Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

I would like some moderators on the wrestling side who are actually active in this subforum and community. That’s about it I think. The rest kicks big rear end.

yes, get rid of junpei imo they are a mostly absentee mod in general it seems. Karmatic is fine and i get maybe someone with real life stuff cant be on all the times (i dont even know their time zone either though) but having someone else backing them up thats more active in general would be good. Dont know if they need to be a constant poster if theres a way to track lurking times or what

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The amount of random 12+ hour probes given for the most vague, inscrutable reasons is unbelievable

new mod should start with giving people 6ers and if they're repeat offenders ramp it up after i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Next IK should be determined by the Sumo Thread Fantasy Tournament.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

outside of the sonny kiss one i dont see any spoiler thread titles and the sonny kiss one is probably a fine one to do since it's actively advertising sonny kiss will be on that show

mods did change the titles once or twice because of the spoiler in the thread title which i believe is the blanked out discussion thread title

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
probably more the same tbh depending on who you ask. There are multiple kinds of people who post on here and consume wrestling differently and their ideas of that clash even now (the yea ok prob recently being one)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think trying to separate and place posters in groups is slightly a problem because like i said there are multiple posters on here who consume wrestling differently, not just promotions and styles, and they're all valid. Its when someone who doesnt watch wrestling the same way as another sees a post they dont agree with and feel like they have to just shoot them down. There a handful of older PSP posters who where here back during WH2K still and a handful of newer or returning posters who havent watched wrestling in awhile/before and those clash as do some regulars who always have been interesting to deal with.

those that want to seriously discus what they did or didnt like or where they think the promotions they're watching will go with booking can have that and there are others that will engage with them, but they do need to either ignore or not take ones who dont take it as serious or think about wrestling the same way replying to them with jokes or w/e. The same goes vice versa where if the more lighthearted posters dont need to prod people with burns if they not being malicious. I dont think its too hard to ignore a poster you dont agree with or at least better ways to dismiss their ramblings.

I feel like the only problem that PSP posters keep running into is just they never like the mods because they dont do exactly what they want, but also no one truly want to be a mod because they think mods suck in general and dont want to be one & have to deal with this subforums occasional drama. I feel like the trouble on the subforum only really blows up after wednesday nights because aew is the obvious hot product that people on this subforum care enough about to get truly heated over and that carries on to friday, reignited after Rampage and mostly settles down by tuesday for the most part unless there's a PPV or something that AEW has. I dont think literally any of the other threads/promotions/combat sports have as much issues, except maybe the wwe threads when trolling gets too weird or heated. Yes there is conversations that other posters are tired of like the AEW and Women topic but thats gonna keep happening and posters that dont like it should just ignore it instead of making aggro posts like "here we go again" that doesnt help but stir up any issues between posters.

tl;dr seperate areas is dumb, we all consume wrestling just others in different ways and people need to learn to ignore those that dont consume the product the same as them unless they're being obviously malicious about it. Mod situation is weird because no one actually wants to mod anything because its seen as lame with past SA culture with awful mods. If we get a mod to replace one or just another in general they should at least be regularly around from at least wed to sunday since i see those as the big post show discussion days

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Compressing the MMA discussion into a core thread + GDTs has definitely helped a little, but yeah, we're a small but loving community. I've thought occasionally about doing a BYOB traveling forum spaceship thing with an MMA thread, but for one I wanted to get the new Q&A thread out first so we had an intro that wasn't a decade out of date and full of slurs and for two other forums scare me

went to look at the MMA Q&A Thread and obviously theres parts before i got to the one that made me laugh about it being out of date but the "there will never be a womens division in UFC" line got a good chuckle out of me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Especially amazing since Ditch has basically seen ALL THE PURO :stare: or at least had up until that point.

To be fair, getting raised on a steady diet of Kobashi/Misawa/Kawada/Taue probably sets a pretty high bar for what constitutes a good wrestler!

whats dave's excuse

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
last page and a half a good thread example of why we need a more active moderation imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

the britt baker derangement syndrome is the real issue with the aew thread that should be addressed

Whats the "Britt Baker Derangement Syndrome"? Is it that britt baker isnt that good? I do not think that is a derangened opinion solely from this forum or even people acting in bad faith elsewhere on the internet believe. there are people that believe she didnt step up from her character that was chasing the title and actually regressed both in ring and character wise & that there are much better in ring wrestlers that AEW employees than her. i do not think its a questionable or bad faith opinion for people to have. This is not me saying people that like Britt are wrong, this is more a post about how wrestling as a whole is a genre of entertainment more similar to fictional shows where people will enjoy characters more than others and dislike other characters more than others and posters should understand that not every take is in bad faith or an attack against what they like which should provoke them into the need to disprove the others opinion, unless the other posters opinion is very abrasive.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Generico posted:

people shouldn't focus on one wrestler they hate and post trash talk about them all the time, unless it's beepie because that one's mine and it's totally valid and justified

brian pillman jr is just not good at anything, but i think if someone is a major focus of a division and show people have the right to constantly talk about how theyre not that good. It wasnt a problem when less good wrestlers were getting pushed above better ones back when people used to watch and talk about wwe before it went to complete poo poo the last few years, why should it be off limits and treated as bad think in aew?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
once Endeavour buys WWE as well as owning UFC we should change the subforum name again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo its fine to make fun of wrestler who get hurt all the time, people did it with hhh and his quads

