Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I touched grass in Sumeru then had to log out to do other things, 10/10 best patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

sushibandit posted:

What's up brother from another mother. Must be new version luck bonus in play.

Close, just missing the 4* character, but dang this must be some new version luck lol

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I need to stop being distracted and just power through the Archon quest and stop going "oooh, teleport point near here, should grab it, oooh a chest, oooh where does this lead?"

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Finally finished the Archon quest, that was pretty fun. Time to murder a bunch of Sages tho, what a bunch of assholes. If Dunyarzad died then I'd have burnt the whole city down.

Time to burn through the event and then I can finally relax and start wandering around exploring.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Gonna suck when it ends up just being the Fatui who somehow manipulated the Sages.

I'm really hoping that it's more a case of noble intentions gone wrong. As the game pointed out, when stuck in the samsara all of Sumeru become one giant brain, which is ideal for trying to brute force a solution to a problem via mass computing power, which is similar to what academics do with super computers now. Might have a solution to the Irminsul problem but it's going to take decades to work out at regular computing speeds? Speed it up by using this super brain and drat the consequences, we got a tree to cure which will hopefully return our god to us at the same time.

I more expect the Fatui to be working with the desert people who are trying to bring their long dead god back to life, which is ripe for all sorts of harbinger fuckery. Like how Dottore shoved bits of dead god into Collei

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Me every time this thread starts talking about team comps and other combat related things

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Finally leveled Jean to 80, slapped some artifacts on her and now I can't stop launching things with her skill, it's just so dang fun.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

So I'm currently on a quest to make Noelle even stronger because she's the best, and I've been tinkering around with the Genshin Optimizer but I've been getting some odd results. After telling it to optimize around here elemental skill and it tell me to switch to an artifact set which results in me losing 1k of DEF but somehow gaining 4k DPS. I thought stacking DEF on C6 Noelle was the way to go but should I follow it's suggestions anyway?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

No Wave posted:

Crit (and geo dmg) are much stronger on Noelle than DEF. This is because her burst adds her atk and 120% of her def (at C6) together, so she has a pretty fat atk score under burst even with zero def substat rolls. As weird as it sounds perfect Noelle substats would have about zero actual DEF rolls, you'd just only hit crit. Albedo and Yelan scale entirely off of their DEF/HP, so you actually actively want some def/hp rolls on them. (Husk is still Noelle's BiS either way)

Makes sense, the new set had better crit stats which explains the increase in damage. Time to farm some more artifacts then.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

The new banner is pretty much a choice between an unstoppable murder machine (Ganyu) or becoming effectively unkillable (Kokomi) so pick the one that suits your play style.

Sumeru is great, touch the wisdom grass all you want but do not touch the cursed wisdom tree.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

The real endgame is running around the overworld with Yelen one-shotting everything with 30-60k hits from her E.

This but with Ganyu instead, all problems can be solved by using more arrows.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Reading is cool, but if you just want to press buttons the game should let you with minimal fuss.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I also play the game in English so there's more than 6 of us at least lol. Managed to scrape together a full VV set for Jean so looking forward to trying her out at some point and now it's time to farm still for Fischl because a lucky 10 pull on the standard banner dumped a Skyward Harp in my lap and Ganyu already has Amos' Bow.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Mix. posted:

:stonk: HEY WHEN DID THEY ADD RIFTWOLVES TO MONDSTADT I JUST WANTED SOME LAMP GRASS

Sometime around patch 2.4 I think. Now Razors whole quest bit about strange not wolves turning up in wolvendom now makes more sense seeing as they are now there lol.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

If an Aranara dunks on Paimon then we are now best friends forever.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Harrow posted:

I will be sad if the build spreadsheet ends up abandoned because it's a great "what do I prioritize for this character?" guide that doesn't come in the form of a dozen different videos on Youtube.

Same, the build spreadsheet is great for stuff like "what artifact set to use?" and saves me from having to understand all the various stats and what set does what.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Ganyu always has a place in my overworld/main team because she murders everything except cryo slimes. Genshin is pretty much The Legend of Lumine: Ganyu's Long Overdue Holiday as far as I'm concerned.

Almost finished the Aranara quests, which has been my favorite quest chain so far, hopefully we get to see more of them in future patches.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm getting lots of having the camera take control to point directly at a rock wall

This is incredibly irritating, especially when I'm in combat and the game goes to point at something else with Paimon chiming in that there's something near by, meanwhile some Eremite is doing their best to murder me. That and the random events triggering on the surface while I'm underground.

