Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the graphics chip is integrated

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ELTON JOHN posted:

the graphics chip is integrated

fail

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
it also has uh....*tries real hard to remember the article*...cores?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mac is a working class name

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ELTON JOHN posted:

it also has uh....*tries real hard to remember the article*...cores?

lol

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Macs have always been able to run World of Warcraft so what’s the point of this thread?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but not overwatch, which is funny to me since world of warcraft has way more advanced graphics

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

big time. trash vibe.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Macintosh, more like Mac-in-trash amiright!?

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
enjoy your three games OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i prefer my RAM soldiered to the MB, makes the connection faster

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Bobcats posted:

enjoy your three games OP

this sounds bad, but i could probably be pretty happy playing nothing but hades, stardew valley, and botw on loop for the rest of my life.

unfortunately one of those games isn't for mac.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I heard this new game halo is mac only, suck it Microshaft

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
somewhere a mac guy sits in his herman miller chair astonished at the fact his new $2,500 computer runs a video game at 60 frames per second

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cac

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Lazy Fair posted:

somewhere a mac guy sits in his herman miller chair astonished at the fact his new $2,500 computer runs a video game at 60 frames per second

mine is a refurbished $1700 m1 pro laptop and it runs total war warhammer 3 (sometimes abbreviated as TWW3, WH3, or tw3) at 60 fps

like i dont even know if thats a good price for a laptop that does that but i didnt even buy it for gaming which is the part that really surprised me

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

how do you fit a 3080 in a laptop?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Prettz posted:

how do you fit a 3080 in a laptop?

in one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Core-Thunderbolt-External-Enclosure/dp/B07CQG2K5K

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

crapple macintrash

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my babby momma just got an asus with the new intel ARC370 and an amazing 120 hrz OLED screen

thing is overkill for everything but its very nice

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

crapple macintrash

thinking this as well

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i only play cs and wow and the m1 macook air runs those two very well

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

excuse me while i retire to my RGB ATX sized PC gaming chamber for the evening

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my computer and its RTX keeps my place warm during the winter months

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'll stick to the superior Mac gaming experience on a hinky machine I got for free:

I had to get a psu and spend an hour recently to fix a heat issue because Apple charges more for stuff that overheats and borks up lots. A couple rubber feet, a clipped off bit from an Amiga 500 heat shield, an a dab of thermal paste and it seems fixed.

Honestly though these days pretty much a decent Android tablet and a Switch gives me like 70% of anything semi new or recent I might want to play plus most emulation and other things a computer does. My PS4 gives me even more and I basically only turn my pc on to play Solasta and Mechwarrior online plus the few machines my Android tablet doesn't have decent emulators for.

That leaves me with money now and then to buy and do dumb things to my Amiga and then just play dungeon crawlers on the Switch that only some times should probably get the developers put on some kind of Sex Offender list. (I want to go through dungeons and bash monsters so numbers go up, not engage in creepy rubbing minigames. I want to make my parties of mostly old rear end adults and their kids, not read tons of text screens from underage anime girls. Is it too much to ask? Let me fill in my automap and quit trying to market games to Libertarians.)

Uhh.. have fun with your M1 I guess though?

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 26, 2022

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

You have died of dysentery.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The M1 and its variants is pretty cool IMO because Apple took the ARM64 architecture and turned it into something that swings close to Intel and AMD’s premium offerings.

It’s like someone taking the squart guy, dressing him up, educating him, and now he’s hanging out at the Metgala talking international politics with Ivy-league pricks. It rules.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

steve jerbs

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 26, 2022

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Waffle! posted:

The last time I gamed on a Mac it was with one of these:

It was Quake 3 and it owned.

I was going to come in to say 'How do you manage a variety of games with only one mouse button'.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Scam Likely posted:

Irish computing has really come a long way.

Mac*Surname* is Scottish.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I’ve been waiting 35 years to play Number Munchers in VR with all of my online friends. The time is as hand.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
all you need for mac gaming:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Imagine paying one thousand seven hundred dollars for a laptop and then being impressed that it can run some games at 60 fps

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ELTON JOHN posted:

my macbook m1 so far runs everything ive put on it (i guess the big ones are bg3 and tw3) at max settings with no problem

like i didnt even buy it for gaming but lol drat. wtf. cant wait for the m1 native no man's sky later this year

sorry if this is controversial please let's try to keep our emotions in check while we discuss the death of pc gaming

edit:

i am sorry, but by tw3 i mean total war warhammer 3. i hosed up ok

cool. you paid 3X as much to play mediocre games

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wtf is the 'future'?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

wtf is the 'future'?

Russia starting a nuclear war?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Someone help me find something. There was a parody commercial I probably saw here like 10-15 years ago, it was a mac commercial in the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" format with two guys and the dorky one is a PC.

Dork guy goes "I'm a PC, and upgrading me is hard. You have to make sure the new parts are compatible, your power source is sufficient, install new drivers, mess with the BIOS/Jumpers..."

Cool guy goes "I'm a Mac, and upgrading me is easy. You just pick me up, throw me in the fuckin' trash, and buy a new one."

I can't seem to find this commercial anywhere though :(

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vaginite posted:

Someone help me find something. There was a parody commercial I probably saw here like 10-15 years ago, it was a mac commercial in the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" format with two guys and the dorky one is a PC.

Dork guy goes "I'm a PC, and upgrading me is hard. You have to make sure the new parts are compatible, your power source is sufficient, install new drivers, mess with the BIOS/Jumpers..."

Cool guy goes "I'm a Mac, and upgrading me is easy. You just pick me up, throw me in the fuckin' trash, and buy a new one."

I can't seem to find this commercial anywhere though :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEG5LVXdKo
here is all mac vs pc adds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Mac and Me