you will see a lot going on at once.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not sure what the distinction between support and sub-DPS is for you because Fischl's literal only two jobs are doing damage and generating energy.
All I mean is how you use the character in rotations. What role are they filling? I've used Fischl as a main phys DPS with Chong/Bennett as supports. Like Ning or Heizou can easily be a main DPS or sub DPS depending on how you rotate them.

Main DPS (long rotation) - Spends most of the time on field dealing consistent dmg (e.g. Yanfei, Ayaka)
Sub DPS (medium rotation) - Has a 5-10s skill/burst window or series of moves they stay on field to do with longer downtimes (e.g. Raiden, Ayato)
Support (very short rotation) - On field as little as possible (e.g. Xiangling, Diona)

That's just my semantics. Point being your team wants 3-4 supports. (You can never have too many supports.) What a support is can be as relative. Some people run proto amber Yanfei as a healer/shielder instead of main DPS. :v:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Maybe my Collei shouldn't have 83% crit rate if dendro bloom reactions can't crit? What does collei want, her skills seem to say ATK but dendro reactions say EM and more EM. Should I try removing hydro completly for aggravate reactions and focus on that if I want to keep crit rate on Collei? Right now I only get bloom/hyperbloom with electrocharged dendro soup.

What's the point of the deepwood dendro set? Unless I'm running two dendros I don't see a point in having dendro resist shred on anyone compared to the very useful EM buffs from gilded dreams 4-piece.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
New gadget seems useful

Is this the new "How I achieved greatness on a sonic bed" article? The writer likes anime and far-right memes I wonder what corner of the internet they hail from. :jerkbag:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'm still not sure how I want to build Yelan.
Yelan does decent damage and you should try to build her dmg, but ultimately her hydro application is most important and with 200% ER you should be fine. With such a low a refinement and no crit rate circlets it's gonna tough to get many particles. Could always try the recurve bow and an ER sands but it's probably not worth prying any ER severed fate off someone that needs it more.

I'm curious how many of you still have crap artifacts like crit rate circlets with only 2 useful substats? Any other universal mainstat artifact I would mulch if it had less than 3 good substats, but crit rate circlets man... I've only found 2 crit circlets that rolled into a 3rd useful substat.

Statistically I should have 3 dendro goblets by now :argh:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Hell yeah that's a good banner. Everyone with Kokomi has high praise for her and she was one of the most used characters on the abyss tracker. Of people that have Kokomi she was used in 83.6% of their fastest reported abyss clear which put her in the top 5 most used characters.

I'm still torn because Kokomi's fish-attire is hideous and whenever she talks Kokomi manages to be even more insufferable than Yelan the snide, self-obsessed hydro bayonetta. At least Yelan doesn't sound like she's quoting Sun Tzu because that is a bridge too far on the obnoxious/embarrassing character scale.

gandlethorpe posted:

Cool trick I'm only just learning is that Kokomi can snapshot her empowered jellyfish by casting E during Q and swapping before the first tick.
How is your Kazuha still level 80? Do you not use him all the time? :raise:

There's a couple of characters I hit level 81 with just by using them so much but none as quickly as Kazuha.

FractalSandwich posted:

They always announce all the 5-stars for a patch ahead of time, right? So I can wait to see who'll be in 3.1 before I decide whether or not to commit to Kokomi?
That's exactly why I waited until now to decide on committing to Tighnari or not. :toot:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
After stockpiling 5* reliquaries from the abyss to roll for dendro dmg goblets, burning through 30 fragile resin, and using primos on a daily resin refresh every day since Sumeru I'm up 300+ 5* artifacts. After much recycling I finally got my first dendro goblet!

Sure is... something. :eek:

Starting from two good substats and flat atk isn't that bad. :shobon: But ohhhh the substat rolls.... those were very, very bad :smith:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Happy Underpants posted:

I like the game part of the game, where I push buttons and things happen. The characterization is very much tertiary to me.

Ningguang is a good example. Throw rocks, put up a wall, throw more rocks, power move is throwing the most rocks and, at C6, following it up with even more rocks. Tons of fun. Her characterization is some kind of rags to riches high class lady? She's some kind of bureaucracy queen? Sure. fine. Why is she going on this adventure with me? why is she climbing mountains to get flowers and jumping into streams to catch fish? Why is she doing all of these rough and tumble things in heels? If she's a load bearing functionary shouldn't she be fulfilling her responsibilities in a tacky golden office?
The traveler has killed every playable character after administering Seluvis' potion from Elden Ring that prevents their soul from passing on, thus allowing Seluvisthe traveler to force the soul into a summonable puppet. The traveler is a mute psycho necro-sorcerer murdering their way around Teyvat. Paimon is in on it. This will all be lore. :colbert:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Make sure you wish on the right banner y'all

Maybe I can do without Kokomi, I do have plenty of healers

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
What is this character :psyduck: What are they supposed to be?