Hopefully I can snag Venti on the upcoming banners. Cyno is cool and all, but I want to complete my Archon collection.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Seeing as this is the thread for all things MiHoYo, what's up with Honkai Star Rail? Have they announced a release date for it yet? I keep seeing character images and stuff but have heard nothing about the game at all.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Good lord grinding for Artifacts continues to suck and is the biggest thing I wish they'd fix as I really hate having to interact with this part of the game as it's just so anti fun compared to the rest. I don't care about the substats, just give me a loving crit rate circlet in the husk set. Honest to god at this point I'd buy one if that option were available. Time to do something else before I get even more tilted.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

kater posted:

It occurred to me while dragging my rear end through the archon quest in time to start the event and mostly complete it: genshin impact is a good game.

it's going to be so weird switching between it and BotW2 next year.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Dumped 60 wishes and got Venti, C1 Candace and upgraded my Kuki to C4 so not a bad haul. Hopefully my 50/50 luck holds for Nilou

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Mix. posted:

i attribute traveler's going along with dumb plans to the same mindset i do the WoL from XIV doing idiotic things sometimes: they think its funny/more interesting to do the dumb thing :v:

The Traveler's gotta do something to entertain themselves while waiting to meet the next Archon.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I whaled for C0 Raiden, so I'll probably whale for C0 Nahida

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Slowly making my way through the Archon quest, hopefully I can finish it tonight so I can start to move on to the event quest.

Only thread titles I can think of are spoilers lol

Genshin Impact Tree.1: Gaslighting 101 with the Dendro Archon
Genshin Impact Tree.1: Grand Theft Archon

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Finished the Archon quest finally and made a dent in the new event. Looking forward to drop kicking that douche Scaramouche into a volcano or something in the future.

Also before any additional endgame content is added I want Mihoyo to fill in this bit of the map because it's been annoying me since I started playing:

what secrets are you hiding there?!

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Having a lot of fun with Dendro MC/Kokomi/Raiden which deletes pretty much everything, although having ruin machines in wither zones sucks so drat much, good lord.

I do wish we could just stick someone in the 5th character slot to switch to for overworld puzzles, I'd just put Amber there and then all my problems with torches would go away.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Gonna roll for Nilou and then whale for Nahida

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Eimi posted:

I really wanted to go hard on Nilou but her numbers being pretty mediocre, in terms of personal damage her ult is Yelan's E twice and her E's are like one bolt of Yelan's three bolt ult for most of the hits so nothing to write home about. Also while it's a questionable leak that had Raiden, Eula, and Ayaka in the same patch, at the very least Raiden is basically all but assured given we've gotten the other three archons before her and Eula at least has been mia for long enough to be due a rerun, and those three are basically my most wanted.

As cute as Nilou is I'd rather go for the known quantities I really want. :negative:

Disregard nerds with their leaks and bad opinions, acquire cute gatcha girl (or Diluc).

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Hopefully they re-run Shenhe and Yae soon as they are the only 5* I missed getting the first time around.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Kale posted:

Yae is all but confirmed for 3.2 second half by credible leakers alongside a 3rd Childe rerun. You can almost sense them throwing Raiden into the Scaramouche banner for 3.3 since she's kind of due as well and while it works thematically I'm sure a lot of people would consider that downright mean. Shenhe seems like a strong candidate for 3.4 or the Lantern rite along with Hu Tao which I'd bet any money on for Lantern Rite since it's been just about a year already since she was last featured in a banner. These are basically all the characters off the top of my head that have had the longest time since their last rerun minus Maybe Eula who was around last Christmas/New Years.

Ooof that's a lotta primo's I'm gonna need then. Nilou -> Nahida -> Yae -> Raiden's Weapon -> Shenhe

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I thought I had a guarantee so Nilou was in the bag, but I was wrong and Keqing decided to show up instead. So alas, no dancer but now I have a guaranteed Nahida.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Just finished the Golden Slumber quest chain and started the new one, hopefully we get a continuation with Jeht and Benben soon.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Very late to the party but now that I've leveled Yelan she's pretty fun. Using her burst then machine gunning things to death is *chefs kiss*

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Can't wait to get and build Nahida so my main team is Nahida/Kokomi/Raiden/Ganyu. Hopefully the artifact domain is kind to me lol.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Happy Birthday Nahida, look at all these dead sages I got you.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

BoldFace posted:

I can already imagine the future Abyss floor 12 that is just six hypostases fights back to back.

edit: Make the final chamber a fight with two cubes simultaneously

Pretty sure an upcoming event is exactly this, where we just fight the various cubes with some modifications.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Finished the Archon quest, Chapter 3 is a huge improvement over Chapter 2. Looking forward to Fontaine!

Time to mop up all the chests and quests that I haven't done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I'll get around to leveling the others one day.