Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIP Lynn Thigpen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm glad I was too young for those Mario edutainment games because I grew up with the Windows 95 Carmen Sandiego games and those were great.

on the opposite end of mario is missing i have a deep fondness for super mario type which i credit for my incredible typing abilities, thank god cause maybe then i would be not posting on a wrestling forum now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my introduction to superman 64 was massrafter's LP of it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i asked for mario is missing and kirbys adventure one year for xmas and moms said santa could only pick one and "santa" picked kirby. thanks mom it was a great loving choice :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought about this for a long time before deciding to ask. what if they release mario 2 without telling anybody it was even in development?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can I be given mod powers

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cavauro posted:

thought about this for a long time before deciding to ask. what if they release mario 2 without telling anybody it was even in development?

It would cause a Doki Doki Panic

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can I be given mod powers

It would cause a Doki Doki Panic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dorky dorky panic

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Can we get a spoiler rule for out-of-company threads? A number of folks got spoiled for NJPW results in the AEW thread which sucks if they actively avoided the NJPW thread for that very reason.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

On The Internet posted:

Can we get a spoiler rule for out-of-company threads? A number of folks got spoiled for NJPW results in the AEW thread which sucks if they actively avoided the NJPW thread for that very reason.

Yeah, I similarly got the ROH show spoiled for me in the AEW thread last weekend. I mean I know those companies are owned by the same guy but maybe wait at least 24 hours before you start posting about the results, especially if each company has its own thread.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, sounds good. I think it should be a courtesy to wait at least 24 hours before posting major results outside of designated company threads, or at least to spoiler tag them appropriately and label them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW official Twitter posted it , it's fair game imho

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW official Twitter posted it , it's fair game imho

Not everyone has an account on or follows that dumb website tho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think if you're genuinely concerned about the result of a match that stars one of the top guys in a company, you should avoid the thread and other places discussing that company. Seems like a skill issue.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It doesn't really matter, we keep making that rule and then people forget and do it

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
We can probably argue about it for pages and pages and I'm never going to intentionally go out of my way to spoil something but if it's already happened and aired I still think it should be up to the individuals to side with caution when interacting with SA/any other social media instead of on the posters to spoil tag everything on a live show that happened 8, 12, 24 hours prior.

The only things that really need spoilers are shows that are filmed/taped ahead of time that haven't aired yet and usually that's not an issue because nobody watches TNA or NWA regularly enough to get mad about spoilers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

We can probably argue about it for pages and pages and I'm never going to intentionally go out of my way to spoil something but if it's already happened and aired I still think it should be up to the individuals to side with caution when interacting with SA/any other social media instead of on the posters to spoil tag everything on a live show that happened 8, 12, 24 hours prior.

The only things that really need spoilers are shows that are filmed/taped ahead of time that haven't aired yet and usually that's not an issue because nobody watches TNA or NWA regularly enough to get mad about spoilers

Yea

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

brother

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I remember when I had something spoiled in a completely unrelated thread a few years back and I flipped out and called someone a dick (the darkness in my heart was immense that day)

In the ensuing conversation, it turned out no one, apparently, cares about spoilers. Sure a grace period for 24 hours or something might be nice but people just won't care, they treat wrestling spoilers like sports results and just freely give them away. That's just the established etiquette on that. At this point, If I really care about not getting something spoiled, I just don't go to the internet for a while. So that dark part of me, that calls people dicks can slumber forevermore.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i am going to spoil NWA and TNA results that'll put butts in the seat

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
what the hell man

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am going to spoil NWA and TNA results that'll put butts in the seat
jokes on you the only person that posts tna spoilers is also the only person on psp that follows the product

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

drat you for being so good at this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IGgy IGsen posted:

I remember when I had something spoiled in a completely unrelated thread a few years back and I flipped out and called someone a dick (the darkness in my heart was immense that day)

In the ensuing conversation, it turned out no one, apparently, cares about spoilers. Sure a grace period for 24 hours or something might be nice but people just won't care, they treat wrestling spoilers like sports results and just freely give them away. That's just the established etiquette on that. At this point, If I really care about not getting something spoiled, I just don't go to the internet for a while. So that dark part of me, that calls people dicks can slumber forevermore.

Yeah, I mean, as someone who lives in a timezone where maybe US stuff isn't so easy for me to watch live, because staying up until 4am is hard now I'm old, I'd appreciate if people would maybe not just casually spoil poo poo, but it's a lost battle.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If you don't want to get spoiled then don't go to the wrestling subforum before watching the show. Especially if that show has wrestlers from three other companies.

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 13, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you go on social media, you're taking your life in your hand and SomethingAwful is social media. Not because people shouldn't spoil poo poo, but because it's impossible to keep that kind of thing from falling through the cracks because people are just gonna inevitably forget and post about the thing they watched.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 13, 2024

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Glad you’re dealing with the darkness in your heart

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a tough spot this time because of NJPW spoilers coming out when you'd usually expect (4am or something CST), because this show was in the states the spoilers are coming out prime time and they'll just blind side ya.

Spoiler tags exist, I think it would be cool if people used them more, but also what are you going to do when AEW is publicizing it everywhere

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I had to unfollow must promotions on Twitter cause of spoilers

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, I mean, as someone who lives in a timezone where maybe US stuff isn't so easy for me to watch live, because staying up until 4am is hard now I'm old, I'd appreciate if people would maybe not just casually spoil poo poo, but it's a lost battle.

As someone in a non-US timezone, when I pointed out the same a while ago, it was like "yeah, watch it live, then." It's like, I'm in the middle of work when it's on live, you loving idiot.

IGgy IGsen posted:

But then, whether one goes to seek out spoilers or not should be up to that individual. The frustration stems from having that choice taken away by some fuckwit online and then being told we're at fault because everyone else didn't bend over backwards to accommodate the same fuckwit and their fuckwit friends. It's funny how other subforums seem to be able to handle spoilers, but when it comes to this place, it's apparently too difficult to put something behind spoiler tags. I didn't think doing this was a Herculean task if there ever was one, yet here we are.

Sticky Nate posted:

If you don't want to get spoiled then don't go to the wrestling subforum before watching the show. Especially if that show has wrestlers from three other companies.

Because being courteous is apparently simply not an option, then?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
On days when I'm avoiding spoilers I have to like read a book or something cause there ain't no way everyone's gonna be on the same page about spoiler tagging stuff. Play sudoku on my phone. It's kinda frustrating but you're pissing against the wind I'm afraid

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've run the Doctor Who threads in TV IV for about 10 years now, and I've always said as soon as HRH can watch it on BBC One, it is no longer a spoiler. This has meant that I, an American, could not go in the thread that I authored because it hadn't aired yet in the United States. EVEN NOW, when Doctor Who will go online legally hours before it airs on BBC One, I am keeping that rule in effect.

It's kind of hard not to spoiler Eddie Kingston saving Jon Moxley from sparklers, is what I'm trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I’d agree if spoilers were being contained in the relevant threads.

I’ve had AEW results spoiled in the social media threads and the ongoing suggestion that asking people to use the spoiler tags is somehow unreasonable is utterly absurd.

It’s also absurd to demand people who haven’t had a chance to view something to adjust their behaviour while refusing to make any sort of effort yourselves is also pretty hosed up.