Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

That's right folks, I've openned an adventurer recruitment agency right here in the local forum. Feel free to stop by and ask to be sent off on whatever adventure was brought in recently from various RNG clients. The benefit of our service is that all quests will be considered at least partially successful and then be deemed completed. So signup, get a quest, come back to report how it went, and collect payment based on the level of completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm in it. let's quest

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
one tall quest with extra foam, please.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

barnold posted:

i'm in it. let's quest

Your quest reads, "The other day I caught a huge fish. It was enormous! And by enormous I mean it was the biggest fish I've ever seen, it was probably the biggest fish anybody has ever and will ever see. Unfortunately, after I managed to catch it, the fish got away. It took my fishing rod with it and I really need it back. I'd go and get it myself, but it's underwater and I'm pretty sure that fish has a vendetta against me now. Would you mind getting it for me?"

Buttchocks posted:

one tall quest with extra foam, please.

Your quest reads, "Poachers have come into our forests and they're hunting all the animals in it. The forest is littered with all sorts of traps, the animals don't stand a chance, if we don't do anything there won't be any animals left at all. Hero, please go out there and destroy their traps, but be careful not to get caught in one yourself, it has happened to a few of us."

Good luck to both of you.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Manifisto

I would like a quest please

ty nesamdoom!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Manifisto posted:

I would like a quest please

We've just had someone in to post something I believe you'll be perfect for. Good luck adventurer.

Your quest reads, "I want to pull a prank on my sister and I have the best idea to do so. You see, she's scared of spiders, so I want to put some spiders in her bed. Hahaha, I can't wait to see her face when she discovers them. Anyway, I need you to collect some spiders for me. Put them in this jar, I don't want to have to touch them, they're cree.. I mean, they might get away if they're not in a jar."

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Ohtori Akio
requesting

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

nesamdoom posted:

Your quest reads, "Poachers have come into our forests and they're hunting all the animals in it. The forest is littered with all sorts of traps, the animals don't stand a chance, if we don't do anything there won't be any animals left at all. Hero, please go out there and destroy their traps, but be careful not to get caught in one yourself, it has happened to a few of us."

Good luck to both of you.

I valiantly jumped into all the traps I could find, thus disabling them. I greased my body thoroughly before hand, so I could escape from them easily. Luckily, I brought some ACE bandages, so the traps didn't hurt me much. I might have missed a few, but I figure if I can't find them, the animals probably won't either.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

The Captain of the Guard was just in.

Your quest reads, "Things have been too quiet lately, far too quiet. Our scouts report many small armies have set up camp on the borders of our lands, war is surely upon us. We need you to disrupt their activities, slow them down while we gather more forces. Do anything you can to halt those wretched humans. I wish I could join you, but alas I cannot. Know that I've put all my faith in you, you will succeed. I know it.
Hero, act swiftly when dealing with the humans. Try to kill all those who stand in your way, we don't need their filth in our lands."

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Buttchocks posted:

I valiantly jumped into all the traps I could find, thus disabling them. I greased my body thoroughly before hand, so I could escape from them easily. Luckily, I brought some ACE bandages, so the traps didn't hurt me much. I might have missed a few, but I figure if I can't find them, the animals probably won't either.

Excellent work. Performances like this are why we are able to boast a 100% success ratio. As payment please take this magical bandage. Once per day it will heal all of your wounds and it's definitely not just a dirty Band-Aid. As a bonus you can take this piglet. Once you raise it to full size you can use it to make bacon and replace your grease supply.

Manifisto

nesamdoom posted:

We've just had someone in to post something I believe you'll be perfect for. Good luck adventurer.

Your quest reads, "I want to pull a prank on my sister and I have the best idea to do so. You see, she's scared of spiders, so I want to put some spiders in her bed. Hahaha, I can't wait to see her face when she discovers them. Anyway, I need you to collect some spiders for me. Put them in this jar, I don't want to have to touch them, they're cree.. I mean, they might get away if they're not in a jar."

your client is in luck op, I happen to know where to get my hands on some large spiders. may post pics later.

e: when I say "large" I am not taking into account Australian standards, naturally

ty nesamdoom!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Manifisto posted:

your client is in luck op, I happen to know where to get my hands on some large spiders. may post pics later.

e: when I say "large" I am not taking into account Australian standards, naturally

Fine work already. Even knowing where to get spiders is a step towards. It sounds like you may have been stopping for a progress report so I will unlock your payment so far and figure out extras if you get any more accomplished. For now as pay for the base requirement of the quest you are awarded a magical horseless cart. Fine piece of craftsmanship on this cart including a bench seat in front of the storage area, no pesky horse attachments to obscur your view, and a single magical enchantment to prevent anything from tipping over that is making contact with the cart. That's a fine enchantment to keep drinks from spilling as you push the cart around.

google THIS

Sure why not, I need something to do while I wait on my arbitrarily realtime-gated plant growing main quest (don't ask) (it's for medicinal purposes obv)

Ohtori Akio

nesamdoom posted:

The Captain of the Guard was just in.

