Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky
There is more hype this year than there has ever been for Kentucky football since Bear Bryant in the early 50s. First preseason ranking in over 40 years. A quarterback with first round potential. Questions abound with unproven receivers, a revamped O line, and depth in the secondary, but reports out of fall camp are all positive so far.

Stoops is 2 wins from passing Bryant as the winningest coach in program history, and the only coach with 2 10-win seasons (out of 4 ever). Stoops seems to be at his best when he has a chip on his shoulder, and Calipari's recent comments has him out to prove this is more than just a basketball school. and honestly, rifle, volleyball, and track have all had more recent success than basketball

Miami (OH) - W - nothing special to see, play calling stays pretty vanilla ahead of big week 2

@Florida - W - I really think they pull this one off, having Florida early in the season helps

Youngstown St - W - Stoops' home town school

N Illinois - W - don't look ahead, don't want a repeat of Chattanooga last year

@Ole Miss - L - I think they split against the Mississippi schools, and this one is on the road

Sout Carolina - W - at home, and I've watched enough Oklahoma games the past two years to not buy the Spencer Rattler hype

Mississippi St - W - at home, avenging last year's loss, but the vertical game is concerning

@Tennessee - L - it's a curse, Tennessee could field a team of middle schoolers and I would still pick them to win

@Missouri - W - with all due respect to Troy Queef above, Kentucky is the SEC team that would least affected by cold weather

Vanderbilt - W - a late season breather, but again don't get caught looking ahead

Georgia - L - the SEC made this the last game for a reason, come in with one loss and this could be for the East, still could be if Georgia slips at all, but despite Chris Doering's optimism I don't see a win here

Louisville - W - last 3 games UK has won by a combined score of 153-44, trend continues

Prediction: 9-3, and maybe sneaking into a NY6 bowl finally

Best case: 11-1 is a pipe dream, so I'll say a 10 win regular season is the ceiling

Worst case: 7-5, UF, Ole Miss, SC, MSU, UT, and Missouri could all be toss-ups, but I don't think they lose all 6, 2-4 against the group would be disappointing though, even 8-4 overall would feel like a disappointment which is crazy considering there have only been 5 8-win seasons in my life (and 3 of those included bowl wins)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU