Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

I still firmly believe we could use individual thread tags for Dynamite and Rampage. It would make it much easier to go back and look at old GDTs.

I'll knock these out tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also no more goddamn spoilers in thread titles it’s easy enough to avoid going into threads about stuff you haven’t watched yet and if you go into one and get spoiled then you’re a deserving dumbass but putting it in the thread title is a dick move when there’s a large chunk of the forum who aren’t in the US and don’t watch all their wrestling at 2am.
what spoilers were in thread titles

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

plenty in the AEW weekly discussion, go back and you can find them easily.

dunno why that isn’t just the default

outside of the sonny kiss one i dont see any spoiler thread titles and the sonny kiss one is probably a fine one to do since it's actively advertising sonny kiss will be on that show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

mods did change the titles once or twice because of the spoiler in the thread title which i believe is the blanked out discussion thread title

i c

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Oh, that reminds me. A little while back, there was discussion in the feedback thread about the subforum having a bit of a 'bad vibes' problem that people were having difficulty pinning down. How do people feel things have gone since then? Better? Worse?
i was taken off The List so i am thinking that things are better

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I think there was a period after the last big discussion where a bunch of posters seemed to be making a concentrated effort to be more welcoming or speak out against undeserved or uneven hostility. And I still see that happen sometimes. But generally I think everything's kind of settled back into the usual state of things.
have you been following big brother this season man did that cast go south real abruptly

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

carlcx should be paid for his ufc posts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i nominate Fucker for a trial ik

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

Man, whatever happened to that Stone Cold 64 guy who mysteriously disappeared? I wish he still posted here. He was god's favorite IK.

he still lurks....within..

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think that if someone makes a joke post and someone flips out about it, the flipper outer should be told soothing things like “chill out dog” and not assume the joking post was an attempt to troll.

yea

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

i was really dismayed a month ago when mrt's AEW discussion thread had a typo in it and it took hours for a mod to fix, what this forum needs is to give me power again - but only the power of just stickying and or editing thread titles/tags. thanks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

did you find this gif in 2004
shut up and lend ur energy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the ufc threads are a secret treasure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Actually, another place where I think having more mods or IKs will help is that threads are free so I really do think people would be comfortable making something like a "serious posts only thread" and expect that to be enforced within reason. I think being able to do that will solve some of the problems where mega threads are trying to be for everyone. It just requires someone reading those threads with some buttons.

Paper Lion posted:

i think the "bad vibes" issue that got brought up on page 1 really just boils down to some people taking wrestling, their opinions about wrestling, and most notably other peoples opinions about wrestling, far far too seriously. my ideal version of a wrestling forum is a place where the same poster can go in one thread and pour their heart out about, idk, how much aew means to them because it was there during the pandemic when they couldnt visit family or something, and then go to another thread and respond to someone saying something dumb with what_a_mark.mp4. i think if the posters here actually wanted true constant pedantry and honesty then we would filter into shittier places on the internet, and the real vibe is "place to be yourself and post whats on your mind about wrestling and do jokes". sometimes though, posting honestly is the joke. maybe thats the secret more people need to know. idk. mod niennumb he was good at the old funny wrestling forum that everyone liked

neoaxd posted:

When I read something that is egregiously stupid, unless I have reasons to believe otherwise, I tend to assume it's joking or it's a bit even if it's sometimes not funny because hey, jokes bomb sometimes and also some people aren't very good at them. There's posting in bad faith, but there's also reading in good faith. I think. That's just me though.

People trying to be cool, whatever, but people trying to be funny? I have to disagree that that's "noise." Jokes are fun and good and they should be encouraged. They're the best part of this place. I don't know if SA being a "Comedy Forum" even matters or is true anymore, but in my heart it is. I'm here to hang out and enjoy myself. If I wanted to be miserable and serious I'd go literally anywhere else online.

Anyway, I didn't mean to single you out Foochs, I like having you around and I think you're an important member of this community, your post just had some points that i felt were a good platform for me to be able to elaborate What I Want Out of PSP.

yea ok posted:

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, everyone's feedback is valid, but there really isn't very much 'animosity' in this forum. Now, granted, I was literally told to gently caress off and leave forever because I told a joke the other day, but that really is few and far between. Naturally, there will always be some people completely dissatisfied with any choices made, since their forums philosophy of what should and shouldn't be allowed will differ from authority.

I think, and pardon me for speaking for others, what most people want when they say 'more moderation', is just a presence of moderation. It is so much easier when a blue star is able to see that a conversation is heading into Angry Territory, to say "Let's not be so angry now", and then someone will post right after to get their last word in, then say "e; whoops didn't see that" even though they saw it, and then people can either continue discussing whatever thing but not as angry, or then they can get in trouble.

