Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
80 pulls, seven Fischls. wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

holy poo poo....

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nilou+Candace+Cyno kits have finally leaked. Cyno looks like he'll use deathmatch or maaaybe Kitain Cross Spear. Nilou will probably use the new craftable sword even though festering desire looks more fun. Candace can use favonious or black tassel.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can convert ore to old wood 1:1 in teapot. Up to 10 team slots. Monayaka dash (+yelan/sayu etc) can go over more terrain. Can set bow horizontal/vertical sensitivity individually.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cyno looks off... his signature weapon looks way too strong and his kit is totally ridiculous with 4 Thundering fury. I guess he has drawbacks but wow he puts eulittoxiao to shame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm very interested to see just how wet it is - if it's truly hydro samachurl levels of wet her optimal comp could be triple dendro. Her C0 damage doesnt seem that good so I think she'll maybe use the craftable sword + the -dendro res artifact set.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Urbane II posted:

Drop rates of new enemy materials are not pissing me off. Definitely listened to feedback.
I'm a little ticked off because the thing that drops over and over and over isnt even useful. Tighnari's drop is fairly uncommon. It's nothing like spectre goo and handguards though ofc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

The desert (and thus scarabs) aren't available until 3.1
I should really just make some alts already. This is clearly something they like doing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What so you can loot the alts' co-op worlds? Keep in mind that they have to be the same world level as your main account....
Just pester some goons until you find one who hasn't rolled the new character and doesn't mind. Or wait 3 days to level cyno up... 2 whole loads of mats should be more than enough.
3 will just barely be enough - I have 58 in total right now and the only ones left (about 6) are quest-locked. I think you can join lower level worlds but not higher level worlds. I'd only use it for non-prefarmable specialties and up until 3.0 Ayaka was the only character who had this situation but now it's Tigh, Collei, Cyno, possibly Candace too.

It didnt matter as much for Ayaka as Tigh tho because quicken does not deal actual damage until 80+ and that's his comp.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 24, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No Wave posted:

I'm a little ticked off because the thing that drops over and over and over isnt even useful. Tighnari's drop is fairly uncommon. It's nothing like spectre goo and handguards though ofc.
omg I am an idiot. When you use quicken or burning on mushrooms they drop the new powder. When you don't you get the old kind of powder (which is used for character ascensions/talents so you need a lot more of it). Making me bench keqing when I actually want to use her!!!!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tighnari's not a crazy strong character. But to me he's most similar to Ayato, who's also defined by his weird 6 seconds on/6 seconds off rotations. Yae and Fischl both suit him well, right now I'm running Zhongli as the 4th but a dendro healer would be better because dendro resonance is meaningful and Tigh can get his burst up better with another dendro. His burst is an enormous chunk of his damage, roughly similar damage to all three of his charge attacks combined.

gandlethorpe posted:

New 4* gacha weapons in 3.1 look insane, especially the sword
Yeah it's crazy. Hope it ends up woth cyno's weapon and not Nilou's.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

One thing I like about Tighnari is that his skill is like a pseudo-infusion and it also isn't lost when swapping. There's no huge reason why you can't stagger uses of his skill, so that may open up different playstyles as a reaction enabler.

Still, his main thing is clearly to proc spread a lot. I did some testing, and he can apply Dendro 11 times on a single target with a Q>E>CAx3 combo. I'm excited to level him up and put together a decent set because I find the mathcraft fun to crunch. A good way to think about spread/aggravate is to calculate how much bonus damage it adds in relation to ATK scaling (i.e. compared to a 100% hit), then add up all the base talent %s for a rotation and the spread procs separately. Then it's easy to see how much more damage was done thanks to spread.

Example
pre:
Trial Tighnari's stats are:
  • Level 80
  • ATK: 1239
  • EM: 371 (421 after firing a level 2 CA)
His talent scaling is as follows:
  • Level 2 CA = 139.5% + 61.8% * 4 = 386.7% per CA
  • E = 239.4%
  • Q = 89% * 6 + 108.8% *6 = 1186.8%
  • Combo total = 1186.8% + 239.4% + 386.7% *3 = 2586.3%
Spread scaling:
  • Base ATK bonus at level 80: 1346
  • EM bonus: +129.8%
  • Bonus ATK added: 3093
  • Talent % equivalent = 3093/1239 = 249.6%
  • # of procs = 11
  • Total from spread = 249.6% * 11 = 2745.6%
So with perfect execution, you're doing more than double damage than without reactions. Not too shabby if you ask me.
Yeah. Having him stuck at 59 has been driving me crazy. He loses ~30% DPS from not having his A4 active, another 15% DPS from ascension stat (very meaningful qithout dendro cup), and multiplicatively about 80% of his quicken base damage. (this is on top of the usual low talent levels/level gap damage reduction). So a level 59 Ayaka can be at ~60% of full strength, whereas for non-dendro cup Tighnari it's more like 25%.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Well, you can always build Keqing's equivalent quicken team while waiting for his flowers to respawn! :v:
I was! Until I found out electro tanks the drop chances for the powders Tigh owners need hundreds of. So back to Ayato I guess.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Inazuma didnt have ore expeditions either. It's a little weird to be honest, it's not like getting four more mystic ores a day is gamebreaking.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 25, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The line of mushrooms walking together in the mushroom forest. I feel sooo bad fighting them. In general tho I love the mushrooms a lot, my favorite new enemies since launch, they're all so cute, unqiue, easy, and slapping around five different mushroom tyoes at once is so funny. Sumeru is incredible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's true - Sakura spawn count was higher, and blossoms are only on Kannazuka. It took me three spawns for Ayaka either way but Ayaka is less level dependent on top of it. PLUS collei has her own mushroom needs which are even harder! (also, fishing, even though end of the line is an extraordinarily bad weapon)

