Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gonna finally be able to play the new stuff tonight, since I had only preloaded things on my phone and I prefer to use the PC for actual new/story content like this (I use mobile for most other gameplay just because it's convenient and I can do it while in bed or on the treadmill*). This game benefits a lot from being played on a big TV due to the colorful visuals.

* this results in falling sometimes, but it is in my own house so it isn't embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

Man Rana’s world quest I think is longer than the Archon quest.

Though it’s actually a bunch of world quests that interconnect with each other. Not complaining though as it’s pretty awesome.

Yeah I spent like 2-3 hours doing it and I'm not done yet. I just got access to the village of pseudo-Koroks. I did some extra exploration though; I have all but one of the big map-unlocking towers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

Ah thanks for this, I've been trying to mark any I find. Removing a lot of my old artifact markers since I never really farm 1/2* artifacts anyways.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Hah, me too just earlier today. The 48-hour respawn timer is murder though. It's not Ayaka but at least now I can sympathize for anyone who pulled her on her first banner.

IMO getting the sakura blossoms was much easier, because there seem to have been a much larger number condensed within a smaller area (mostly just on the first island). I think it only took like 3 spawns of them for me to have enough to fully ascend her.

These lotus things appear to be spread throughout the entire zone, and I've only found a couple places with a large number in one place.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's something intensely satisfying about Tighnari's burst animation followed by a waterfall explosion of numbers.

I also like how his rotation has these brief "super fast charge attack" phases after each skill use. Though currently mine does garbage damage because he's still really weak (I have him built almost entirely for EM right now just because that's what I have on hand).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think I figured out part of what bugs me about Genshin's main story quests.

The developers are basically in a situation where they need to make them short enough that people can reasonably quickly get through them to unlock content immediately after release (like when Sumeru is released, there's an expectation that you can literally finish its story content immediately after). But this ends up with every full story segment, which is released only once every 7-8 months or whatever, consisting of only a few hours of content. Which isn't really sufficient to tell an interesting story well.

I think a better way to do things would be to divy up the main story across a far greater number of updates. They already do something like this with event quests (and those quests frequently feel better written and more engaging than the main story quests!). Not every update needs to have fancy cutscenes, but it would give them more room for telling a good story.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really like how this new world boss doesn't have any invincibility phases. Can kill it with just a single Yoimiya skill window.

Danakir posted:

How's a Tighnari/Yae Miko/Fischl/Kuki Shinobu team looking for people who've rolled for the boy? (Or alternatively replace Kuki with Zhongli)

Really want an excuse to use Yae Miko and Fischl and I'm hoping Tighnari can be that excuse.

This isn't really a response so much as a related question, but is it maybe a good idea to have an Anemo mixed in there? Seems like you'd get plenty of energy with two Electro, and from what I understand Anemo doesn't negatively interfere with other elements and gives you the VV shred.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I was wondering while exploring Sumeru - is Venti maybe more useful again? Seems like there's a higher proportion of smaller enemies that I can suck up with Jean (which I assume probably means Venti could also suck them up with his burst). I remember many/most enemies seemed immune to it in Inazuma.

Mix. posted:

yeah, the team ive seen run most commonly is nari/yae/fischl/sucrose-or-kaz

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking of, only with Raiden instead of Fischl (seems like there might be good windows for Raiden's burst, due to the absence of any fully "carry DPS" role).

edit: Oh wait, forgot heals. Can maybe make use of my Sayu that I got to level 90 for some reason in the lead-up to Sumeru (though I haven't actually leveled her talents much).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

I've had some freakishly good luck with my blue wishes over the past few days, including my very first 5-star character and weapon: Qiqi and a Skyward Atlas. A Cryo healer turns out to be a great addition to my team, so I've already started developing Qiqi, but I don't really know what to do with the Atlas. The only catalyst-liker I've been using is Barbara, who it doesn't seem suited for. Apart from her, I have Lisa, Sucrose and Heizou. Are any of them worth taking a second look at now?

