Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

As an MMA mod I'm obviously for it but we just renamed the forum for Sting a few days ago so I wasn't sure how folks would feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Rename it The Stinger Splash Zone And Hammer House.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CarlCX posted:

As an MMA mod I'm obviously for it but we just renamed the forum for Sting a few days ago so I wasn't sure how folks would feel.

It's high time MMA got prime placement in the forum name anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

ill be seconding this

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Rename it The Stinger Splash Zone And Hammer House.

I think The Hammer House and Stinger Splash Zone flows better if using both.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Hammer House: Stinger Splash Zone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you want to honor the greatest wrestler of all time and Sting it should be

The Hammer House: Sting's Squadron

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

:colbert:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Now that's settled, I want to complain about the tie culture currently going on in The Greatest Match Since 2019 thread

Twice in a row now a Shingo Takgai match has tied up with another match and no new matches can be voted on until a winner is decided.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086&pagenumber=6#post538324034

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

fez_machine posted:

Now that's settled, I want to complain about the tie culture currently going on in The Greatest Match Since 2019 thread

Twice in a row now a Shingo Takgai match has tied up with another match and no new matches can be voted on until a winner is decided.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086&pagenumber=6#post538324034

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Thanks Tommy Dreamer for giving "hammer" a completely different meaning when I think of it in pro wrestling context.

Completely changes the forum title lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

Thanks Tommy Dreamer for giving "hammer" a completely different meaning when I think of it in pro wrestling context.

Completely changes the forum title lol

This is the only thing you should think of when you think of Hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

“Taking screenshots is a pain in the rear end”

loving what?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tao of lmao posted:

“Taking screenshots is a pain in the rear end”

loving what?

Quick tutorial for people: windows key+shift+s on windows.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Also a pain in the rear end: trying to read a thread full of broken twitter embeds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if that isn't an option or you prefer, you also can use https://tweethunter.io/tweetpik, or keep on telling everyone to gently caress off. i'm not involved in your life. i'm just trying to help

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tao of lmao posted:

Also a pain in the rear end: trying to read a thread full of broken twitter embeds.

I have seen that function break maybe twice, meanwhile taking the screenshot and then hosting it takes more time than copying and pasting a link and that has considerably more functionality for video and multi photo posts which a screenshot can't really capture.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

I have seen that function break maybe twice, meanwhile taking the screenshot and then hosting it takes more time than copying and pasting a link and that has considerably more functionality for video and multi photo posts which a screenshot can't really capture.

Twice? What a blessed life you live.

Also, something awful has attachments and that doesn't seem a huge hurdle to jump if you're posting anyway.

That is, unless you're just trying to spam tweets in a po--ah yes, the AEW OP.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if anyone sends me a pm with a tweet in it i can determine whether it should be screenshotted or posted as an embedded link. some of the things i would consider would be the value in potential preservation of words, whether or not it's relevant that someone is able to view a video or enlarge multiple screenshots, and a lot more. you don't need to worry about that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Twice? What a blessed life you live.

Also, something awful has attachments and that doesn't seem a huge hurdle to jump if you're posting anyway.

That is, unless you're just trying to spam tweets in a po--ah yes, the AEW OP.

Maybe they fixed it post Lowtax but the forums file attachments barely ever worked for me so I never bother using it because I always ended up having to use something else.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't had issues with attachments every time I've tried to use them but you don't have to twist my arm hard to convince me they used to not work right on this radium masterpiece

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Modern image hosting is a pain in the rear end, whether on desktop (Photobucket in general wants everyone paying minimum $5month/$50yr to view images let alone post them) or mobile (Imgur app broken, SA app broken); meanwhile Twitter has always embedded for me as long as it's in the twitter.com format, and it takes way less effort and time to change your url from x to twitter after a plain copy-paste (and type a summary if needed too, that's always a good thing in general) than to figure out what image-hoster works at the moment and isn't currently on a subscription-service-only plan and is supported on this site

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I see 10+ comments in the Feedback Thread I expect to read something juicier than twitter embed discourse. Do better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you have accidentally typed what you were saying into the mirror at the end of your last post

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mark Like A Cole-
Man Took A Toll

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's what i like to see. loving tribute. we're all rooting for the big fella. same birthday (not year) as me mother.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
motion to ban "do better" and all variants from PSP (nka THH: SSZ)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

motion to ban "do better" and all variants from PSP (nka THH: SSZ)

Motion denied. Mods, do the needful

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Senerio posted:

woah i had still been using print sc and pasting into paint

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

psp isnt even the original name for this subforum

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WH2K forever

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

STING 64 posted:

woah i had still been using print sc and pasting into paint

You can toggle a windows setting to default bind it to the printscreen button, and I recommend everyone do so.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

was gonna buy wrestlehut 2k24 but it looks like its just a roster update

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Just use the Gyazo browser plugin

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

STING 64 posted:

psp isnt even the original name for this subforum

It’s the name of the forum from when I joined, which is the only thing that matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its original name was the psf