Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More active moderation is really the thing I'd say. Probably a few times I could have used a 6er when I just couldn't wrap my mind around the direction a show was going. Which typing out appears to be an absolutely bonkers situation to be in, but hey when a show is engaging these things can happen. Still, someone that can regularly step in and break up a dumb slap fight would be great.

Other than that I think the subforum is doing great. Hell, the three-four times I peek into the WWE thread it looks like it's doing way better so the community is healing. I don't follow MMA but I like the idea of forum hopping threads so I think that was a good idea mentioned previously.

As an aside I hope the netcode in the AEW game is good because I want to find the character that low blows a lot and use them on half the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Give everyone in the forum a button that can be exclusively used to ban epic rereg guys

:agreed:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Brut posted:

Oh not the lists of names again

1)Brut

Anybody else wanna mention the list??????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who in the rudypoo are you?

reported for mod sass

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Implying Jon Moxley needs to be carried in 2022 out of the blue is not wise.

That's all I'll add to the topic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Scrotes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

edogawa rando posted:

PPV is also to be pronounced puh-puh-vuh

Getting flash backs to a man calling DVDs dih vih duhs and I can't remember who the hell that was

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You are an actual saint

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

In my eyes Derangement Syndrome doesn’t mean “liking someone I don’t like”, it means “I am preoccupied either positively or (most likely) negatively with this professional wrestler and it’s the only thing I wish to talk about”.

It is why I am trying to actively limit the times I post about certain individuals since I rarely have anything positive to say about them.

I think Punk thread idea has merit, but yeah it would need a stricter touch if recent events in the discussion thread are any indication.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's definitely frustrating cause I do think there's been some good chuckles out of the Punk stuff, photoshops and what have you, but it's a sticky issue since yeah tempers are flaring up too. I dunno.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am currently assuming poo poo.

There is a big thought cloud puffing out of my head and there's a dookie in it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bad probe but I think we'll all learn something from the experience

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When the aew game finally comes out I will make Cabal and so long as it allows me to I will make it Vinceflex

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Badman posted:

The enclosed pool area is also back if you really need to talk about masturbating to wrestlers, I guess.

:wth: it's time!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Webcomics:corsair:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will throw into the void that I stopped about 99% of my posting in WWE threads, save for whenever Cody did a thing. I don't have anything positive to say about the company or its product, I'm not going to celebrate their ability to make a storyline that isn't garbage, so I try to avoid WWE posting nowadays.

If there are others that cannot do so I think a smack on their keester from IK or mod could be warranted. Detach from whatever badness you despise. Post about a wrestlers dog instead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sandman McMahon posted:

Butt ‘The Shitman’ Fart

Then
Now
Forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lovely poster aside, it's frustrating that we can't just collectively ignore Cornette. Today is the first time I've spared a thought on Cornette and that's because of this thread. Sometimes it's not enough to avoid touching the poop--after a certain point you have got to stop looking at it too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I defer to Cav on this one--if yea ok reported him already, and he's got a track record of this poo poo that you can check the thread for, and his footprint on the subforum is limited to just that thread I say be done with em. It's a weird bit, it's a bad bit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JOHN CENA posted:

hes going to blow it on baseball cards dont believe this dude

what cards are they after? depending on the answer I might throw em a hundo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't permaban him. Give him a full Roman loadout.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's about FUCKIN time someone took the fight to this friggin forum

He's BIG. That's his NAME

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IGgy IGsen posted:

The Big Show isn't that big.

YES HE IS:qq:

reported

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

A genuinely embarrassing probation. State of this place

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm fine with calming down on dumb nicknames but Butt "The Shitman" Fart should be a legacy exception, and framed and placed in a posting museum for a timeless joke

It's not like Bret does much anymore anyway

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean yeah the perfect solution is just leaving things as they were

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanna apologize to Brut because a quick look at the lepers colony has shown me that a lame 6er is less than nothing today with some of the other poo poo flying around.

You're not a shitmod. Maybe a nugget.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh they were told not to do something and then they did it, seems pretty fair then

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's weird to me you'd single out the "cm punk is fat" jokes when it's a regular thing for people to quote Scott Steiner spitting out "he's FAT" with such anger and disgust that it sucks if you think about it too much.

I dont have an issue with either, since I think this forum for the most part doesn't post with that kinda malice in its heart.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Danhausen and Punk both come out dressed in Homer's moo moo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

I've tried to keep quiet about this, but hey, over the past 10 months, there's been a lot of super cutesy posts about "wouldn't it be funny if CM Punk immediately injured himself again, I'm technically not wishing injury on him, I'm just CONSTANTLY talking about how funny it would be and how much I would personally enjoy it if he suffered a long-term injury immediately upon returning to the ring".

Can we like, knock it the gently caress off, maybe? If we did this about any other wrestler, it would correctly be called out as the hosed up thing it is. If somebody said "oh man, wonder if Hangman Page is gonna concuss himself again on his first bump!" or "oh man, I sure would love it if Kris Statlander is gonna blow out her knee again five seconds into her first title defense!", it would be regarded as a very hosed up thing to say. And yes, I know, you think this is a disingenuous analogy and these examples are appreciably different because you like those wrestlers, but you don't like CM Punk. Congratulations on liking one wrestler and not liking another one.

The dude came back. He wrestled a match. He didn't dive off anything. He didn't get injured. You had your fun. Can we just stop?

no

But also I probably won't be watching on Saturdays so I don't think I'm going to be a big source of the problem moving forward

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Your reg date is 2011. What was your original account??

double jeopardy, gettim

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not going to engage with aggroman 5000 here but if someone wants their dumb post removed from the AEW OP totem I'm not opposed. The OP is threatening Big Bill in height and I cannot accept that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

I feel really bad about piling onto people who are going through some kind of bad emotional response to the internet but I'll never understand why when called a bad poster some people decide to double or triple down on it and start picking fights with the entire forum. at some point you've either got to decide the place you're on is toxic and you should just leave quietly or realize you're the one that's a problem

sometimes it can be both i guess

I may be a bad poster but I will burn the whole house down if you point it out to me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn’t know where else to post this so I’ll put it here - it has been the honor of my lifetime to be a PSP Mod, but I’ve relinquished the reigns. I’m just not finding myself online quite as much lately and am actively trying to do more things away from screens, but I’ll of course still be posting here and hanging out in AEW GDTs.

I at least hope my time as a mod did some good and helped out around here.

I am now an official member of Just Five Guys Posters.

Here's my feedback: I'm gonna e-bump you on your e-noggin now that your mod friends can't protect you anymore

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

flashy_mcflash posted:

lol owned no backsies

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Punk haters quaking in their boots at the idea of Jungle Boy becoming a mod :twisted:

This will not change my posting

Eat dog poop, cm punk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

As many of you are aware, after a few short hours of being a mod, I’m afraid I need to step down. All of the bans and probes have been reversed and wiped from the records. My behavior was frankly unacceptable and I am sorry.

And to the 3 posters that were involved in the SANADA incident, no apology that I make will make up for what I put you through. I’m deeply ashamed, and hope that I can redeem myself as a member of the community.

Yeah take that ya butt shinjobi wins his grueling long campaign against mod JUNGLE BOY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Somebody must have given JUNGLE BOY the iggy, also known as the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

The wrestling subreddit was closed for a while and this is literally the only place to discuss wrestling on the internet that isn't a complete cesspool, so I think it's feasible that some new people did actually show up here, but, uh. I dunno, I'm a little bit, as the kids say, SUS, as well.

I think that's pog

Maybe even tubular? Is that anything still?