I've been playing since launch and I still don't have Qiqi.

gandlethorpe posted:

Well that's a loving flower

Who wants to use each of those artifact sets, btw? Does Tighnari want the Dendro one or the EM one? And is the EM one good for any other specific characters?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good god, when do the Aranara quests end? There are so many! I just did what I thought was finally the end and would would fulfill the "Adventure with Aranara" criteria (the one where you do the area with all three of your Aranara friends' abilities), but nope. Can't find anything else in my log that seems related to the Aranara, so not sure what I'm supposed to do next.

edit: I also finished all the current main quest stuff. It was pretty interesting! Really hoping that it doesn't turn out that the Fatui are manipulating the Sages into doing this experiment, though that's totally going to end up being the case.

Is Kusanali the same race as Klee? Does this mean Klee's mother is also a short little gremlin person, and that "being small" is a characteristic of their race?

I'm also a little surprised that they just outright explained Katherine's deal. It was kind of obvious she's a robot, though I don't get why this is the case or if there's any significance to it being a Snezhnayan robot.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 28, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Tighnari is getting pretty decent (currently A4 and level 70); he's at least helpful in battle, even if his talent levels and artifacts still make him a bit weaker compared with other options. It's also a bit harder to gauge his damage due to the way his damage is split up into a bunch of separate numbers. I think his charge attacks are hitting for ~9000 and then a bunch of 2000-3000s?

He definitely makes my Yae Miko feel better. Her turrets are good for periodically doing Electro damage (and she has the benefit over Fischl of also having her powerful burst, that hits for at least 80-100k total).

It helps that I have a number of Wanderer's artifacts with great starting rolls. I have 3 flowers that have crit/cdmg/EM/ER% as their starting stats - can't really go wrong with points going into any of those (I think ER might be the worst for him?). Biggest issue is probably that I obviously don't have any good Dendro goblets. For now I'm using an EM goblet, though I'm wondering if ATK might be better (just because his attack is so low that a single artifact buffing it might have big returns - currently he only has ~1100 attack).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eleeleth posted:

I played for like 8 straight hours today to finish these and I'm still technically not done with the notebook. It's content alright.

Same, except maybe even a little longer than that.

It's pretty good about getting you to explore everywhere. I'd recommend that people hold off on attempting to fully explore the map until they've done these quests, since IIRC at least a couple teleport points are only accessible through areas unlocked during the quests, as well as a few puzzle mechanics with the songs + the thing that summons your Aranara friends. Trying to figure those out before doing the quests would just lead to confusion.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't-need-my-teammates'-bursts status achieved :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/W4zmFz9.mp4

drat, yours does a lot more damage than mine. What are your talents at? And what are the artifacts main stats? Having lower talents is the biggest obvious weakness mine has (his are all only 3 right now). It seems like all 3 talents are pretty useful for him. (edit: Wait, are the 17000k hits Albedo or Tighnari? I can't tell the difference between the Geo and Dendro colors visually)

I put Sayu into my team (so Tighnari/Raiden/Yae Miko/Sayu). Since I have very few claymores leveled up, I actually gave her my level 90 Wolf's Gravestone because her Sacrificial Greatsword is only level 50 - she actually does pretty good regular damage with this and her healing is definitely high enough.

I think once I have the materials to level up Collei that I might replace one of my electro with her, since it feels like I have too much Electro right now. A shielder would be nice (since Tighnari only has 13,000HP he dies very fast), but Yoimiya already has my Zhongli.

Only vaguely related, but it's very weird that there's no Dendro/Geo reaction, since it's probably the Dendro combo with the most intuitive reaction conceptually (aside from maybe Dendro/Pyro or Dendro/Hydro). I get why it's the case, since it'd be unbalanced to have an exception where you no longer get shield particles, but it's still strange.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 29, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The only negative (or more accurately "less positive") thing I have to say about Sumeru is that a lot of the overworld areas don't have a ton of visual variety - lots of green hills. Chasm is still probably my favorite zone. But I'm sure we'll get a lot of crazy stuff when the desert is released.

gandlethorpe posted:

This is what I have right now.