Your quest reads, "Things have been too quiet lately, far too quiet. Our scouts report many small armies have set up camp on the borders of our lands, war is surely upon us. We need you to disrupt their activities, slow them down while we gather more forces. Do anything you can to halt those wretched humans. I wish I could join you, but alas I cannot. Know that I've put all my faith in you, you will succeed. I know it.
Hero, act swiftly when dealing with the humans. Try to kill all those who stand in your way, we don't need their filth in our lands."

hell yeah time for war crimes

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

google THIS posted:

Sure why not, I need something to do while I wait on my arbitrarily realtime-gated plant growing main quest (don't ask) (it's for medicinal purposes obv)

This should help you kill some time.
Your quest reads, "I need you to deliver a message to our four leaders, this message could change the fate of our civilization. But remember hero, our leaders are proud, perhaps a little too proud. The order in which you'll deliver the message to them will affect their opinion of you and the way they think they're viewed by us, so choose wisely who you pick first and last."

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Ohtori Akio posted:

hell yeah time for war crimes

As you've formulated a solid plan I have autorisation to give you the reward item. Crocs of Surprise: As long as your feet remain dry in these holed footwear you have a stealth and attack from stealth critical bonus(effect applied despite requirement when you're carrying a torch).

google THIS

nesamdoom posted:

This should help you kill some time.
Your quest reads, "I need you to deliver a message to our four leaders, this message could change the fate of our civilization. But remember hero, our leaders are proud, perhaps a little too proud. The order in which you'll deliver the message to them will affect their opinion of you and the way they think they're viewed by us, so choose wisely who you pick first and last."

I leveraged all of my vast intellect researching the temperament and habits of King Mondale I of Castle Alpha in Onett, Duchess Tuesdia II of Castle Beta in Twoson, Marchioness Wendy III of Castle Gamma in Threed, and Earl Thorsden IV of Castle Delta in Fourside, in that order.

Anyway by the time I had finished my research my medicinal plants were nearly ready to harvest so I just did 3-2-4-1 because that allowed me to visit them all using the shortest possible circuit, hope that's ok

baka of lathspell

quest me up please

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

google THIS posted:

I leveraged all of my vast intellect researching the temperament and habits of King Mondale I of Castle Alpha in Onett, Duchess Tuesdia II of Castle Beta in Twoson, Marchioness Wendy III of Castle Gamma in Threed, and Earl Thorsden IV of Castle Delta in Fourside, in that order.

Anyway by the time I had finished my research my medicinal plants were nearly ready to harvest so I just did 3-2-4-1 because that allowed me to visit them all using the shortest possible circuit, hope that's ok

Exemplary work indeed. As you were given a delivery quest you're only granted 7 coins per hour(I hope they tipped well), but for thuroughness I'm giving you the bonus. Trowel of Bounty: The first seed placed in any hole dug with this tool will yield 10% bonus if the harvester is under the effect of Chill.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

baka fwocka fwame posted:

quest me up please

Indeed I shall. Good luck adventurer.

Your quest reads, "I'm afraid my ship's crew is made up of a bunch of fools. They managed to drop a whole load of cannonballs into the waters below. I really need those balls back, would you mind diving down and gathering them for me? Don't worry, they're not that heavy, you won't drown. I think."

