Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'd like to see something finally done about NienNunb giving me a probation "just because" when they were a wrestling IK. Perhaps permanent IK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's not happening for anybody but if we make the posts smaller we can turn them into liquid rear end-ettes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my opinion the only big change that should be made is a moderator who most of the time gets to just be a poster, does so, acts like an IK, and has the power to get rid of somebody who is massively freaking out or saying extremely hosed up horrible things. doesn't necessarily have to even be a change in moderators if they don't want to and did want to do exactly what i say at all times. don't change anything else in case it's a lot worse than what's going on now. maybe i'm biased since i find that pretty likely to be the case and others don't. no worries. 1+1 cents.

e; whoops didn't see above

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 28, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a little bit too many jokes is coming around. this is a friendly notice. you'd traditionally use the word warning there rather than notice. but these days giving a warning makes people assume you're talking about you're going to whoop their rear end or something. that's not what it is. it's like hey... you're close to swimming out too far, on your own. it has nothing to do with anything i'm going to do. i'm not going to do it. you are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this post was just explaining why that person wasn't being bullied but everyone involved has responded with their reasonings in this thread now so it seems like a better idea to get it from them and i'll just remove the Outsider's Opinion. sorry for being annoying

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 1, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Hausu Usher posted:

Is the discussion here about how it is - or about acknowledging things could be better; and that perhaps some people need to adjust to encourage a wider posting community (if that's what is desired)?

This knee-jerk conspiracy Cornete thing in particular is crazy. It's like half the goons in the forum must be spending a lot of time on his website and be 100% up to date on his opinions in order to keep up with what other people are saying and be in a position of accusing them of "repeating Jim Cornette lines". I think justifying being a horrible scrote to someone because you accuse them of being a bot for a podcaster is an attitude that needs to be dropped going forward if things are going to get better. Sometimes it's just someone with a negative opinion and if they can be grouped in with a pariah of the PSP then it's easier to shut them up.

If someone is genuinely trying to troll your favourite hobby then report to a mod, if it's consistent block them. Don't get out the whiteboard/red string or start rounding up a posse.

nobody was being a horrible scrote in any way, or rounding anyone up. why do you believe this?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Hausu Usher posted:

The defensiveness of the horrible scrotes ITT. :sickos:

Thanks for making this a better place dude

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

???

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

using the other hand as a clue you can tell he's scissoring daddy cody's elbow very deeply. this is areference to something real not being a weirdo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another good decision when it's made.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that post seemed like a real joke with a legitimate punchline about the definitions of a prefix, as opposed to a lovely insult that was "not serious" and trying to pass as a joke. but it seems like there is history from the user harping on the same subject recently and the first time was not a real joke, which sucked and makes the second joke concerning even to someone who has the opinion i just shared. someone's sexuality isn't something to turn into a well to go to, and shouldn't be the actual point of japeing around. that's for dang sure!

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 17, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

arguing about the particulars of that litigation from earlier can take a long walk off one of my relatively short premie adult fingers, and that's Fully implied. just kidding. speak your truth. but try listening to this band... it's called, Bad Faith No More!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we aren't here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't want to name names but what we need on here is more direct confrontation to solve our issues with each other. you know who you are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well i don't know about all of that. a little less advocacy for the devil goes a long way. at least for the poo poo devil. hardly anybody needs to be rudely confronted about when they don't like to see and smell some big pieces of poo poo. hooey. and it seems like that's been addressed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mods. Kick the above person's little rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to see these tags made available to use in the subforum.

and please remove 'dog fights'; that type of humor isn't appreciated and makes me sad to think about when it's seen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i shouldn't have said a lot of things about my ignore list and vaguely discussed the two members of it. i personally was really pulling the thread from an interesting sidetrack into weirdness. i want to say let's all avoid the tedium unless it's me. no need for new forums or much of anything.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 28, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Meltzer doesn't even tweet scoops so that's a confusing one to me.