Ah, it's nice to see that your first is at 8. That probably explains at least a few thousand of the difference in damage.

Your crit damage is also significantly higher. I think my circlet might be EM. That probably accounts for most of the rest of the difference.

gandlethorpe posted:

Eh, I'm fine with it being inert with Dendro since it means it doesn't mess up their reactions with the other 3. I actually speculated this in the old thread and am finding it more or less true:

It's completely fine from a gameplay perspective; it just bugs me conceptually that you have something from a bizarre combo like electricity and plants, but nothing from combining dirt and plants.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 29, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I leveled up my talents some (to 6, which is the cap until I ascend him again), and Tighnari is actually very good now. The biggest damage number from each of his charged attacks is around ~15-16k now (as a crit, but it usually crits), and 3 of those rapidly back-to-back is very high damage.

If I manage to coordinate things correctly (which usually seems to happen randomly), Yae Miko's burst also hits for a ton - each electro explosion from it sometimes hits for like 45k (and I think there are 4 total if you have all her turrets out).

Stare-Out posted:

Completed the Aranyaka, unless there are more than 6 chapters to it. Took me a while because the hints it gives you are vague as hell, mostly just stumbled upon progress in a lot of places.

The Dendro zipline things might be my favorite addition mechanically, but I think the plants that create them reset every day, at least some of them definitely do. Kind of a drag to have to trigger them again every time but maybe they'd cause some kind of a visual overload in certain areas, I don't know.

My only issue with the Dendro ziplines is that, if playing with a controller, it's very easy to gently caress up and do a plunge attack instead (because you have to let off L for a moment before hitting L+X again, and if you either do it too quickly or don't remove your finger from L beforehand it does a plunge attack because of the X).

It's great on mobile, though, since it's just a glowing button that appears. I don't know how it works on keyboard/mouse.

Excelzior posted:

it feels like Bloom and Burning just suck? My Dendro MC is 100% all about proc'ing Quicken/Aggravate

I get the impression that Bloom is meant to always be converted into Hyperbloom or (IIRC) Burgeon, which do significantly higher damage (I think with high EM they can do like 15-18k, which I could see adding up to a lot since you can create multiple little bloom seed things). I'm not sure how good those actually are in practice, though.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 29, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

Oh wow, I don't think the interface was clear about this. That's good to know.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Edit: I was also doing the talent domain today; Tighnari is really great for it. He's good against large enemies (at least when playing with controller or mobile where aiming at small things can be tough).

Harrow posted:

It's hard for me to put together one good Sumeru exploration team because I refuse to remove Kazuha or Zhongli, and it's a good idea to have someone with dendro on the team, and for the last slot I need someone who can do good damage mostly without reactions (or I need to just stop for a while and finally build an electro character or something). Right now I'm using Ayato but he just makes me wish I could fit in an electro character and get some hyperbloom rolling, but then I'd have to drop either Kazuha or Zhongli...

I find having to switch teams is inevitable, because you'll also want Electro and Pyro for certain puzzles.

I don't think you need Hydro or Cryo for anything, at least. I've been mostly using my Tighnari/Raiden/Yae/Sayu team, but switch to Yoimiya/Zhongli/Yelan/Jean when necessary (for ore, breaking those sealing stones, or converting mushrooms to their Pyro versions).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 30, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

scorched starshrooms (sometimes called "shriveled starshroom") are demanded by some of the scattered world quest Aranaras

You can also scorch the bouncy mushrooms, which (as far as I'm aware) is only needed for one of the photo event quests.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mix. posted:

i was watching a youtube video where the guy said, and i quote, 'sumeru is basically just a visual novel' and i was sitting there like :dafuq:

Profound wisdom. It is not this Youtuber's fault that you fail to comprehend it. Maybe you will understand someday.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

I don't bother with minmaxing friend xp for raiden/signora. It makes maxing out friendship xp take about two days longer, which seems fine to me. Raiden will always be taken care of by Ayaka/Shenhe/Diona/Kazuha for me.