As a special lunchtime bonus I feel I can offer you a wand of minor underwater breathing if you'll try to grab me some nuggets on the way back. Wand of Minor Underwater Breathing: Breath water as if breathing air. Unlimited uses. Effect duration 30 seconds. Effect casting 20 seconds.

baka of lathspell

i dove to the bottom of the deep depths, heart pounding with scary fear, & gathered each cannonball one by one, as if i was collecting a set amount of fish scales in a game like the elder scrolls iv: oblivion. when i went to get nuggets the nugget men surrounded me and said they were all ghosts killed by that type of cannonball & that i had enabled more suffering. it turned out this was a city full of ghosts, some wretched cursed place a la innsmouth or some place of that description, so yeah look out for that place between here and the pirate cove

also the ghosts ate yr nuggets

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

baka fwocka fwame posted:

i dove to the bottom of the deep depths, heart pounding with scary fear, & gathered each cannonball one by one, as if i was collecting a set amount of fish scales in a game like the elder scrolls iv: oblivion. when i went to get nuggets the nugget men surrounded me and said they were all ghosts killed by that type of cannonball & that i had enabled more suffering. it turned out this was a city full of ghosts, some wretched cursed place a la innsmouth or some place of that description, so yeah look out for that place between here and the pirate cove

also the ghosts ate yr nuggets

Them eating my nugs meant you got to them, so success on the bonus mission. Bonus info on some real dickish ghosts. This was some fine work. Your reward with be two magical flintlock pistols that reload themselves, but only fire underwater.

biosterous

i wanna quest this is fun and good

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I am full of zest for a fresh quest request!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

i wanna quest this is fun and good

We're quickly building ourselves into BYOB's legendary adventure society through all of your hard work.

One for you.

Your quest reads, "We're completely overwhelmed. The war is at its peak and more and more injured come into our hospital in search of aid, but we're running low in supplies. None of us can afford to leave the injured to seek out more supplies, so we need you to do so. Please gather Peaceblossom, sea urchin needles, silkweb and honey."

Chewbecca posted:

I am full of zest for a fresh quest request!

And one for you.

Your quest reads, "I'm afraid my horses have escaped, they now roam my fields and I've failed my attempts at getting them back. It's not safe for them out there, too many predators. Hero, could you please return them to me?"

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am more of adventurer than a quester but hey i'll give it a shot

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Heather Papps posted:

i am more of adventurer than a quester but hey i'll give it a shot

I have just the thing for you. Daring and adventurey...

Your quest reads, "I'm afraid some of our scouts have been captured. We never leave one of our own behind, so we must free them, but sending in a small army will be the death of them for sure. Those monsters will kill our scouts once they see us, they take no risks. So we need you to go on your own, infiltrate their camp and save our troops. Curse those wretched goblins. My duties prevent me from going with you, but I doubt I'd be needed anyway.
I don't think you'll have much troubles dealing with those goblins. You can take out as many of them as you like, the less of those lowlives there are in this world, the better."

Ohtori Akio

nesamdoom posted:

As you've formulated a solid plan I have autorisation to give you the reward item. Crocs of Surprise: As long as your feet remain dry in these holed footwear you have a stealth and attack from stealth critical bonus(effect applied despite requirement when you're carrying a torch).

I launch daring raids into the enemy encampments by night, seeking to destroy the command structure and demoralize the rank and file.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Ohtori Akio posted:

I launch daring raids into the enemy encampments by night, seeking to destroy the command structure and demoralize the rank and file.

Fantastic work. You've earned a bonus of 2500 copper coins, which is enough to get food delivered from the local hut or several days worth of rations if you talk to Ceasar.

Ohtori Akio

nesamdoom posted:

Fantastic work. You've earned a bonus of 2500 copper coins, which is enough to get food delivered from the local hut or several days worth of rations if you talk to Ceasar.

This is an unsuitable arrangement, as it leaves resources available to my enemies for forage.

I order what men are at my command to confiscate food from every available border region endangered by the encampments, depriving my foes of sustenance. I use the coppers to outfit these men with a polearm and chain-shirt apiece.

How many men do I have? Who are my lieutenants?

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Ohtori Akio posted:

This is an unsuitable arrangement, as it leaves resources available to my enemies for forage.

I order what men are at my command to confiscate food from every available border region endangered by the encampments, depriving my foes of sustenance. I use the coppers to outfit these men with a polearm and chain-shirt apiece.

How many men do I have? Who are my lieutenants?

That's on you, I'm just here to hand out quests and weird/inadequate/weirdly-inadequate rewards. I can give you a Compass of Recruitment that points in the direction of the 9th best option of somebody to join you as long as they haven't already been asked. As this is a reasonably open quest you are allowed to continue war criming the Guard's Order will pay 9 coins a day you can use on games of chance at a local castle and perchance win great prizes, but you may also end up with just a lot of tiny soldiers.
E:That's 9 per day to any you can recruit and 15 for you.

