Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
I know some of the other rules surrounding the PSLF program were loosened, but if you were not making income-based repayments at all (extended graduated payments were made instead), is there any way under the new rules that they qualify as payments? I haven't been able to find anything in the affirmative, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

So what is the best solution for me. My loan payments start soon as we all know. It’s all just sub and unsub federal loans I took while in ROTC to augment my GI Bill so I didn’t have to work. The interest is of course mega low from Covid times, and the payment isn’t huge. As an officer, I can easily afford it, and I’m very privileged for that. But should I do PSLF? Or is there some other option I’m overlooking?

It’s about 20,000$ sharp so sucks that Biden didn’t manage to do it, would’ve been all gone.

Have you tried the calculator on studentaid.gov? It will show you how long to pay off the loans using their standard plans, and also show you how quickly you'd get forgiven under PSLF. With a balance that low plus high income and low interest, you might pay it off before PSLF kicks in, but the calculator will give you exact payoff dates.