The existence if the teapot basically makes grinding friendship pointless IMO. You'll finish someday due to the pot, and unlike, say, Arknights (where you might need 100 to unlock a module or something) there's no gameplay impact in Genshin.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally finished the Aranara stuff; it's really good. Neat how the final quest makes you play as Lumine/Aether. Had enough dendro thingies to get the tree to level 10 immediately (which was actually lower than I expected; I could have sworn that I had already gotten at least half of the zone's chests, and I'm guessing you can get ~25 levels from the current area, assuming the desert is the second half of the zone).

Also managed to do enough world quests to unlock the rep quests/bounties, which is nice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

x1o posted:

Finally finished the Archon quest, that was pretty fun. Time to murder a bunch of Sages tho, what a bunch of assholes. If Dunyarzad died then I'd have burnt the whole city down.

Time to burn through the event and then I can finally relax and start wandering around exploring.

Gonna suck when it ends up just being the Fatui who somehow manipulated the Sages.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kale posted:

Based on fan response they should have made Dunyarzad a playable character :lol:

Speaking of this, (Aranara quest spoilers)I believe Rana is the first NPC we see with a vision (we see ones that presumably got their visions back later in Inazuma, but not when they actually have them). Want a Rana character whose moves involve her korok buddy.

They should have had Rana suddenly become an anime instantly after receiving her vision, like all the other vision characters. Her eyes suddenly become bigger and she gets fancy clothes/hair.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Artifacts are definitely more annoying than talent materials IMO. All other grinds can be completed pretty fast; it only takes a few days worth of resin to get enough weapon ascension or talent domain materials to max out a weapon or talent. The worst is the rarer overworld items, like beetles, and even those can be fully dealt with for completely ascending a character within just a couple weeks of resets.

But artifacts can basically go an indefinite amount of time. I haven't spent much time in the new domain, but I've used 10 condensed resin and gotten exactly one non-garbage feather to show for it (and it's rolled its one bad stat - flat def - two times so far out of 4).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is Sayu really good at breaking Abyss Mage shields? It seemed like it when I was using her some yesterday. I would just keep rolling on them and their shields dissolved super fast. It may have helped that it was triggering Raiden's thing at the same time.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

If you're a new player who is still <AR35 or so, Jean is great (she's also really good/useful after that, but is just exceptionally fun when you're mostly just relying on doing regular attacks to people).

Her skill is fun, she has a powerful heal, and her "auto-attacks heal" ability can be very handy early on (or at least it was for me).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sayu is good if you infuse her roll with whatever element the shield is weak to. Pure anemo on its own does quite low damage to shields though, on par with just whacking them with a claymore.

In this case I think she was infused with Electro, but there were two separate mages with different element shields and they both went down really fast (one was Pyro and I forget what the other was, I think either Hydro or Electro). It seemed to be largely a function of how fast they were being hit, since they went down in the form of a lot of fast small decreases.

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, is that- By God, that's Inuyasha's music!

I was thinking of various weird/goofy options for characters to be involved in collabs, and then realized that Aloy from the Horizon games is probably at least as weird as most of the stuff I would have come up with.

Maybe we'll get Joel from The Last of Us as a Genshin character

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 2, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tighnari is now level 90. Collecting the materials for stuff like that really isn't that bad as long as you don't mind waiting a couple weeks. I never really went super hard into farming lotuses and just marked them when I found them and picked them up whenever I was nearby.

The recent event was nice for jumpstarting enemy material collection efforts. I realized not too long ago that I was loving up by doing all my exploration with my Tighnari + Electro team (which makes the mushroom things drop a different version of their loot) but remembered to kill all the mushrooms from this event's battle challenges correctly.

gandlethorpe posted:

Ooh yeah, I'm definitely liking this version of Teizou. XQ feels much more fluid (:v:) on the team than Zhongli. And I think it's safe to say "viable Prototype Amber user" is a significant distinction between Heizou and Sucrose.

This use of XQ for his interruption resistance is making me consider him on other teams where I'd otherwise need Zhongli.