Ohtori Akio

nesamdoom posted:

That's on you, I'm just here to hand out quests and weird/inadequate/weirdly-inadequate rewards. I can give you a Compass of Recruitment that points in the direction of the 9th best option of somebody to join you as long as they haven't already been asked. As this is a reasonably open quest you are allowed to continue war criming the Guard's Order will pay 9 coins a day you can use on games of chance at a local castle and perchance win great prizes, but you may also end up with just a lot of tiny soldiers.
E:That's 9 per day to any you can recruit and 15 for you.

I'll take the Compass.

Heather Papps

hello friend

nesamdoom posted:

I have just the thing for you. Daring and adventurey...

Your quest reads, "I'm afraid some of our scouts have been captured. We never leave one of our own behind, so we must free them, but sending in a small army will be the death of them for sure. Those monsters will kill our scouts once they see us, they take no risks. So we need you to go on your own, infiltrate their camp and save our troops. Curse those wretched goblins. My duties prevent me from going with you, but I doubt I'd be needed anyway.
I don't think you'll have much troubles dealing with those goblins. You can take out as many of them as you like, the less of those lowlives there are in this world, the better."

i need a moment to prepare

*rubs eye patch, rotates mechanical arm*

i'll try and keep things non lethal

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

nesamdoom posted:

Your quest reads, "We're completely overwhelmed. The war is at its peak and more and more injured come into our hospital in search of aid, but we're running low in supplies. None of us can afford to leave the injured to seek out more supplies, so we need you to do so. Please gather Peaceblossom, sea urchin needles, silkweb and honey."

okay well i've got a bunch of sewing needles which i think will probably be more sanitary than sea urchin needles, also i've got a bunch of non-flavoured dental floss, that's probably like silkweb. out of honey but i'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so i'll pick up a bottle, and see is they have peaceblossom, or maybe a bag of frozen peas

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

quest me nesam

baka of lathspell

rear end-penny posted:

quest me nesam

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

okay well i've got a bunch of sewing needles which i think will probably be more sanitary than sea urchin needles, also i've got a bunch of non-flavoured dental floss, that's probably like silkweb. out of honey but i'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so i'll pick up a bottle, and see is they have peaceblossom, or maybe a bag of frozen peas

Great work. Due to you're improvisational nature of completing this quest and doing so with materials that are undoubtedly superior to what was requested I'm rewarding you this Improvised Bag of Holding: Dimensional bag that doubles the weight of anything put in it, but everything will come out in the same condition as placed in. Storage space: unlimited.
Enjoy never needing to worry about how you're going to keep frozen peas cold or carry 50 pillows at once.

rear end-penny posted:

quest me nesam

This I can do.

Your quest reads, "My family is coming over in 2 days and I want to make them my secret recipe pie, unfortunately I need a few more ingredients to make it. I need you to get me some flour, a couple of eggs, some spiderlegs, half a dozen beetle husks and a cup of sugar. Oh this cake is going to be amazing! You can have a piece if you'd like."

baka fwocka fwame I'm going to count your quoting rear end-penny as a request for more work.
Your quest reads, "I need more coconuts, a whole lot more. They're amazing, I don't think there's anything you can't use a coconut for. You can eat their flesh, drink their juice, use them for lotions, use them for medicines, they can enhance beauty and much more. Please, gather me as much coconuts as you can find, I think I just came up with an amazing business idea."

Ohtori Akio posted:

I'll take the Compass.

Good luck with the slaughter.

Heather Papps posted:

i need a moment to prepare

*rubs eye patch, rotates mechanical arm*

i'll try and keep things non lethal

Excellent initiative, just like your brand new Hammock of Initiative: Any attempt to do something while lying in the hammock will give you the first move over any others in the area.

biosterous

nesamdoom posted:

Great work. Due to you're improvisational nature of completing this quest and doing so with materials that are undoubtedly superior to what was requested I'm rewarding you this Improvised Bag of Holding: Dimensional bag that doubles the weight of anything put in it, but everything will come out in the same condition as placed in. Storage space: unlimited.
Enjoy never needing to worry about how you're going to keep frozen peas cold or carry 50 pillows at once.

oh hell yes, i'm replacing the liner of my babushka grocery cart with this immediately

gallery of sigs

he/him

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

oh hell yes, i'm replacing the liner of my babushka grocery cart with this immediately

It's funny that after giving that I rolled a pillow related quest to gather feathers. I've been thinking to switch to OpenAI Playground to AI gen quests and think that might work better than the RNG that's sort of repeating things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

"No-Fail Quests"... Don't tell me what I can't can do! I'm full of failure! I'd like to try though! (Also I like this thread idea, good one nesamdoom!)