Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think the wrestling thread mods are absolutely terrible at doing what mods are supposed to do. No issues with them as people or posters but they need to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The amount of random 12+ hour probes given for the most vague, inscrutable reasons is unbelievable

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also no more goddamn spoilers in thread titles it’s easy enough to avoid going into threads about stuff you haven’t watched yet and if you go into one and get spoiled then you’re a deserving dumbass but putting it in the thread title is a dick move when there’s a large chunk of the forum who aren’t in the US and don’t watch all their wrestling at 2am.

yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

what spoilers were in thread titles

plenty in the AEW weekly discussion, go back and you can find them easily.

KungFu Grip posted:

new mod should start with giving people 6ers and if they're repeat offenders ramp it up after i guess?

dunno why that isn’t just the default

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

The AEW thread OPs need more fanart and memes

[56k nightmare]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Getting chaos dunked into oblivion for posting takes like “the comedy rap act with two black dudes, one of whom is openly gay, is exactly like Donald Trump” isn’t being ganged up on, it’s what happens when you post spectacularly dumbass takes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E /\/\ exactly forkboy

I think if you had any sort of active moderator participation at all you wouldn’t run into those issues that the AEW thread runs into. I’m not talking about 6ers, I just mean like literally posting “hey chill out” in the thread instead of silently probing people days or weeks later for stuff that nobody can understand.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tweak posted:

put slow mode on the weekly AEW thread just to see what happens

*alvarez voice* nooooooooo!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

I cannot get on board with anything that prevents me spamming the thread with my Dynamite liveposts on Thursday morning
for real. Wish you were the mod here :cheers:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To get real for a minute, one thing I severely disagree with is anyone saying particular jokes or styles of joke/troll posting are “played out” or acting as if moderation of these things are in any way necessary. Just because you don’t find posting C*dy hilarious , or saying we have to look at a wrestler’s Twitter likes funny, doesn’t mean others do not enjoy these posts. I for one love them. I love the jokes and good natured trolls here. I love getting told I’m a big idiot if I post a bad opinion. If you see a joke post and don’t find it funny, unless it’s something malicious about someone then who cares? Life is bad enough for people, there’s no need to claim that certain jokey post styles are “exhausting” when seeing the words C*dy Rh*d*s may bring joy to the likes of *MF or others.

I love posting about how Rampage numbers are in the mud, even though I like to watch the show. It harms precisely nobody and wasting a mod or IKs time on it sounds bizarre to me when the real issues here are minor slap fights that could be easily resolved by a mod or IK saying “hey chill”

As the famous yeah okay said, it’s a forum about wrestling (don’t care about the UFC threads) a made up thing designed to entertain us and make us hoot and holler. The tolerance for posting utter nonsense should be extremely high imo.

#MyThoughtsForToday

Love most people here!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I‘m preempting the haters.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think there is a group of people who don’t take posting very seriously and another group of people who sometimes take it very seriously indeed, and the root of most conflict is these two groups posting past each other and getting frustrated.

If only there was someone who could take the middle ground… a sort of moderate approach, if you will.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so when we getting some new mods huh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh so it’s definitely not happening then :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

for the love of god, stop the drat match and give us new mods!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

try listening to this band... it's called, Bad Faith No More!

No chance in hell

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have an aggregator it’s called Twitter.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the escape goat posted:

do people not know how to use the ignore function? it rules. it makes the AEW weekly thread way better. Yeah it sucks that ignored posters still show up in quotes but they’re easy to scroll by.

just quoting this for anyone who can't see it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

On the contrary, I think any thread that doesn’t contain one Meltzer tweet per page should be gassed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Like, what is this subforum's obsession with Trev? He's got some stupid weird ban in place where he's not actually banned and hangs over the place like a ghost. Just ban him properly and move on. If somebody posts his tweets in the bad takes thread, who cares? That's what it's there for. If you're gonna probe people for posting Rovert tweets than you may as well do the same for whenever Dave or SRS vague post in their tweets.

Dave no, as he is always right. Trev and SRS should be permas on sight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He's a total freak and needs to be quarantined, sorry OP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's on and it reads "QoP derangement syndrome", yet again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

someone added the mr. stink thing to my avatar and i've been living in fear ever since, as Mr. Stink is NOT my NXT 2.0 name

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

remember that time jon moxley attacked adam page so hard that he cried himself to sleep

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Rampage tag should be Mark Henry head, and next to it is a gif of "it's time for the maaiiiin event"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

This is merely a suggestion just like anything else but don't keep letting people get away with critiquing the vibes.

agreed cav.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know what critiquing the vibes means

the endless whining in the aew thread about posters and posting probably

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not a slur.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

stop being dicks to each other and bond over making bad jokes about fake fighting and professional wrestling

people get personally insulted and say things like “it’s so exhausting seeing the bad faith” if you try to post jokes. It’s unreal. Just scroll down!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Thanks for being a good mod Critical :love:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who is ex hummus and why have they lame probed EMF>>?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Merry Christmas karmicknitht

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When they’re funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

balance has been restored.

cavauro onxe sent me an image of an angry Goldberg toy and I’ve been afraid to open a PM since

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

emf gave me the iggy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

It’s a little silly for someone to be a mod for a community they’ve shown comically no interest in participating in.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Brut posted:

. In general perhaps even a rotating comedy IK would be welcomed there just to spice things up? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Please do this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yo what’s with the hostile energy over jokey posting in the AEW thread? Let’s work it out? Don’t call me Elon Musk he’s a really bad guy!

the shadow PSP cabal decided you were next on the list for the chop. I’m sorry to tell you this but I had to break omertà to give you this warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

edit. responding to previous page