Wonder if it might make sense to have both Xingqiu and Yelan on Yoimiya's team (with Xingqiu substituting for Zhongli). Yelan would lose the final "different elements" buff, but gain hydro resonance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How is Collei in general? Can she make a good second Dendro for Tighnari? Now that I'm finished with everything except his talents, I should start grabbing mats for someone else (the mushrooms she uses actually seem much less common than Tighnari's lotuses, though maybe once I start marking them on the map it'll improve).

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah basically. Mihoyo had no clue what they were doing when designing her and so her ultimate and passives are both pretty much completely useless but hydro is so good and her E applies it continuously in a big AOE for such a long duration that she ended up being really good anyways.
You play kokomi just by pressing E and swapping out and enjoying infinite hp and an unlimited supply of freeze / electro-charge / bloom(?) reactions.

She doesn't apply hydro fast enough for vaporize teams though.

Her "no crit chance" thing is weird, because it's not like she'd be eve remotely "overpowered" with it.

Xun posted:

Goddamn how do I get my yae to do those kinds numbers :eyepop:

drat, yeah, mine is pretty strong but doesn't quite reach that.

As they mention, Sara + Kazuha would make a difference. Mine hits for like ~45k with her burst blasts. My Sara doesn't have C6 yet, though (but I fully ascended/leveled her for when I finally roll it someday). Though not sure if Sara + Kazuha would straight up double the damage.

I wonder if it would make sense to substitute Sara for Raiden on my Tighnari team. Not sure if Yae's Electro application is enough of a regular application on its own, without Raidens skill. The Sara attack buff might be nice, since Tighnari has low attack and I think Sara adds a flat value.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 4, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Yelan C1 is still unquestionably the most useful individual constellation I have. It does so much. Not only does her skill hit like a truck (and it's one of the more versatile AoE damage skills, since you can easily chain it across multiple enemies that aren't clumped together), but it also solves any energy issues (which in turn lets her stack more damage stats in her artifacts).

avoraciopoctules posted:

Genshin is really interested in exploring the concept that people still matter even if they haven't been blessed with superpowers by the heavens.

Maybe one day there'll actually be a single NPC without a vision/gnosis who doesn't have Generic NPC Face/clothes. It's silly how even the important unpowered NPCs still have the same generic faces/designs. I think Dunyardzad and Rana both have the exact same "young woman NPC" face.

Can't you just throw some money at artists/modelers to create some new NPC designs. Seems like the sort of issue that actually can be solved directly with money, like how Cyberpunk 2077 has a zillion different clothes. I get that the reason is "because mihoyo as a business gains literally nothing from this," but it's still a shame.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 4, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

well, the playable characters are also all the same five base models with different clothes and textures, is the thing. if they cant make itto actually buff they definitely arent gonna do that

The clothes and faces make the difference, though. Particularly the faces, since NPCs are pretty goofy with the degree of sameface.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Yelan has a HP circlet, though that's partly because it's ridiculously good. I tried substituting it with a really good CDMG one, but it was noticably worse.

Her artifacts in general are very nice. Had some good luck. Also have both her skill and burst at 10; probably my single most built character.

HP Circlet
9.3 CRIT %
19.4 CDMG %
5.8 ATK%
568 HP

Hydro Goblet
7 CRIT %
7 CDMG %
15.2 HP%
508 HP

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been doing the new domain some and have gotten some impressively bad rolls. It's starting to become competitive with my worst ever stretch.

I don't even know who I'll use them on yet (since there's no way in hell I'll get stuff better than my current Wanderer's for Tighnari, which basically has a lot of great stuff just because I've been getting them since the beginning of the game), but I imagine I'll use them at some point. It seems like the EM set might be competing with the the ER% set for some characters.

Kale posted:

there's also way the gently caress more premium seeming currency to get other currency to upgrade this or that or exchange for whatever and I assume it explains it possibly as it becomes relevant, but it also makes it feel a lot more gachaish game than Genshin.