Should I build for HP scaling? Should I build for ATK scaling? Should I keep the favonius greatsword or use the bell and ignore crit rate/dmg in favor of EM for non-critting electro-reactions?

Dori's A4 is baffling. Did they intentionally make it a catch-22 when they picked that ER% threshold? You get the most energy regen when your ER is so high that you don't need energy. You get the least energy regen when you would actually benefit from some more energy. At over 200% ER with a 20s burst cooldown what's the point of 10 extra energy? She's already gonna be bursting on cooldown.

quote:

Compound Interest
When the Troubleshooter Shots or After-Sales Service Rounds from Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon hit opponents, Dori will restore 5 Elemental Energy for every 100% Energy Recharge possessed.
Per Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon, only one instance of Energy restoration can be triggered and a maximum of 15 Energy can be restored this way.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

MoonCrab posted:

Also she can use the Inazuma claymore pretty well in a team where she can skill twice. Skill > Burst works somehow.
Weapon refines give energy regen on elemental skill use once every 10s so the Whateverest-san craftable claymore 4* seems perfect for Dori's 9s CD elemental skill and 20s CD burst. With her A4 regen she'll be bursting all the time. :toot:

That's great but what is the point even? :effort: Dori just heals and regens energy every 2s on burst for a single character on field. I can think of a few characters that can heal+battery: Bennett, Jean, Diona, Shinobu.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Does Kokomi's skill not have a chance to generate particles unless it deals damage? (Meaning doesn't work on shielded enemies similar to Raiden's skill)

I have 200% ER and no issues with Kokomi's burst uptime until I tried using her in co-op and found myself in the exact same hell as 0 DPS Barbara. I can keep some randos alive forever but the domain will never end because they do no damage. Kokomi without her burst isn't much better off than Barbara for damage. Seems only Jean can truly drag players through a domain by keeping them alive while dealing good damage. Far better to use Bennett/Shinobu and heal only those who want help. If Ganyu is going to stand in a corner missing charged shots the entire time then she is on her own. Everyone can die and watch me chip away at Tsaritsa for 5 minutes. This is the way. :colbert:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Is 3.1 coming next or are there going to be more banners to tempt my primos before Tighnari gets added as a standard 5*?

I still don't know how dendro works. Spread/quicken/aggravate can all crit and the rest of dendro reactions can't? Seems like I never get those spread reactions whenever hydro is in the mix so if I want to make use of crits I should be avoiding hydro?

But let's be honest Collei is not reliable enough at dendro application to make a proper dendro-reaction team. She has issues with burst targeting, who knows where Collei's burst will go this time? Sometimes she'll ignore the nearest enemy and toss her burst towards someone she can't even reach. :confused:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Yeah I broke 6000 on today's stage.

Man I have too many characters I can't use together because they all share the same black sword for crit rate. Maybe it's high time I end this inventory swapping nightmare and get a 2nd sword leveled up

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
My experience with dendro so far:

Dendro+Pyro = Burning :effort:
Dendro+Hydro = Bloom reactions
Dendro+Electro = ???????

Dendro+Pyro+Hydro = Lose reverse vapes and gain what?
Dendro+Pyro+Electro = Overloaded. As soon as something is burning the only electro reaction you will be seeing is overload. Overload is crap.
Dendro+Hydro+Electro = Bloom reactions.
Dendro+Pyro+Hydro+Electro = Sorry all bloom reactions.

Maybe dendro defaults to bloom because I'm using a certain broken hydro applicator. Must be that cuz there's only one character in the game that fits that description. :v: It's XQ/Yelan/Mona/etc

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

Not if you're Sucrose

ninjoatse.cx posted:

level your talents people :colbert:
Rate my Sucrose?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
So for building Kokomi if I go 4-piece millelith I probably want: healing circlet, Hydro goblet, and HP sands.

