Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Zoph posted:

Are the adjustments to the discretionary income calculations going to be applied to the existing plans beyond REPAYE and SAVE? I can't really jump over to REPAYE because of my spouse income, it seems, and MOHELA is showing that my monthly payment IBR amount from way back in 2020 is coming due. Are they just slow getting the figures updated, or should I expect to pay the same amount soon?

The 5% discretionary doesn't happen until next yeae sometime so even if you get on a SAVE plan it will be 10% discretionary for awhile. Not sure what you mean by make too much for repaye though? Worst case scenario on repaye is you pay your normal loan terms but there's no income limit. They just need to be direct loans not in default; perhaps yours are too old for it? If so you can consolidate into a new loan that does qualify. Apparently all repaye plans will be automatically turned to save plans too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Zoph posted:

MOHELA just mysteriously changed the status of my application for SAVE to "Cancelled." I have no idea what this means?? I submitted my application to them through studentaid.gov and as far as they know it's still in review.

Were you on a repaye plan prior?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Fell Fire posted:

Got a letter from Mohela saying that my loans are in forbearance through the end of November.

Did you apply for an IDR plan? If so it's in administrative forbearance as they process it.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Framboise posted:

Oh thank god.

I have set a time in my head that May 2025 is when I'll finally be able to leave this job and move on to something I actually want to do, so that feeling that I'd have to add more months to that was making me feel very sick.

Almost there. Just need to push through one more year and a few months.

Just enough time for Trump to be reelected and to appoint someone to ED to gently caress it all up again.

My servicer changed from fedloan to mohela and man has it been great! They messed up my idr request, their website is a nightmare to use, their hold times are insane. And to top it all off every month I get a different bill. One month its 250ish another 150ish another 0 another 500! Would love to know why or how they're actually calculating any of this or if they've finally processed the idr request successfully (they say they have and yet different payments each time) but it's impossible to get ahold of anyone.

Even the not reporting to the credit bureaus thing seems to be opaque. ED says they shouldn't report it but also says they can't stop them from doing so.