Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Will disappointment Diluc strike again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mix. posted:

:prepop:

edit: what the gently caress

I see that and raise you this thing I got from the abyss of all places???

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

DPS and the like are more commonly from mmorpgs, of course, where you have larger groups, and define roles that suggest what stats to prioritize, which is also relevant to genshin.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Harrow posted:

Ningguang is 5 stars in my heart

Same. She was my first built DPS.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

There ought to be a larger gap between "I don't like light visual novel gameplay" and "all of the light visual novel gameplay is terrible" in this thread, in my opinion.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I mean abyss it's a feature, you're not allowed to change anything once you start a floor.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

It didn't strike me as overly long. As far as a complete beginner's guide goes, I think it's about as concise as you're going to get. I'll take it over a half-hour-long Youtube video any day of the week.

Yeah but that's because long form guides and text based stuff is far superior to video content. I blame facebook advertising fraud for its proliferation. :smith:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Elentor posted:

Just so I'm clear here, I'm looking at Ganyu's coefficients and her charged arrow is just... a lot better than Amber's, and it splashes even if you miss?

Oh hey Elentor! Glad to see you here!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Well drat did a why not 10 pull way short of 50/50 pity for Candace or Kuki and Cyno pops up. I don't even know what his deal is suppose to be I was not prepared.

Exactly same, though I got Candace in the same 10 pull. Completely shocked.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I actually managed to get Katheryne into npc conflict. She was locked up as nahida so I couldn't get sumeru commissions unlocked for a while, I was behind on archon quest.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Elentor posted:

I'm new and all but the main feature I wish this game had was a quick party swap between two teams. Ideally it'd be team templates but I wouldn't even mind the restriction of being two 100% different teams a la abyss to encourage you to build characters, basically anything that could be done out of combat to solve puzzles without having to go through the slow party management.

I think someone mentioned that the real problem with this is that loading the assets is slow enough that you'd quick swap and it would make you invisible and such before it finished loading.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its a chinese game, use the mandarin voice over

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Clarste posted:

They should let you choose voices by character so all the Liyue people speak Mandarin, all the Inazuma people speak Japanese, etc.

That too, I've wanted that forever.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Eimi posted:

The Mandarin voice over really has the feel of whoever was hanging out at the office that day. Meanwhile the Japanese cast is insanely star studded, full spared no expense. It's pretty clear what one Mihoyo put their money into.

The Chinese voice cast is really good, though? No idea about their star status, but they're really, really good.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

A true connoisseur learns Japanese just to enhance their enjoyment of video games. If I keep playing Genshin for much longer, I'll have to learn Mandarin too.

Duolingo is legitimately making it easier for me to understand the game yes.

Not the reason I'm doing it, but it's a benefit!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Clarste posted:

It'll take a while to farm up all the boss drops you need for her ascension anyway (since the Dendro Hypostasis isn't available yet) so I'm not too worried.

Also it'll only take 165 because the new character trial always gives you 3.

fragiles let you do that quickly, but world specialties don't...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I played some of it with my 7yo, since he has trouble with some of the harder fights in the game but frankly he's better at puzzles than me, who gets lost walking in a straight line.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

MNSNTZR posted:

Yae is in the super exclusive “guaranteed skip” club for me, alongside Shenhe. I don’t like her kit (by nature of being a catalyst user,) plus Cyno ate all of my electro materials.

I’d rather have a bad constellation that’ll get me on the way to C6 for a character I like than having a new 5* that’s guaranteed to be benched at lv 60.

70, for the blue fate, right? Right?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

And yet you must zap

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

What's an eternal banner?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

Yet they make sure you've done X quest and Y character isn't busy with another quest before you can start events. It makes very little sense

They do this for technical reasons, to avoid the mess of having to have a character in multiple places at once.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Devor posted:

*crashes sky palace into a boss to kill it, then rebuilds it in three days*

I'm just glad I don't have to suspend my disbelief in this video game

I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but I meant, being able to define character positions in the game as unique is very helpful in coding terms.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Devor posted:

You can disagree with my opinions but "We Only Have One Lisa" isn't a real coding problem

Have you dealt with unique key constraints in databases?

It's not that it's a coding problem, it's that making things defined as unique is really fuckin useful when designing stuff.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I immediately start hearing that goddamn music

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I'm considering trying Katheryne

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

No Wave posted:

She sucks. They had to staple amber to her to try to make her likable and now amber will never have her own content again.

This is 100% wrong, although subjective taste etc etc

Eula's dry sense of humor is extremely funny.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

MoonCrab posted:

Eula hot take: her name shoulda been pronounced like Euler

Oil-ah, yeah I'm into that

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

10 is bettter than 4 but the dang thing already scrolls, just make it unlimited

unlimited anything is never a good idea

but yeah I'm sure they could do hundreds since most everyone would use like five anyway

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah fair. Shenhe and Rosaria attack much more similarly with different secondary effects.

Yes, Rosaria is a solid Shenhe replacement in Ayaka freeze teams.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Finally hit another pity on standard...a second Aquila?? Okay so my first is on Bennett, mostly just as a stat stick.

The other uses, as far as I can tell, are Physical Keqing and maybe some traveler poo poo. Hrm. Anything else to do with a second phys damage sword? Wait until they release a character that cares about it?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I have two, and I use one on Bennett and the other on Ayaka, which I think pulls ahead of any 4* weapon for her. Before Ayaka I used it on Electro-Keqing, but I have doubts you'd want to for aggravate Keqing.

Even ignoring the phys%, it's still a lot of ATK.

oh I've got mistplitter so Ayaka is...set, lol

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Zenostein posted:

Jean's got mine, but the real answer is physical qiqi.

this is an answer I can get behind.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Endorph posted:

dont roll for constellations on 5 stars.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

except maybe kazuha, that c1 is ridiculous

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

FiftyFour posted:

I main physical Qiqi with Aquila and pale flame, but if you’ve got two good pale flame and two bloodstained she’s just as murderous while healing loads too. Don’t forget electro partner for superconduct and whoever else you enjoy playing.

Advice from this thread suggests C6 Rosaria for crit rate, c2 Yun Jin for normal attack boost plus electro.

Another advantage of being a Qiqi main is she doesn’t blabber on all the time when she’s idle!

That's helpful, thanks! I've got acceptable 2 pale flame 2 bloodstained, both of those are c2, Rosaria is built at least, for Ayaka freeze, Yunjin is not.

I'm just happy to have something to build towards that isn't very tiny stat increases for characters I use. And qiqi is c1, so uh that will definitely help!

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 27, 2022

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Tae posted:

Depends entirely on your team, some characters just want main stat and that's it.

If you want to just beat floor 12 with like 3 or 6 stars, it's not that much harder than floor 11.

As someone who is very bad at the game, 12 is always significantly harder than 11.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Yeah like...it doesn't really take that much to level someone, especially if you're focusing on it, even with the more annoying ones like specters and samurai.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Excelzior posted:

*laughs in desert beetles*

I'd make a giant distinction between "mats you get from monsters and can just farm a shitton of them every day" and "specialties that respawn in 3 days", of which the latter yeah those scarabs were the worst.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Honestly felt like it could be its own puzzle mobile game, very pleasant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Real Cool Catfish posted:

My favourite use for Yaoyao is definitely co-op, because unlike solo where if you swap off of her too quickly her burst ends so you just jump around for five seconds, in co-op it just makes a wonderful mess of radishes and green numbers whilst the rest of the team snacks the boss. (Jumping around still involved)

my 7yo does tell me "okay now use her burst, now run around in circles around the boss"