Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Totally agree with this. I also think the AEW thread could benefit from more use of chill out for a mo sixers to help from from going off the rails as much as it does

You should be a mod unless you're gonna get real mad about Canned Burger jokes. You're around all the time and never seem to have beef with anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What about a pay to play feature where posters should be forced to pay for an account, to lower the chance of riff raff coming in with epic rereg accounts after having been banned previously?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

The AEW thread OPs need more fanart and memes

I'd make more but I think I peaked with the one that made it into the OPs.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You're allowed to call WWE The Fed, and anyone that freaks out about that is a problem.

You can also call WWE "Up North"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If only there was someone who could take the middle ground… a sort of moderate approach, if you will.

Middle Ground sounds like a TNA PPV.

Maybe posting enemies should be forced to watch TNA together

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

History Comes Inside! posted:

Give everyone in the forum a button that can be exclusively used to ban epic rereg guys

OH

HELL

YEAH

:bahgawd:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I command and demand the power to assign gang tags, then I will commence the PSP Draft, and posters will be assigned to either the Serious Business or poo poo Poster brands. This brand split will last for at least 6 months, potentially longer depending on how successful it is

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

blunt posted:

Will there be any kind of talent trading opportunity if somebody is looking for a new challenge?

That's a definite possibility

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hand Knit posted:

Okay, here's roughly how I see things right now:

(1) The AEW wrestling threads are tremendously popular right now, especially in the immediate 24 hours after Dynamite. There were ~40 pages this week, thanks to Mox-Punk and the backstage news. This is good, but it's also a lot of posting to keep an eye on.

(2) There's a simmering bad vibes/cliquishness problem that isn't particularly severe, but it's present enough for most people to notice.

(3) The main change is going to be to try add another person with buttons (mod or IK, though I prefer a mod) who is reliably online when AEW is on and the day after. They won't necessarily be AEW-dedicated, but that's obviously the top priority since that's where all the posting is.

(4) It sounds like most people are putting in a self-conscious effort of being less aggro or less cliquey. That's good. One thing I noted, though, is that people would occasionally say that there were righteous exceptions, and being more aggressive was good. An issue with this is that people often think their own aggression (or dunking or mockery or whatever) is the righteous exception, and never anyone else's. I guess that's just something to keep in mind when posting, and deciding that you yourself is in the right. A bunch of posters specifically mentioned that one of the reasons they wanted a new mod was to nudge them when they were going too far. That's fine, though I think that everyone is at an age where they should be expected to act responsibly themselves.

(5) Relatedly, a new mod will also have to be treated with patience, both as they figure out the best way to act by trial and error and also as posters get told to simmer down more than they're used to. Again, this is the sort of thing where people's best judgement should be enough.

So yeah. Wrestling is in a good spot now so posts are way up. We'll work to bring in a new mod. Be excellent to each other and accepting of difference.

These are good, but what about my draft idea?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm liking all these posts. Great collaborative effort!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

a little bit too many jokes is coming around. this is a friendly notice. you'd traditionally use the word warning there rather than notice. but these days giving a warning makes people assume you're talking about you're going to whoop their rear end or something. that's not what it is. it's like hey... you're close to swimming out too far, on your own. it has nothing to do with anything i'm going to do. i'm not going to do it. you are

Who in the rudypoo are you?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Scrote Driver off the top of the triple cage

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Hausu Usher posted:

It seems people have taken "horrible scrote" in the wrong way, so I apologise. I was just using fun flowerly language for fun and for a moment thought people were joining in with the bit which confused things.

In proper terms I just meant being nasty to someone because you believe they are secretly here to ruin your hobby by repeating lines from a podcaster is probably an attitude we should move away from.

If you want to post Corny stuff do it in the Courantine thread. It's a thread where you can post about Cornett and his opinions and thoughts unimpeded.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I was a Mod everyone itt would be forced to work this out by GOING ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A rule should be if you are legit, seriously mad, or upset, and are about to take it out on another poster, take like 3 minutes to breath, and consider what you are about to post.

I call it the Three Minute Warning rule.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Paper View (because all the buys are TK with fake accounts)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I got some feedback for ya.....

Keep up the good work!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
mods. Kick the above person's HUGE rear end

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave is permabanned poster scoopstomper58.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Rampage tag should be Mark Henry head, and next to it is a gif of "it's time for the maaiiiin event"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

My dream is a reality

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Imagine combining this gif with the one where his face gets smaller.

My feedback is someone should make that

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What're y'all talking about? Be like me and just ignore the 200 missed posts and post a dumb idea or funny thing you thought of, then scroll backwards until you get bored

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Feedback: I met Kenny Omega today and he was nice and normal. Probe anyone that says otherwise

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bad mod, never changed my username Malcolm Morphoplex.

Glad to have you back as a normie poster, dude

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Brut posted:

I know this is probably a joke but just in case, only admins can actually do this.

You gotta admit it is a cool wrestling related username

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ivypls posted:

a friend of mine had their name changed by the dead guy one time

THE UNDER TAKER?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

critical was a model referee

Until they started burping up black goo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm gonna win the next contest, and I'm gonna probe myself ALL NIGHT LONG, WOOOOO

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Someone hit me with a sixer and the Kurt Angle cum spray gif as the reason.

E: because the probation STUNK

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
EMF has joined the NWO, and that prob was the finger poke of doom.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Brut posted:

Probably busy :shrug:, do you feel like the forum is undermoderated as a result?

MODERATE THIS, BROTHER

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Make me the IK, and I'll probe anyone that gets in my way. And I'm talking about going all the way to the top with this one

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Since Horny was banned the posters started displaying more Ruthless Aggression

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

lol.

MJeff my friend I swear i’m not as bad as you think, I am really sorry my posts bother you, i’ll try to see what I can do to not mess up the AEW thread anymore for you.

Don't bow down to corporate Wall Street deep state pressure.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think calling CM Punk CM Henderson or Hangman Weepy Wangman are corny, played out, and pathetic as people that call the president Brandon. But that is like an SA thing all over. The /relationships thread has people posting "put x in an acid vat" ad nauseam.

Also if anyone ever tells me they aren't my friend on here I'll cry IRL, and if they tell me to stop this poo poo, brother, I'll throw them vertically through a ceiling tile.

I want all the Jabroni Marks that work themselves into shoots, take a moment, count to 30, then ask if they are posting for their own glory, or the glory of God (Mick Foley) before posting a screed about this and that.

Have a nice day

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How do I join the insiders? Is it a discord? I'm not posting on a loving discord about a wrestling sub forum.

Who wants to join the outsiders with me and the big sexy of PSP?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Deadforum and Cabal

Like Deadpool and Cable

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ken Jeong as Changman in an unproduced episode of community about the study group getting into professional wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The posters are no longer held hostage by an oppressed dictator