the first thing i want to say is that you're right, so that my post isn't seen as an argument against what you said. but after that, someone has been pointing out that dave has been buying into and reporting bad or conflicting information recently, e.g. cm punk somehow being in talks for a contract buyout but also not speaking to anyone at around the same time. i don't have any comment on those points or scoops but i bring this up because i think it's possible that this is contributing to the perception/confusion regarding bad scoop tweets; someone is "tweeting" about the "bad scoops", though it isn't dave. edit: those tweets have been posted before. that also needs to be pointed out and i forgot. so those tweets have been on this forum even though they aren't dave's.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 30, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm flashy_mcflash.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In a diplomatic way, shut up about that guy. Nothing happened

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is merely a suggestion just like anything else but don't keep letting people get away with critiquing the vibes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to make it clear that critiquing the vibe means nothing. Thank you for all the work; past, present, and future.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please create a british territories wrestling thread and please allow that slur in that thread, unless you are canadian.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

why do you want to call big daddy such mean things

only because I cannot say it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've always thought of rick and a few others saying goodnight to me when i lay down to rest.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i apologize for my role in this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

accept or deny my apology

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

step right up haha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edit. responding to previous page

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 11, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's no need for any of this horseplay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He doesn't do that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Are you a vet, breeder, or other?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the seemingly very successful and happy discord sounds like a good solution to the problem, which doesn't need to be arrogantly pushed on everyone else in an attempt to shame people for using nicknames when they talk about wrestling, or otherwise act like objective observers talking about how posting must be done. the plea about "what i want to see" earlier in this thread is something else. if the threads here are to be entertainment for people, they should be for the users who are making the posts. not people who come in to complain and swear they would post more if everyone else was better. why do you think the people who do enjoy themselves here want that? why do you think you are higher quality than other people or whatever is causing this? get a grip.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 28, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's like 70 to 200 people browsing the forum all the time. if the argument is that most of these people read the threads and shake their heads in disgust because they can't have good wrestling discussion, then first of all that's more than enough people to fulfill the dream somewhere. why it has to be here i don't know. if there's a sense of ownership or longing to use this place and boot out the jagoffs or make them fall in line, then present your case to hand knit or someone in a sensible way. point out exactly how much better a forum it is if they would force people to stop being silly and to permit only the most "readable" impassioned wrestling love letters. entrust one another with writing out some example posts that you'd make if you felt it would be worthwhile. as it is, there are like 3 or 4 posts a week of someone insulting another person and going to this well of justice to act like it's warranted. there's no discussion to be had about this because every time someone brings it up they are acting as agents of how things must be and saying the majority of users are in a group together. a group that is willfully keeping this place bad. it's not reasonable. It reads much more like you enjoy insulting the people who post here first and foremost and don't really care that much about the rest. prove me wrong or stop it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There is zero reason to try and be a stickler to get the harmless mockery of a pro wrestler removed.

That rivals pun stuff was championed by a person who was angry about sports slights 24/7, as well as another person who was similar and was a serial abuser. its purpose was to stop people from pissing them off a ton, with the one positive side effect being that it helped cut down on stupid slur usage. It was never some kind of great idea that made sure the forums were high quality.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to explain the history of similar situations. the admins don't tend to restore avs that are blanked for being offensive, but forum mods have given out free avs for any reason all the time for 20 years. for that reason it might be worth asking, though it might be even more worth asking in a pm to a sympathetic person. here is the avatar in case anyone wants to be able to grab it quickly. if you don't want to do that then who cares? it's none of my business and never was. don't talk to me about it and don't look at me like you're expecting me to say anything else. in terms of a 1 on 1 personal conversation, we're done with that sort of thing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i apologize for my rudeness above. i'm scared of talking to you (person reading this) and my defense mechanism went a little haywire. it's absolutely a 'me' problem as you might have well understood without a response like this. once again i apologize and i hope to find you and post with you under better circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thgank you.