Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I have around 120k in debt, all from my master's. It's all government loans serviced by MOHELA. This was from 2018-2020.

I have always been during the pause so I've never been on a repayment plan. I do come in under the income cap.

I HAVE made repayments to get the principle down, including at least 10k during the pause.

Does this mean I could get the 10k back I've paid, then switch to an income driven plan where my interest wouldn't increase as long as I make the monthly payment which is capped at 10% of AGI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Honestly better for that 45-64 demo than I’d expect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just bring back the pause.

Emergency is the Supreme Court is flagrantly corrupt and politicized.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i think the reasoning was because of using the covid law, so if biden uses the heavy hammer of the executive i think it'd be kosher. i just wouldn't expect him to

Then heighten the contradictions.

At the very least tie it up in courts like the GOP is always willing and able to do.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess I’m just gonna pay 600/mo for the foreseeable future because I wanted to study medicine and help people.

Cool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Framboise posted:

This loving rules.

Ahhh congrats that’s awesome.

Edit*

Heh

https://twitter.com/strikedebt/status/1697735961159901233?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dunno about you guys but MOHELA is giving me a 0.25% break in my interest rate because I’ve got auto debit set up.

So I’ve got that going for me. Which is nice.