Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
It’ll be interesting to see how all this plays out for consolidated loans. I logged into the FSA site and I can see all the loans I had that got consolidated, but not their original amounts, only the amount of the consolidated loan. I’m sure they have the record but I can’t see what my mix of undergrad/grad debt is anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
A,so the DeVos’ own controlling stakes in a ton of those schools. They are doing this now because they don’t have her as Sec of Ed anymore to change all the rules to let them do whatever and put a pause on all challenges.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I got a bill for $1100 a few weeks ago so finally got around to putting in my certification and SAVE application last night, which I now sort of regret because I missed until afterwards that my $1100 bill was due in 2040. WTF?

The thing I can see causing weird glitches in the system is I was in unlimited forbearance before this because I had a loan challenge in that DeVos shelved and then the class action that happened made it so I didn’t have to pay until the lawsuit was resolved, and I was part of the settlement on that lawsuit so they wiped $60,000 of loans (still have $80k of grad loans), which happened while everyone was in extended forbearance, but I’m interested to see where this all lands now…

Made the first payment on my wife’s loans last night though. She got auto-converted to the SAVE plan.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
If you just don’t pay while you’re getting hem to figure it out it won’t go on your credit score. They’re supposed to not penalize missed payments until like next summer.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
So there was the weirdness where I got a bill for $1100 that wasn’t due until 2040 and then I certified and applied for SAVE and yesterday my payment updated to be due in November and it was about $550. Today I got a notification I had a message (despite there being no inbox in the portal) and my payment is now $950. Uuuggghhh. Based on the posts here I really don’t want to call to figure it out right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
My wife’s payment last month was $300 and this month it’s $900. Meanwhile I filled out the SAVE application and my payment was initially listed at $500, then the next day it was $900, and then 10/31 it changed to $1,800. So I think at this point I need to call.