Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

apologies if this has been talked about before, but it's a pretty simple question:

not all of my student loans are eligible for coverage under the new SAVE plan (mostly FFEL loans), but mashing them all together under direct loan consolidation does put everything under the newer, cheaper umbrella. it'll put me at $0 per month. but before i pull the trigger on this, are there any other gotchas that i have to worry about? the higher overall interest rate kinda sucks.

i've struggled to get work, so i haven't had to pay too much over the years, but tightening finances and the increasing costs of basically everything are going to require me to get something. once i'm no longer an unemployed bum and i'm actually earning income, how much will that higher interest rate gently caress me? what else do i have to worry about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

sent off that SAVE paperwork today, if it goes through i might have all of my student loans forgiven. we'll see! time to hurry up and wait