Honkai's system is really overwhelming. I was never planning on caring about the gacha in it to begin with, but the complexity (and how much stuff you need aside from the character itself - namely the stigmata or whatever those things are called) just made me lose all interest in engaging with it.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 7, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

I've had Kokomi locked into every group since her release, though ironically not for the weird rear end turbocorrosion abyss they released to sell her, and she's both an amazing freeze hydro applier and a prime holder of the clam set. I don't know how hyperbloom teams work, because I'm not grinding up traveler to try it out, but if slow and steady aoe hydro is what you want it's either Kokomi or Mona and Koko also ticks your healer slot. If you want fast and hard hydro to replace/augment XQ, then Yelan is your gal.

My only gripe with Kokomi is that I have trouble coordinating things such that I use her burst to maintain uptime on her skill.

She's very good due to the combo of being able to heal and apply hydro, though. In general "characters that are good at applying an element + healing" are very nice, because I usually want someone to fill the healing slot and it's good if someone can do so while also fitting into the rest of the team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Well how about this - if you use cryo with dendro, it kills all the plants and disables any active dendro reactions

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How is Dori? I haven't rolled on her, since I don't want anything else on the banners. Seems like she fills a somewhat similar niche to Shinobu.

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

The real endgame is running around the overworld with Yelen one-shotting everything with 30-60k hits from her E.

This is part of why her C1 seems like the best C1 of any character I've ever used (granted I don't have C1 for the vast majority of my 5*s, but on paper they don't sound nearly as good).

It's just a complete game-changer. Not only does it do a ton of damage (and it's very simple to just quickly tap it twice against single large boss enemies), but it dramatically ups her energy generation.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I remember early on when there was that big involved Liyue puzzle culminating in a single 5* artifact, which was a bigger deal at the time because you had no other way to get 5* artifacts due to lower AR.

IMO they should have kept Aranara as Aran-nara in localization. Sounds better.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

This amount of content and patch time is basically perfect for me lol. Might even have some aranara stuff and map cleanup left to do even after 3.1 releases. Currently on act 2, 40% exploration, and having not even started Tighnari's story quest or the Fayz trials.

Yeah, it's enough that I can easily finish while still having something new frequently enough that I don't get bored.

I like the absence of any serious grind. It's almost always very easy/fast to clear out the shops.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

Yeah, that was pretty boring and also pretty low dps?

That's okay dps, but nothing particularly impressive, yeah.

Ganyu feels a low "slower" than other options I have for damage, even though her numbers can be fairly big. I tend to consider her more for her burst than her personal DPS these days (since the large area periodic cryo application is nice).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

I've had Yun Jin for like a month and I'm still not 100% sure what her deal is. You just stack DEF and use her burst to buff the crap out of someone who likes hitting things with normal attacks, right? I was interested in the idea of using her skill as a parry, but I get the sense that's not really what she's about.

I've had very good performance with her with Yoimiya and Ayato, but the problem is that Yoimiya also wants Zhongli (to prevent interruption as a bow user) + Yelan (or Xingqiu) + a healer, leaving no room for Yun Jin.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I managed to get a decent Dendro goblet from the Dendro set.

Pretty good starting substats even (EM, ATK%, HP%, CDMG), though had kinda bad luck with their increases (unless there's a Dendro HP-scaling character coming up - all buffs except one went into HP%).

Need to test whether it increases Tighnari's damage compared with the EM goblet I was using previously. I think it probably will, even though the EM goblet had better substats; doubling the Dendro damage bonus will probably outweigh that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Hell yeah, congrats on the Ganyu!

I kinda miss the earlier parts of the game where I just sort of messed around with characters and didn't already have a clear baseline for expected performance + needing a full set of good artifacts.

The most fun I had with a character is when I was using my Jean soon after the game's release. Back in those halcyon days when Bennett was considered one of the worst 4* characters

It'd be neat to start the game now with the much larger variety of characters (though the 4* pool is more diluted now with less-good characters; near release you were basically guaranteed to quickly get some really powerful 4*s).