Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Travic posted:

So that's it then? Will appealing it accomplish anything?

This one is worse because the fifth circuit is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Murgos posted:

For summary judgement to be awarded that is supposed to mean that the case was so clear and compelling that it’s not reasonable to continue to hear more.

It seems unlikely to me that the WH legal staff made such a huge error in advising Biden to go forward.

Well, yes, but not really here. If the entire case hinges on a matter of law, then Summary Judgement is usually appropriate. Trials are for deciding disputed facts.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Is there any way that I would benefit from the SAVE program assuming I have both a very high loan balance (over $100,000) and significant household income (at least $300,000 between my wife and I).

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I have heard that missed payments before the end of the year will not be considered defaults, but rather the loan will be considered as in forbearance, extending the maturity date of the loan by one month. Is that right?

I have a payment due next week that I am considering skipping to pay another expense instead. I don’t want to do it, however, if it will be reported as a missed payment. Is this a reasonable procedure?