Also, if for some reason you arent using your Fading Twilight, give it to Collei it's exactly what she wants.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 26, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I use Tigh/Fischl/Yae/Zhongli (not a healer but close enough). I don't find there's any issue with needing an onfielder because having to Yae turret every 12 seconds takes up a good three seconds, tighnari takes up five or six between burst+skill+charge shots, and then it's just Fischl E or Q and zhongli hold E. Certainly has no problem vs world bosses but kind of falls apart in the current 12-1-1 and 12-1-2 for a variety of reasons (huge aoe rooms + obnoxious element shields that make aggravate impossible).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Well that's a loving flower

Was not expecting to get one of my best pieces ever building a Dendro support Albedo

Edit: lmao, the whole set turned out way better than it had any right to

Does the character who procs the elemental reaction have to be the one holding the set? I would have put it on ZL in your comp (or another low damage character like kuki in other comps).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Archon quest so good. Even the Tighnari and Haitham part 1 was a big improvement, let alone part 2. I remember there used to be arguments about what the best region was... well, there won't be any more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Best character basically means they have highest off field uptime and a bit of utility eventually with C6. They are mostly there to activate quicken (electro mushroom is best mushroom as well).

The issue with dendro at the moment is the existing dendro characters aren't especially good. There's no one close to yelan/xingqiu/fischl/bennett/zhongli/kazuha in terms of general usefulness and no payoffs like Ayaka or xiangling. Bloom isnt any worse than overload and quicken is very strong, but dendro units arent strong enough yet to compete. A dendro version of any of the above characters would be top tier.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Real Cool Catfish posted:

So I’ve recently started playing this game and I’m about at the point where I hit soft pity for the event character wishes.

Really torn between the two 5*’s to shoot for, they both look cool. Anyone got a favourite from them?
Zhongli might feel kind of bad to get as a very early 5* because what he does is fundamentally uninteresting and he doesnt really deal damage. But he's used a lot by almost everyone who owns him regardless of how big their roster is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I doubt the accuracy of any dehya kit leaks (beyond 5* claymore), but adding a fourth vaporize focused character (fifth if we include yanfei) does not make much sense to me. Burning is so, so undertuned that it's hard to envision what it will look like - burning conceptually makes the most sense with 3 dendro 1 pyro but again this requires a deeper dendro roster than we have today to make it work.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's pretty amusing that in 3 days we're going from 12-3 ruin serpent to 12-3 big green chicken that falls over. Proof of sumeru's superiority as a region.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

Trying to put together an aggravate team is suffering because anemo is so good with it, but I hate running without a healer/shielder. Jean would be perfect with that in mind, and it makes missing her/how hard she is to ever get sting more.
I wouldnt worry too much. We'll get a dendro healer eventually and that will be way better than using Jean.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lucky. I've been getting a little lucky on him too but I've gotten 2 drops as well as 3 drops. It's entirely possible drop odds were changed this patch given how often they ask about the difficulty of leveling characters on surveys but there's no way of knowing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, just give me all the spoilers, the Archon quest unlocks the bounties and requests and the end of the Sabsereuz Festival is like 2 hours of cutscenes right?

I'm just going off of what's been posted in here that isn't behind spoiler bars. Not sure which quests unlock the rest of the map.