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
who'd they ever beat

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

ignore the "toxx clause" entirely on this subforum imo

no one ever makes a good toxx anyway

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
a thread title change

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
posters of new TKO should join the SA WWE 2k23 Efed thank you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Genericide posted:

What was Penguin Patrol?

weird about a miss connection after getting banned from a dating site

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think there was an old feedback like thread an i stumbled in and went "who the gently caress is jase" and then felt bad and now im vindicated that he's not dead

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you can watch quantum of phallus get his rear end kicked every tuesday and thursday on SAW

Don't lie to these people. QOP has been winning most of his matches every Tuesday and Thursday night at 9pm est at twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Maybe he will lose at the big ppv this Saturday!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
u thinkin of beating qop

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Don't lie to these people. QOP has been winning most of his matches every Tuesday and Thursday night at 9pm est at twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Maybe he will lose at the big ppv this Saturday!

I was wrong the big PPV show is on Sunday Oct 29th at 3PM EST at https://www.twitch.tv/tha_swizzler not tomorrow at 9. Please give me a 6er for this incorrect information. im sorry and i will do better in the future

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thank you to both you on the last page

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people take posting about wrestling too loving serious is my only take and the new hot alternative thats nothing like wwe having its bloom starting to fade i think is driving posters insane as some try to keep up the positive vibes while others who have been through this before see the bad stuff so easily.

also i think a 6er no matter what isnt that serious and not that big of a deal. its pretty much just a "hey shut the gently caress up right now" punishment that kind of only works when it happens ASAP that anyone not way too invested in posting on SA would completely miss doing anything else online or irl

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 4, 2023

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people should be at least mildly aware of whats going on in wwe when they try to make fun of it instead of making stuff up because the other stuff happening is much funnier most the time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dare you to make a post that isnt an empty quote :twisted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dont think its a good idea but i dont think its the end of the world if hes just gonna be the guy who comes out every 2-3 months to go wooo and try to sell his energy drink that will definitely put termites in your rectum

as long as its ok for posters to poo poo on the owner of the company bringing up his rival companies owner's scumbag history and then hiring someone just as bad as an employee

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

we're really showing them arent we

it is very funny to me to clown on the guy who is too online and trying to be morally superior while doing the same poo poo he's using as a gotcha, as is the way of the poster

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
delete the subforum

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
make everyone go to epa

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they're not but also those kinds of posts are really bad and actually dont add poo poo to any conversation besides looking down on people for not enjoying everything. Like when me and someone else nominated that terrible shida vs toni storm match, both from in ring, story telling, and pattern of booking, was a wmotyc candidate and someone was like "i've seen worse, no way that could been a worse match" to us.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

thats not probation worthy either

never said they were. i'm saying they're bad posts and would like the posts to stop being babies because the bloom is coming off AEW and some people arent afraid to say it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MotU posted:

bloom is a trainer at NXT, idoit

A Trainer...
A-Train....

it was right there all along

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Do think AEW Mecca thread need thicker skin. genuinely dont remember when people still posted about WWE if posters ever complained enough to make a separate thread when people didnt like other parts of the show, people just rolled with the posts and discussed the shows. Maybe that was the Randy Orton Man Love Lockerroom, i dont know

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

this happened like two weeks ago

theres a real and active "Please Be Nice About WWE itt" thread right now complaining about people being too mean about a wrestling promotion? I mean, AEW has had 2 this year, once when the people pro Punk being a messy drama queen started and then the new one now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Every once in a while it boils over and someone asks for everyone to stop dunking on WWE and then everyone tells them there’s nothing stopping them from making a Positive WWE Thread and then they never actually make it lol

yea because theres no need for it, people come in the wwe thread and go "wow i liked this" and then people poo poo on them for liking wwe in the wwe discussion thread. AEW threads have the opposite energy where if people say they think something sucked everyone got mad at them for not liking everything to the point the more vocal group have a new thread to post in

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

There was a real plea to stop people from coming into the WWE thread to make fun of it, yes. nobody made a thread though.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but just don't read the mecca thread if it bothers you

But creating interthread drama with a thread dedicated to making GBS threads on people that aren't 110% positive about every aspect of a promotion is incredibly toxic and doesnt help whatever conceived forum wars or clique gang thing people keep saying exists on this subforum which is the problem we've been dealing with

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can't post that people need thicker skin and also hate read the AEW mecca thread.

i'm going by what other posters in this thread are saying. i probably posted once in the thread and thats the only other time i've looked at it. If people really want to make the AEW Positivity Only Please thread their new home they shouldnt complain about the people posting in the AEW Discussion thread for discussing the good and the bad that exists in the promotion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm being sincere when asking you if you realize you're doing the same thing they are by complaining about them

This is The Forum Feedback thread about airing your grievances about what is wrong or could be improved about this forum and posting culture. This is not the be positive about forum posting culture thread.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
why are we back to psp i thought there was a vote for a new name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is right now a bad time to post my posting enemies list