My options are:
1) Grind millelith for Kokomi (and Fischl)
2) Grind clam for Kokomi
3) Mix-and-match 2-piece maiden / HoD sets

Zhongli and Shinobu are my only 4-piece millelith users so Kokomi can stay 4-piece millelith. But if I finish a millelith set for Fischl then suddenly I dont want millelith on Kokomi anymore. Slight conundrum there. :ohdear: The other option is 2-piece sets. If I'm mixing HoD and maidens should I consider swapping either my healing circlet or hydro goblet for HP? I already get some healing bonus and hydro dmg from those sets.

Sucks I've spent a year on VV/maidens collecting my hoard of EM maidens artifacts. I've pruned only the 'best' maiden pieces for future healers which all have some crit rate/dmg. I never imagined a future healer that cannot crit. Even Barbara likes her crits. Surely I'd want crit rate for the favonius weapons! :v:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
These talking plants sure like to talk. A lot.

After Aranyaka Part 3 there's Part 4. :stare:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Some NPCs give you a treat when you read their dialogue the first time. Usually garbage items but a few NPCs give something actually good. The only one you really don't want to miss is this dude who gives you a unique sword:
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Chen_the_Sharp

I use it on Shinobu. Saves me a billet crafting a 2nd iron sting and looks cooler (when you ascend it.)

ninjoatse.cx posted:

grind clam. You’ve already raised all of her talents, taken her final ascension and given her her best 4 star dps weapon (outside hakuhin ring taser teams), give her the clam set to see her really pop off.
Building Kokomi cost me 1900 resin, how much resin do you think it will take to build a clam set for her? :monocle: Realistically it's probably like 10,000+.

I refined the proto amber to r3 for Kokomi. Turns out I don't need Kokomi for heals at all with the r3 proto amber. :lol: I might have to look at Heizou again, he could totally do the job of a full-time healer and still be support-battery for VV swirl resist shred.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Kokomi trip report: She is annoying and looks dumb. Prototype amber is very good at healing and wait why am I using this on Kokomi when the catalyst already does all the healing? Anyways proto amber Heizou is an excellent healer with on-demand VV shred. A+ would recommend proto Heizou

Unyielding IV Domain clear time
Barbara + Fischl 1:08
Xingqiu + Fischl 0:55
Kokomi + Fischl 0:52
Heizou + Fischl 0:48 :dance:
Yelan + Fischl 0:48
Ayato + Fischl 0:38

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Love when you get an artifact with perfect substats for a certain character and it still manages to be crap by getting the lowest possible upgrades. Meanwhile some crap crit circlet with 3 flat bonuses remains one of my best crit circlets since forever because 23% crit dmg and 66 flat atk comes out ahead. There are some characters like Ning and Yanfei who benefit meaningfully from flat ATK.

This was meant for Yelan :eng99:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Does swirling a 2nd element remove the VV debuff for the 1st element on an enemy, or do all VV swirls last 10s individually?

Like:
Diona skill+burst -> Kazuha skill+burst inside Diona field -> Yelan/XQ skill+burst -> Ayaka dash+skill+burst -> Kazuha skill to pull enemies into Ayaka's burst

Kazuha typically buffs hydro on the 2nd rotation and all I can see in menu stats are Kazuha's elemental dmg buffs which work for many elements simultaneously. I'm not sure if many elemental debuffs is also true with VV swirls.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Was clam even worth it? Kokomi does more damage and heals more with clam, but all that glitters is not gold. :geno:

Sucks Kokomi couldn't be like Fischl who can either restart or refresh her elemental skill on burst. I'm pretty bad about timing Kokomi's burst rotations to refresh her skill uptime before it's too late. Activating the burst right before 8.0s on skill CD doesn't refresh her jellyfish because the burst doesn't start until the animation ends. Losing the skill refresh doesn't matter so much if I'm using her burst for field-time, but extending her skill duration while using milleliths and having off-field hydro seems preferable to Kokomi splashing enemies with more hydro.

How does the foam damage work on shielded enemies?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I use Ayato a lot and he's really good. Something to note if you use trial Ayato in the event is how his AOE lets Ayato hit hovering enemies and enemies blocking with shields. Ayato's infused AOE is so generous I rarely use him with anemo because the grouping just isn't necessary. If the enemies are close enough for anemo suction then they are close enough for Ayato to hit them without the grouping.

Team #2 is my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Maxwells Demon posted:

1) I am at 45/46 Teleport locations unlocked. Every spot on the map is lit up, haven't done Tighnari's story quest. Is this expected right now or is there something I'm missing like doing 1+ of each domain?
How are you seeing the total number of teleporters in a region?

It's probably the teleporter in this cave that doesn't show up on the map until you get nearby. You'll have to look around a bit.