Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Missouri Football 2022

Nobody knows anything about this team! Last year's starting QB got hurt and transferred to Indiana, the defensive coordinator who gave up n+1 yards to Tennessee went back to the NFL and got replaced by an ex-LSU guy, they had the best recruiting class in school history headlined by #1 national WR Luther Burden III (who has his own line of potato chips in an NIL deal with Red Hot Riplets, available soon at your local Schnucks), but the gap between the incoming talent and the current talent is pretty stark. They've been picked by just about everyone in the media to finish P6 in the SEC East (Vandy, as per usual, is DFL), get about 6 wins, and play in a Poulan-Weed Eater Bowl.

Sept 1 vs Louisiana Tech: A rare midweek kick for the Tigers, and on Week 1 no less. Tech has a new coach in Sonny Cumbie so they are an unknown quanitity. I'm thinking win but this is Mizzou after all, 70/30.

Sept 10 at Kansas State: Hoo boy, this should be interesting. K-State has a bunch of heat around them now that Klieman has got his guys in and all, but it's enough of a "get up for it" game that I have Mizzou winning, 60/40.

Sept 17 vs Abilene Christian: FCS game, it's a win with 95/5 certainty.

Sept 24 at Auburn: This game has a lot of intrigue around it because Bryan Harsin's seat is very hot, Drinkwitz got his start coaching under Gus Malzahn, and the Yella Fella has been pretty vocal about getting a member of the Family back in charge. Auburn did not impress me much last year and they've lost Bo Nix to Oregon, but at the same time this is Mizzou we're talking about. I have this as a true push, 50/50.

Oct 1 vs Georgia: Nope. 90/10 loss.

Oct 8 at Florida: Florida's in a weird place and Mizzou has made them sweat quite a bit since joining the SEC, but again since they're such an unknown quantity I'd have to go 55/45 win.

Oct 22 vs Vandy: It's Vandy. They're down bad. 90/10 win.

Oct 29 at South Carolina: Weird things happen in this game! I am honestly rating it as a toss-up, mostly because Spencer Rattler fits Shane Beamer's system pretty well.

Nov 5 vs Kentucky: The Cayuts have been our bogey team quite a bit and honestly seeing media go gaga for them and another team on this list has angered me a bit. Stoops always seems to pull some stupid luck out of his rear end so I'm going 60/40 loss, but then again we are getting into the colder months and that's honestly Mizzou's only home-field advantage.

Nov 12 at Tennessee: I have this as a 65/35 loss because of away game/Josh Heupel knowing a lot of Mizzou's weaknesses.

Nov 19 vs New Mexico State: 90/10 win, NM State really should think about going FCS.

Nov 25 vs Arkansas: Hoo boy. Arkansas got their tires pumped quite a lot by quite a lot of people (including a certain podcast that rhymes with "Shmutdown Shmullcast" that has cancelled Mizzou for vibes and beating the Gators/Vols when they first came into the league) but I do not think it's sustainable. That being said, Arky does have a good bit of talent, but they've struggled a lot in Columbia. 55/45 win but you never know.

Best case: 10-2 with wins over Auburn/Florida/Arky/Kentucky, losses to UGA and Tennessee put them in the top half of the SEC East, Luther Burden really is as advertised, and we make the Holiday Bowl or similar.

Worst case: 6-6, Luther Burden does his ACL, the quarterback situation gets so bad Sam Horn quits to play baseball, and we go to another Poulan-Weed Eater Bowl.

Likely case: Either 8-4 or 9-3, with Arky/Kentucky/Auburn being the swing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU