Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
This is the best place to post about wrestling. It's not perfect, but what is? I guess I wish people would chill out more about certain topics.

My main problem with it is that I often feel like I can't post in the discussion threads because life was too busy and I couldn't watch Dynamite yet. This is no one's fault but my boss'.

I no longer work from home and my performance metrics got worse ever since I stopped being able to shitpost during work. This is not even a joke, it's actually true.

There's criticisms about the moderation here, and yea, I agree. You don't need a whole day where a sixer is more than enough and also actually be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

carlcx should be paid for his ufc posts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i nominate Fucker for a trial ik

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

Man, whatever happened to that Stone Cold 64 guy who mysteriously disappeared? I wish he still posted here. He was god's favorite IK.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

carlcx should be paid for his ufc posts

Big agree! Carlcx post your substack again, all of psp should be shown your extremely good posts.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

I'm interested in this discussion, and maybe I can contribute that, from a moderating perspective, one of the issues is that near-everyone sees their own aggression (or dunking, especially dunking) as righteous. It means that people are constantly asking you that their own posts are exceptions to the rule, often paired with a request to punish their posting enemies.

This is pretty accurate. I’m not sure it’s actually necessary for anyone to take it on themselves to drive bad posters away.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

Wow, thanks so much. I’d be honored.

e: severely misunderstood post

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

This place is good, it's by far the best place to talk about wrestling, I just wish people didn't take things so seriously sometimes. People can get real god drat aggro/defensive at the drop of a hat. About wrestling!!
I think it's a clash of ways of approaching this place (and posting in general) that leads to a lot of misinterpretations of intent. For example, I post here because, primarily, it's fun to me. It's entertainment. I like reading and posting dumb crap. The sillier the better. Some people want to discuss things, maybe even debate some stuff. That's fine too! But don't expect me to care as much as you do about certain things. I'm here to have a good time, not to convince anyone or be convinced of anything. Thank you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

neoaxd posted:

This place is good, it's by far the best place to talk about wrestling, I just wish people didn't take things so seriously sometimes. People can get real god drat aggro/defensive at the drop of a hat. About wrestling!!
I think it's a clash of ways of approaching this place (and posting in general) that leads to a lot of misinterpretations of intent. For example, I post here because, primarily, it's fun to me. It's entertainment. I like reading and posting dumb crap. The sillier the better. Some people want to discuss things, maybe even debate some stuff. That's fine too! But don't expect me to care as much as you do about certain things. I'm here to have a good time, not to convince anyone or be convinced of anything. Thank you.

Yeah, something I try to be aware of as a poster is that I bounce around and it can be tough to read intent because of that. Sometimes I want to make really bad poo poo posts about stanning Charlotte because it's funny. Sometimes I want to make serious posts about the art of story telling in pro wrestling. It can be tough to read a post and know which one I'm making if I do both.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I like the livethreads a lot and look forward to posting with all my PSP pals every week. I love to hoot (and hollar) about all the wrassling. Like when one wrestler does a big slam on another wrestler and lots of peeps go "WHOA" or "BIG SLAM!" Good times.

I would also like to say that I like seeing new people here posting about the wrestlers and shows they like. It's been happening more and more as AEW has been slowly snowballing popularity and WWE's recent transitions being in the news. Maybe it would be good to have separate New To Wrasslin/New To MMA threads? Idk, I'm just brainstorming ideas only my brain doesn't work very well these days, just a thought!

Anyway it's a good ol forum we got here. Those are my thoughts ty for reading

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Also, I would Iike to be paid for my posts

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

neoaxd posted:

Also, I would Iike to be paid for my posts

Hell, same. The lack of compensation is the real reason I don't post that much anymore.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Each post earns you 1/500th of a bitcoin, counter resets every 24 hours.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Each post earns you 1/500th of a bitcoin, counter resets every 24 hours.
That's forty bucks a post

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, something I try to be aware of as a poster is that I bounce around and it can be tough to read intent because of that. Sometimes I want to make really bad poo poo posts about stanning Charlotte because it's funny. Sometimes I want to make serious posts about the art of story telling in pro wrestling. It can be tough to read a post and know which one I'm making if I do both.

This is a pretty good point and I'm bad at remembering it sometimes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

That's forty bucks a post

goddamn right.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

What good is my posting if I can't convert it into liquid assets?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's not happening for anybody but if we make the posts smaller we can turn them into liquid rear end-ettes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Best they can do is minting your post as an nft and letting it gain value

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

Man, whatever happened to that Stone Cold 64 guy who mysteriously disappeared? I wish he still posted here. He was god's favorite IK.

he still lurks....within..

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

What I personally wanna know is what happened to the guy who made all those JR videos for us? This forum went to hell in a hand basket after he left.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Big agree! Carlcx post your substack again, all of psp should be shown your extremely good posts.

Man I don't wanna self-promote in the future forum feedback thread but all wrestleposters are more than free to join us in the MMA thread where we also don't know poo poo about MMA

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think that if someone makes a joke post and someone flips out about it, the flipper outer should be told soothing things like “chill out dog” and not assume the joking post was an attempt to troll.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think that if someone makes a joke post and someone flips out about it, the flipper outer should be told soothing things like “chill out dog” and not assume the joking post was an attempt to troll.

yea

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i enjoy this place and spend too much time here, 10/10 would have gotten here earlier if i had a second chance at life

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think just some more active participation from mods would be nice, yeah. things get really fighty real fast in the aew threads these days and it makes me enjoy reading both the live and weekly threads less and less. when disagreements start bc two people have wildly different takes on what actually happened on a TV show (not even opinions, just literal facts) it'd be nice to have someone both able to step in between and knowledgeable enough to know which person isn't pulling stuff out of their rear end

I do think things have moved away from people being outright trolly and posting dumb takes as a Comedy Bit, at least, which is nice? or at least people as a whole have gotten better at knowing who does it often and ignoring them instead of taking the bait

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I really liked the way Shard and NN handled that last thing.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, that was really well done and what I'd like to see more of

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That situation grossly overestimated how much I plan on apologizing for my words and deeds in the future. Shard has exclusive NineNunb apology rights. To all else I’m still the bastard from hell.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Thanlis posted:

I really liked the way Shard and NN handled that last thing.

I agree, a great example of acting like adults on the internet.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

That situation grossly overestimated how much I plan on apologizing for my words and deeds in the future. Shard has exclusive NineNunb apology rights. To all else I’m still the bastard from hell.

Love you too buddy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

To all else I’m still the bastard from hell.

You can say that again.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i was really dismayed a month ago when mrt's AEW discussion thread had a typo in it and it took hours for a mod to fix, what this forum needs is to give me power again - but only the power of just stickying and or editing thread titles/tags. thanks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

i was really dismayed a month ago when mrt's AEW discussion thread had a typo in it and it took hours for a mod to fix, what this forum needs is to give me power again - but only the power of just stickying and or editing thread titles/tags. thanks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you find this gif in 2004

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

did you find this gif in 2004
shut up and lend ur energy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

After I stopped being a mod, it took me far too long to get used to the idea that I couldn't just fix typos anymore :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

carlcx, cavauro and yea ok should be modded in this forum

no irony posting, no bullshit - just my serious opinion