Also the Aloy mail is about to expire so I can't wait to see what happens. Does she just become unobtainable or will the give you another one with not constellation system activated for her or her bow?
My guess is you'll end up in the same situation as the other 30 million players without an Aloy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mix. posted:

i was watching a youtube video where the guy said, and i quote, 'sumeru is basically just a visual novel' and i was sitting there like :dafuq:
act 3 part 2 spoiler: Time loops are reaaaaally common in VNs, and VNs are often engrossing and you can sit there for three+ hours easily just enjoying scrolling through dialogue like in act 3 part 2. I assume that's all he meant.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't bother with minmaxing friend xp for raiden/signora. It makes maxing out friendship xp take about two days longer, which seems fine to me. Raiden will always be taken care of by Ayaka/Shenhe/Diona/Kazuha for me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I still have no idea what's going on in the Raiden boss fight or how to do anything other than brute force it. Seems like some weeks she goes down quickly and others she blocks everything or teleports enough to make it take twice as long. I just checked the wiki and it turns out she has like 80 different moves, as well as two stances I never realized she switched between. For something done once a week, I refuse to learn all this.
The reason I like the boss, a lot, is that you dont really have to but all the different moves means she doesnt feel stale like the azhdaha fight (having 3 attacks she does every fight - clones, this is the final calamity, and jump rope, makes for a nice pause in between the more chaotic sections). I am super happy/impressed with the fight and if future weeklies are close to as high effort I'll be blown away.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people generally just stacking health on Zhongli for the shield, or doing some kind of mix to get some damage from his burst? or does it just kinda depend on what i need more...

I don't really have any great spears. I have The Catch for him right now
Favonious lance + max CR + not minding if I get HP rolls (CR/atk/geo). I boxed a lot of noblesse back in the day.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That bit about the .5 CD is really interesting! It explains why Ayaka takes longer to kill it than I expect (who would under normal circumstances be able to do it with dash -> skill -> NA -> CA but it tends to take one more attack because the NA comes out too fast after the skill). I guess I'll try holding the NA for a pause to see if I can do it in one sequence.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had everyone level 81 with artifacts I liked before this patch. And even I'm feeling the burn with this 3 character 5 week patch, 12 days straight of farming bosses for tigh/collei/dori and collecting the requisite 500 regional specialties. I've already gone from 1500 purple books down to 900.

The wild part is 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 are all suspected to have a 4 star as well (candace, layla, faruzan, and YAOYAO (very unconfirmed beyond candace))

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 31, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll pull everyone except cyno. His animations and QTE are cool he just doesnt seem like he has much to him.

Harrow posted:

Are gameplay leaks spoilers? I'm gonna tag it just to be safe, but Nilou's kit: she looks like she has a ton of similarities to Ayato--E lets her do hydro infused melee but with an alternate stance and move set, Q is a lingering AoE hydro field--but with much more focus on HP scaling and also a hyper-focus on bloom reactions. Are there major differences I'm missing? It's interesting to see two characters of the same element, with the same weapon, with such similar gameplay styles, though I guess Nilou's "only hydro and dendro team" thing sets her apart.
If I'm reading the numbers right ayato should just be better in every way outside of bloom teams. Nilou does less damage with less application and utility as an on field dps. Nilou will instead specifically enable bountiful bloom teams where you build her full hp and sit her in the back. The viability of these teams will depend entirely on future dendro characters, there is a lot of awkwardness around them with the current 3 dendro characters. Ideally there will be an on field dendro normal attacker dps that scales with EM and an off field dendro healer, as with the current roster you're stuck with nilou+kokomi/barbara and unable to use the op hydro units (yelan and xingqiu). You could tehnically yelan+xingqiu+nilou+tighnari and it would kind of work despite feeling very strange to play.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 31, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

It's not a buff she just infused hydro. Think less Hydro Yun Jin and more Hydro Chongyun.
Candace's burst gives a normal attack buff that scales with her HP. It's like 35% or so between the flat 15% and the part that scales with HP, way less than what yunjin does but nilou can't use yunjin. Ofc the issue with normal attack buffs in general is that yelan and xingqiu are overpowered.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

serefin99 posted:

I'm currently laser-locked on Cyno so hard it's honestly not even funny. Like, not only have I been farming the electro vine like crazy, but last Sunday I even took the time to build up a spear for him. Also got about 18k gems atocked up, and I'm like 20-30 rolls into pity already.
Just to warn you, he's getting a very good free spear next patch. Deathmatch will possibly be better but it should outperform every other 4 star.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I want Kusanali to be dendro klee. That's all it would take to make Nilou really good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In the past 243 days (since January 1st) there have actually only been 7 characters released
Guh. From 3.0 to end of 3.2 we may be getting 8 characters in 105 days. No wonder my resources feel low.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I just kinda feel like the bloom reactions are... dumb? Fischl's bird doesn't target them, pyro reactions with both dendro and hydro... It almost feels like a de-synergization to set them up.
If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k. Kuki is > thoma here because you get to reduce dendro res with kuki's artifact set (boosting hyperbloom damage) and burgeon does pyro damage.

But given the difference between spread and aggravate scaling it may be a very long time before we get a super duper dendro applier.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 1, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How does dendro reaction electro-charged (hydro+electro)?
It seems to do all three - bloom, immediate hyperbloom, and quicken. This is cool because it a.) turns your dendro damage into a quicken comp for cheap and b.) isn't that big a problem because kuki applies so little electro anyways if you don't use her burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tanreall posted:

Burgeon does dendro damage.
Thoma is saved! Now I need TWO elemental mastery deepwood sets!