Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Borlorg posted:

I'm all for people paying off their school debt. College is pricey and has been for a while...

Hate me if you want to, but at the end of the day, this $10k is paid out of the taxpayer's pocket. I pay taxes. How about me not having to pay someone else's school debt? Our current president made that decision for me, screw him for that. I really feel like that the adults should take responsibility for the things they do in life, including taking out massive loans...

We all pay for things we don’t want. For an example of “my” tax money, I don’t want to subsidize religion by giving them a bunch of tax breaks.

But we elect politicians who decide on how to spend that money for “the greater good”. That won’t often align with people’s personal values. In the case of this student loan forgiveness, it’s to help ease the student debt bubble that’s occurring on a large scale. For my religion example, it’s to help promote organizations that a lot of people find community in while providing some humanitarian services on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Borlorg posted:

I agree, federal gov't needs to stay out of subsidizing religion as well. And I would argue that any government "for the people and by the people" actually should cater to and align with the collective personal values of the people who created it. I don't like the student loan debt bubble either, but I disagree that this is the way to resolve it.

Sure, if I was the only one who felt the taxpayer is getting shafted here, who cares then, right? I assure you, this couldn't be further from the truth and we will make our voice heard in November.

While you might not be the only person with this point of view, you absolutely are in the minority with your opinion. In case you're unaware about this poll in June, 55% of all adults support 10k in loan forgiveness.

So, no, your voice will not be heard in November because it'll be drowned out by the majority of people who support this.