Cavauro posted:

in my opinion the only big change that should be made is a moderator who most of the time gets to just be a poster, does so, acts like an IK, and has the power to get rid of somebody who is massively freaking out or saying extremely hosed up horrible things. doesn't necessarily have to even be a change in moderators if they don't want to and did want to do exactly what i say at all times. don't change anything else in case it's a lot worse than what's going on now. maybe i'm biased since i find that pretty likely to be the case and others don't. no worries. 1+1 cents.

e; whoops didn't see above

i agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am a special unsigned free agent

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno why that post is worth getting your dander up over

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Plenty of new people have started posting in the thread that aren't assholes. Don't think there's a problem here. Next!
maybe less of this jb

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i used to get some really weird PMs from a now banned goon because i posted my appreciation for (then) cody rhodes and (currently) britt baker

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its fine if people dont like britt baker i just find it weird people get so mad if someone else likes them, which thankfully hasnt happened lately.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I think Alaois is referring to someone posting about how Britt is constantly being megapushed and will inevitably be champ forever despite her jobbing a bunch since dropping the belt

e: Beepie sucks is the view that will bring the forum together
i like brian jr because he's so awkward and bad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

People get way more mad that somebody likes a wrestler they don't like than vice versa from what I've seen.

yeah. like the kidd bandit and maki itoh fandoms on here, i dont think either of them is the greatest wrestler in the world but if people like them and enjoy them and their presence keeps people involved in wrestling i dont see any harm as long as it doesn't enter a weird stalker territory

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

there is definitely one person I put on ignore after I saw like the third weekly post by him in row starting with "I know you're all sick of hearing me talk about this but" and then three full paragraphs about how Britt Baker is killing women's wrestling

I couldn't tell you who it was because they're now assimilated into the faceless mass that is my ignore list
i only have two people on my ignore list and astral said there's a non zero chance that i would break the forums if i removed the one person from it who was put on there by radium

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna eat your cats

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will only ever say ppv

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its pronounced pay per view.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hey y'all! Your other friendly new mod here. I'm going to be less active for another week or so while I'm away for work, so you may not see me popping up as often as I usually do in threads.

That being said, I want to echo a lot of what Critical already said in their very good post earlier. We didn't really communicate on our approach to modding or anything but we both seem to have come to a pretty similar plan of action for the forum. I really, truly don't want to have to probate anyone and for sure don't want to ban anyone. So far, both Critical and I have seen conversations getting weird a couple of times and jumped in to try and break the cycle there. I don't know if that's for sure been the reason threads didn't go fully off the rails and don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I hope it helps!

I'd also echo the request to not dogpile on folks, whether it's because they said something you disagree with or are being legitimate dumb shits. I don't know if it necessarily helps for multiple people to quote a probate-able post multiple times, because then it just keeps living through the thread. Maybe it'd be best to just report the post or feel free to shoot me a PM if you see a post that needs some action on it. Again, as a new mod I'm not saying this is a rule but it's something I've seen that I don't think benefits anyone and just gives a bad poster a reason to keep making bad posts until things get terrible.

Everyone has bad days. Everyone will make a post they wish they hadn't. I want to say, it's nice to see Elephant Ambush come back from a probation and own up to things & apologize. I don't know if I see that happen all that often around here and it's a nice thing to see!

I became a goon in 2005 and, sadly, have not looked back since. I rarely ever venture out of this forum for anything. This is a fun place to post and I'm pretty stoked that I was selected to be a mod because now I can rule with unfettered power do my part to help in keeping this a nice place to post.

In closing, enjoy these pictures of our cats:

im going to feed you to mother wurm

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

make me ik of the toxx thread so i dont have to flag a mod down every time its time for someone to pay up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Would anyone care if the AEW TV Deal thread gets renamed to the AEW Business thread since it seems to be moving that direction.

just do it imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

back in the day we had a heavily modded news aggregator thread that was only for news and scoops, no discussion. maybe that can return now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BANJO IM CALLIN YOU OUT

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you could have both an aggregator and post news in threads

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just gonna make and maintain the news thread later tonight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to focus it just on news and news updates, opinion pieces would just muddy that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont have anyone on ignore except for that one coupon goon who broke the forums and radium placed him on a bunch of posters ignore lists to patch the problem

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power Windows posted:

It's the only podcast I listen to

citation needed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

real pro wrestlers are never afraid to cry

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

It was an honor serving with you.

do your duty and nail him with the ganso

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

I know this is probably a joke but just in case, only admins can actually do this.

i never found out who or why my username was briefly "its me glenda"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I oughta give you a sixer for trying to rig a contest

worked ik contest