Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is there a thread to talk and ask questions about old wwe? Or should I just use the WWE thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

you can just use the wwe thread. its mostly for chatting (making fun) about modern fed stuff but a lot of us have been watching for decades so we can answer your questions

Ok I'll do that.

Tampa Bae posted:

you should create a nostalgia WWE thread and I'd post in it too, been thinking about how WWF almost used the Michinoku Pro guys in a serious attempt to rival WCW's Lucha-based cruiserweights and thought it'd be fun to talk about

Beyond the big names wrestlers I dont know anything about WWF/WWE history. I wouldn't know where to start for an OP for a thread like that. I didn't start watching wrestling until end of 2022 and have only watched JCP/WCW up to 1989.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok I made the thread. If the mods or anyone else has a better title don't be afraid to change it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051723&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Edit: never-ending. Found what I wanted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Could the mods rename the Wrestlemania thread to something like "WWE Weeklies/PPV: DDTs of Our Lives" and add a rule of the thread being for shows discussion only?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Are you kidding me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don’t think i said that it was

Yes you did and you implied I was a pedophile yesterday

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Whatever. There is a separate thread now for talking about the shows. There is no reason we should start this crap again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

illcendiary posted:

This is the way, and I say that as someone who watches WWE. There is clearly no desire to actually discuss the product here, so keep the Vince/company culture thread open and nuke the others

Wouldn't that need to be a blanket ban on all TKO holdings threads?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why not? TKO is what paid Vince recently with the stock buybacks and they aren't just generating money from WWE content. They own the territory and WCW archives and UFC PPV have to be giving them a good chunk of change.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MJeff posted:

WCW doesn't exist anymore and Vince McMahon didn't run UFC and mold its culture in his image for 40 years.

That doesn't matter. Many of you are validly pointing out that watching a stream of Raw on Hulu generates some amount of money that goes to TKO Holdings and may end up in Vince's pocket. This also applies to archive footage of the territories or WCW found on social media or Peacock and PPVs of UFC matches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Please stop doing your bad faith bit, but especially stop doing it in this thread. This isn't a conversation that is actually happening.

It is not bad faith to point out this hypocrisy. It doesn't matter which asset generates the money if the money still goes to Vince whi h seems to be a good portion of people's problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008