Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I qualify for the 20k relief since I got Pell grants but I only have 3k left since I accelerated loan payoffs, alas!* I really didn't think he'd do it. Congrats to those who are gonna have a huge chunk of debt wiped out :toot:

* Biden if you're reading this and want to just give me 17k in cash I'm listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If this is accurate, then you might want to look into it and get some refunds.

Called up my student loan servicer, Great Lakes, on hold for half an hour. I was armed with the amounts I wanted refunded (I paid ~1.1k since March 13, 2020, which is the cutoff), but when I got through, I said I wanted a refund of the money since the student loan deferrals started. The guy was like "sure, looks like it's these two payments, I was gonna ask if you wanted PSLF, but it's not worth it for this amount, and you want the refund for the 10k forgiveness?" (I didn't say a word about the forgiveness but I imagine they've been getting a lot of calls)

So easy peasy to get a refund for payments since the pandemic kicked off if you have the time to sit next to your phone for half an hour. :unsmith:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Shammypants posted:

How quickly have some of you gotten refunds?

Got mine yesterday, with an official email from Great Lakes to go along with it